cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wrote the book of Enoch?

Who wrote the book of Enoch?

I had read the other day on the internet that the book of Enoch was written in 200 B.C. I don't know if that date is true or not (if someone knows let me know). Anyways, Enoch lived long before then so if that date is right, Enoch could not have written it. If Enoch didn't write the book, who did. Also why would they call it "the book of Enoch if Enoch didn't write it?

Blog Entries
    Its called pseudopigraphical, meaning that it is written under and assumed name. This happened a lot at this time in history. It also happened with the works about Jesus and the Apostles too.

Just because there is a name on something does not mean that it was written by that person.

The date for the books of Enoch, it is more a collection of smaller works all put together under one large book title. range from about 200 BC to I think 100 AD it has been a while since I looked at the dates for it.

It is mainly a work of fiction with some history thrown in. It also has some information that was important for the Essences.

It is named after Enoch because some no body wrote the book, but wanted people to read it and believe it was older than it appeared so they said Enoch wrote it, to try and make it more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Its called pseudopigraphical, meaning that it is written under and assumed name. This happened a lot at this time in history. It also happened with the works about Jesus and the Apostles too.

Just because there is a name on something does not mean that it was written by that person.

The date for the books of Enoch, it is more a collection of smaller works all put together under one large book title. range from about 200 BC to I think 100 AD it has been a while since I looked at the dates for it.

It is mainly a work of fiction with some history thrown in. It also has some information that was important for the Essences.

It is named after Enoch because some no body wrote the book, but wanted people to read it and believe it was older than it appeared so they said Enoch wrote it, to try and make it more believable.
    I think the Book Of Enoch has more truth in than we think, but that is just my opinion, the canon chose not to utilize The Book fear it might create division and he would be seen or viewed as the Messiah.

Especially because Jude quotes it...

Quote Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
    Especially because Jude quotes it...
    It goes deeper that that,

Quotes from Jesus and Enoch.

(JC), Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5)
    (E)The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})
    (JC)The Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22).
    (E)The principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})
    (JC)Shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29)
    (E)Those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9}) "
    (JC)Woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24)
    (E)Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).
    (JC)Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28)
    (E)I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})
    (JC)Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24)
    (E)Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})
    (JC)Between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26)
    (E)by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})
    (JC)In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2)
    (E)In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})
    (JC)That ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36)
    (E)The good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})
    (JC)The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14)
    (E)All the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})

I don't understand your post.

I don't understand your post.

Sorry,

The similarities is what I was getting at.

Ah. Yeah, I noticed those. Perhaps I should read that book, haha.

Ah. Yeah, I noticed those. Perhaps I should read that book, haha.
    There's an Idea

Blog Entries
    Some of the teachings are the same but the issue is mainly the idea of the adventures of Enoch, which are not dealth with in the Torah. Also the building of a long story off a single verse about sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis. It also goes against the Temple cult/the established Jewish beliefs of the day. Jesus did this also but he also kept the Law and took part in the worship that took part in the Temple and the sacrifices that happened there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    There's an Idea
    ... There is an age old truth that I learned, as young man, in the Army. Propaganda is an easy sell. It will be believed with as little as about 10% truth in it, just enough that the hearer or reader can relate to. As for these books that did not make the Canon, there is a god reason that the learned me of that day rejected them. Malachi 3:6 - "For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." Unlike man, God never changes. So I ask, knowing that these books, Enoch, Thomas and others contain lies, what is the profit in studyig them?

The gospel of Thomas and the book of Enoch, in my opinion, are two completely separate cases. Thomas is filled with heresy, while the book of Enoch is actually quoted in the NT. Sure, it wasn't put into Scripture, but I'm sure there is profit to be gained by reading it.

Blog Entries
    The gospel of Thomas and the book of Enoch, in my opinion, are two completely separate cases. Thomas is filled with heresy, while the book of Enoch is actually quoted in the NT. Sure, it wasn't put into Scripture, but I'm sure there is profit to be gained by reading it.
    ... Not trying to be cute but the truth is that as men we all have opinions but some, as have I, have chosen t follow God with all that we can and those books, not in the Bible, might have historical merit but they are not part of God's Word.

I completely agree. However, I would imagine there are items to be gained by reading, say, Enoch's book. Jude quoted it. It has to be worth something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    I had read the other day on the internet that the book of Enoch was written in 200 B.C. I don't know if that date is true or not (if someone knows let me know). Anyways, Enoch lived long before then so if that date is right, Enoch could not have written it. If Enoch didn't write the book, who did. Also why would they call it "the book of Enoch if Enoch didn't write it?
    No one really knows who wrote it. And it's not considered scripture in the Jewish, catholic, or protestant bibles.

Thread Information