cure-real

Thread: I want GOD to live in me AGAIN

I want GOD to live in me AGAIN

Any ideas or ways to make it happen?

Wow! It's great to hear your desire to return to God.

Would you be willing to tell us more about what's going on in your life. The reason I ask for additional information is because I and others would like to address your situation more specifically rather than taking a shot in the dark, and giving you a bunch of information that you already know that may not help you any. I'm really excited about your decision. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love ya Brother.

Being a genuine disciple of Christ flows out of a relationship with Him.
    It's about experiencing God's grace, not earning His love through performance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ... Without even knowing you situation i can promise you that God has not abandoned you. If you no longer feel the presence of the LORD it is because you have hardened your heart but He is right there knocking and tryig to get you to talk to Him once more. All you need to do is to stop right where you are, cry out to God from your heart ad you will reestablish your relationship.

Keturah Guest
    I agree with Bill.....If you were once saved, meaning if you were ever born again by asking Jesus to forgive you, and come into your heart, he is still there! He promised to never leave you, nor forsake you! He keeps his promises.

If you feel far from him, it is you who have moved away, not him.

The fact that you are asking now shows God is drawing you back.

I understand this, for I turned my back on God for over 10 years, but while in Germany, and becoming very ill, he dealt with my heart there reminding me of my need to return, and I did.
    All you need is to turn to him, confessing your need and desire, and he will answer. He is more willing to renew fellowship than we are most often, so he will not turn you away....He promised that also. ...Those who come to him, he will in no wise cast out......John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out....a promise that you can count on, God will not lie to us, nor deceive us....That is his heart.
    Now, simply commit yours to His, and walk forward in Christ, never to leave again.

God never leaves us. We leave Him (so to speak.) Return to Him, He is waiting for you with open arms.

Partaker of Christ Guest
    Hi Eric!

As others have said, if you are born again, you are a child of God, and always will be.

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

God is Light, and to have fellowship with Him, we need to be walking in the light.
    This scripture is about 'fellowship' not kinship. Once a child, then our kinship is never an issue, but our fellowship is. If we want to have fellowship, we need to walk in the light.

To walk in the light, means we need to be looking to (facing) Him, for He is the light. If we turn or back on Him, His light still shines upon us, but it is on our back, and then we are walking in the darkness of our own shadow.

Matt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Get your eyes on Him, and Him alone. If your eyes are on Him, your whole body shall be full of light, for He is the light.

Blog Entries
    Why, He has never left you, dear heart

Blog Entries
    Like the Father of the prodigal son, He is standing there looking down the road waiting to see you making a step toward Him. When you do, just like the story, He will come running and embrace you in His ever loving and everlasting arms and welcome you back. You have always been His son even though you may have left for a while.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Depends. Are you willing to die to yourself, again?

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Surrender to Him again. He's not left you, seems you just need to allow Him to be in control again.

What do you do in service to God?
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.” (Matt 5:6) (KJV)

I don't know if it's a test of faith, or a time to prove your desire for the Lord. I think at some point in all of our lives, we have to come to a point to where we realize that we need the Lord and without him, we are nothing. I think everyone goes through times where they don't feel the Lord as much as they had before. This is especially true if you have walked away from the Lord, because there is guilt that Satan can use to try to convince you that the Lord won't accept them back. Satan is a liar. If you have asked the Lord to be your savior and you have repented from your sins, then you are forgiven. Continue in prayer, asking the Lord if there is anything separating you from him to reveal it to you, tell him you want that closer walk, that you want to feel his spirit once again. Tell the Lord what you want and praise him. Continue to read the word and find strength in it. Worship the Lord. Some of my best times with the Lord are in front of the kitchen sink doing dishes, singing and worshipping with my southern gospel music (any Christian music that helps you focus on the Lord will do) playing in the CD player. I start out listening to the songs, then I start singing and praying and praising the Lord. Listening to Christian music helps me to keep my mind focused on the Lord rather than the cares of the world. Have faith that it will happen, and one day you'll be rejoicing, sure of the Lord's presence you are feeling.

I was looking for articles on this very scripture, and I found an article that I feel was well written. There is scripture after scripture on this very matter. David is mentioned. David wrote Psalms 63, 1-7 as he was looking for the Lord's presence. Like David, we need to remember times we have experienced the Lord's presence and desire that presence to be there once again. The subheadings in the article are "Hunger, Thirst, and Fulfillment A Kingdom Promise", "What is this Righteousness for Which we are to Hunger and Thirst?", and "The Hungry and Thirsty Filled". With all my efforts, I'm not sure that I could express this as well as this author did, so here's the link http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/n/jntskip/...%20Thirsty.htm

Like the others, I'm not sure exactly what your situation is, but I'm sure that God's word will encourage. I think this article covers a broad range of situations too. Personally, it fits the situation I went through. I believed the scriptures and was filled.

Keturah Guest
    As I watch there has been some very good council given here.

Gods word is always true, his love is eternal, he has never left you, so now it is time to apply the word, and begin your walk.
    It is now up to you.
    Talk is cheap, what we put into action shows the true heart.

Right now is the time to turn around, and walk with him.....

Thread Information