cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales you once thought be true,but no longer believe.

Tales you once thought be true,but no longer believe.

Lots of tales out there.It seems like there are more of them every time you turn around. Here's a couple of them:

Bigfoot..(not the truck!)..It seemed the scientists really pushed this creature into our exceistence.For years I always thought that if they really excisted that they would've been hunted into oblivion or at least some hunter would have had it's head mounted and put on the wall.

Giant Catfish in resivours...You hear this one all the time."Thar's catfish down thar big enuff to swaller a man". While I've seen big catfish,up to 100 lbs,they are nowhere near the size it would take to swallow a man.I believe that it would have to be at least 6,000 lbs to swallow even a small man. It would have to be a whole lot bigger to swallow me.

Which ones have you heard,that you can't believe?

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    Which ones have you heard,that you can't believe?
    " Everything is going to be all right "

I used to believe all Christians are forgiving the way scripture say's to forgive, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    I used to believe all Christians are forgiving the way scripture say's to forgive, I was wrong.
    Consider the possibility that you were right.

Mat 7:14.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolvr View Post
    Consider the possibility that you were right.

Mat 7:14.
    Thank GOD for small Revelations.
    Thanks Revolvr.

"Giant Catfish in resivours...You hear this one all the time."Thar's catfish down thar big enuff to swaller a man". While I've seen big catfish,up to 100 lbs,they are nowhere near the size it would take to swallow a man.I believe that it would have to be at least 6,000 lbs to swallow even a small man. It would have to be a whole lot bigger to swallow me."

i've got a fish story. i've never seen the proverbial "catfish big enuff to swaller a volkswagon alive" etc but once i did get a chance to find out for real and true about how big fish are in the Ohio river. in early june of 1988 i was at the dam at Louisville Kentucky when they changed the water level below the dam overnight and fish were trapped in small pools everywhere. i saw people carrying drums (locally we call them "white perch") out of there on poles. two guys would get a pole and put the fish on it and then one guy on one end of the pole and one on the other would carry the fish away and the tail would be dragging on the ground!

i saw several big cats but none big as the drums. the heartbreaking thing was the huge walleye heads i found (people were cleaning some of the fish right there on the bank). i believe some of those walleyes would have been world records!

but i didn't see any fish that day big enough to swallow a man. big enough to feed a family for 2 or three days or more, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    " Everything is going to be all right "
    Ever the optimist aren't we?
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

I wish I could catch a mess of walleyes.I don't believe we have them here.

Inez Ky Pop. 600 as they said on HEE HAW Salute
    When a company tells you we are in good shape,best quarter ever and everything is on target to meet our projections. It is time to save your money 'cause the layoffs are coming soon
    I was alive without the Law ,the Commandment came sin revived and I died

I used to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy

For a while i believed you could not still hunt whitetails on the ground with a bow, got to prove that one wrong (3 times so far)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    I used to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy

For a while i believed you could not still hunt whitetails on the ground with a bow, got to prove that one wrong (3 times so far)
    Make SURE if kneeling to get your knee out of the way before taking the shot... That hurts!
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

yep

I have learned to stand with a tree breaking my silhouette. Then move to the next tree in the planned route. I did get caught on one of those and had to wait what seemed like hours (i know it was just minutes) for him to move where his view was blocked to get the shot.

Blog Entries
    I was on the ground about 20 yards away from a deer out in the open. I was sitting and when I released the string, I didn't realize my knee was in the direct path of it. I thought it cut my leg off at the knee it hurt so bad. I screamed like a girl scout that had just sold her last box of cookies.

Somehow, I still managed to hit the deer. It was, of course, by complete accident.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

OUCH... i almost felt that myself.

It is amazing how much force that string is pushing. I haven't been hit directly like that ...yet. Every time for me has been just painful scrapes as it quickly passes

I used to believe that people were honest. Working as a police officer has taught me that everyone is lying until proven otherwise.

Thread Information