cure-real

Thread: Deadliest Catch Fans Here?

Deadliest Catch Fans Here?

Great show. Anyone else agree?

Oh yeah...I get a kick out of it!

We've got a guy in our congregation who was working Alaskan crab boats when all the fishing was "derby style"...knows some of the guys...and he enjoys watching it!
    Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
    Oh yeah...I get a kick out of it!

We've got a guy in our congregation who was working Alaskan crab boats when all the fishing was "derby style"...knows some of the guys...and he enjoys watching it!
    Interesting. I remember when they switched to the "quota" system and I guess that eliminated a lot of the boat operations up there. Is he working boats down there now?

I wouldn't do that job, looks way too dangerous and I give the guys a lot of credit who do this for a living.

Hey...hope I don't derail the thread but did you see the other fishing show where they catch the huge fish with the huge teeth? I only saw the previews and the fish have big teeth like a saber tooth tiger or something like that...
    Philipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, "fear not I will help you."

Psalm 150:5
    Praise Him with loud cymbals!
    Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Blog Entries
    I liked the first season. I feel like I'm suffering with those guys (without the pay) if I watch it now.

Peace

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

it would be really neat to be able to say, yeah i've done that

Yeah, it's a cool show. They definitely earn their money! My wife and I recently went on a trip to Seattle and took a tour on Lake Union, where a lot of those guys dock their boats in the off-season.

Could I do it? Only if my family's needs were on the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Great show. Anyone else agree?
    I watch and enjoy the show to a degree, but there are things about it that bother me. I really do not care to hear all the bleeped out cussing. You know exactly what they are saying and it is still exposing you to foul language. The whole crab fleet is not a bunch of heathens, but they seem to have gravitated to the ones that are foul mouthed. There were a couple of boat captains in season one or two that were Christians and talked about Christ. They "conveniently" dissappeared from the lineup in the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    it would be really neat to be able to say, yeah i've done that
    A guy that used to work for me fished the crab boats for a few years when it was derby style. He said that the work is not all that bad and that the show drastically overdramatizes the entire situation. He also said that the money is not nearly as good as the show makes it out to be. He said that they do gross that kind of money but that there are hidden expenses that use a good share of your money up.
    Last edited by Reynolds357; Jul 14th 2009 at 02:10 AM.

I think that's the way most extremely high paying hourly jobs are. There is usually a reason for the high pay and afterward the job is over the guys ask, "where did the money i made go"?

Thread Information