cure-real

Thread: DAD or not

DAD or not

Am I her Dad?

I have taken care of her for more then 3 years. She is five now am I her Dad? Or is it still someone else?

Blog Entries
    Any idiot can be a biological father, it takes someone special to be her Dad.

Biblically speaking the answer is "Yes."
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Can you show me where it tells us to be a DAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I suppose in a round about way, Jesus' own story can be used. Joseph was not his "biological" father, but he acted as a dad to Jesus as far as we can tell.

Is there anything in the BIBLE that said?: Take care of the kids that have NO parents?

Is there anything in the BIBLE that said?: Take care of the kids that have NO parents?
    Did you read my last post at all?

Well

Jesus welcomed the little children. Mark 10:14-16 Jesus took them up in His arms and blessed them.
    If you offend one of these little ones Mark 9:42 better to have a millstone hanged about the neck and cast into the sea.
    I would be careful about being resentful of God placing you in a position to help a child who aparently needs someone to demonstrate God's love toward him.
    The golden rule is to do unto others as you would have them to do unto you. Whatever your hand finds to do do it heartily as unto the Lord.

For the cause of Christ.
    Roger

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Did you read my last post at all?
    Yes. Paul teaches us to care for the widows and orphans.

Blog Entries
    The Bible also teaches us that someone who neglects their family (whatever form that takes) is worse than an infidel.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Here's a good start. Read the book of Esther.

Esther's parents were killed. She had no one except a male cousin, Mordecai, to take her in. He raised her. Like a father even though he was not her father.

Esther was destined for greatness. She saved her people, through the urging of Mordecai. At the great risk of her own life.

Perhaps this little girl that you are taking care of is like Queen Esther - destined for something powerful and great for the name of God.

Perhaps you, like Mordecai, are to be a catalyst in her life - the one who encourages her.

Think about that. Perhaps this little girl's future lies partially in your hands. What you do, what you say, the role you set, the life you model ....

.... it's a sobering thought, no?

God bless you, brother. Whether you are officially called her father or not, be the man that she needs. That way, she will have the father that she needs.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Personally, I feel if you invest love in a child then she is yours. You have taken care of her and love her. Just because you're not the biological father doesn't mean anything. It is all about caring and loving a child.
    "We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren

http://bibleforums.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1311549587
    http://bibleforums.org/attachment.ph...2&d=1311549587

Thread Information