cure-real

Thread: Why did/does God send angels?

Why did/does God send angels?

I was thinking about this last night. Why does God send angels -- I can understand angels as messengers in the Bible -- but today why would God send an angel to do something that He could easily do. For example, I've heard people pray for God to send His angels to protect them as they travel. God doesn't NEED angels to do this; He could do it Himself. Hope this question makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. Why does God send angels -- I can understand angels as messengers in the Bible -- but today why would God send an angel to do something that He could easily do. For example, I've heard people pray for God to send His angels to protect them as they travel. God doesn't NEED angels to do this; He could do it Himself. Hope this question makes sense.
    Well ... for that matter, God doesn't need anything that He created. He doesn't need preachers, song writers, authors, or families. He doesn't need the universe, the stars, nor the mountians. But He did create them and He does use them.

Two things.

(1) Revelation 4:11 - "You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for You have created everything, and for Your pleasure everything is and was created."

It pleased God to make everything that He did, just the way that He did, and for the purposes that He did - including angels.

Why does He send them? Because it pleases Him - not because He needs them to do something that He can already do Himself.

(2) Hebrews 1:14 - "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

Why does He send them? This is their purpose.

".....it's your nickel"

Great insight Jayne. I don't think I need to add anything else.

Keturah Guest
    God loves us, and knows what will bring comfort and joy in our lives.

I have had several encounters with angels, and it is comforting to know that God is so aware of my life, and what is happening that he will send angels ahead of time, to intervene.

One experience was a time when a man planed to kill me. I had no idea of his intention, but God did, and sent two people, or angels to be there just at the right time to change the plan.
    I believe angels, for they showed up in just a moment of time, from no where.

He know the thoughts, and intent of every heart, and when he is for you, who then can be against you.?

God is good, and cares for his own.

Thread Information