cure-real

Thread: Wake Up America !

Exclamation Wake Up America !

The World System is using technology to steal our children and grandchildren.
    As I observe kids all around me I notice a very disturbing trend. Kids everywhere are living every waking moment in virtual reality instead of real reality.
    They are on I-Phones,laptops,Wii,Guitar Hero,PlayStation 3,X-Box and the list goes on and on.Instead of kids going outside and playing real baseball they are playing virtual baseball on Wii.Instead of going down the street to visit their friends they are Texting each other.
    The school systems have replaced the teachers with computers.
    Do you realize how easy it is to indoctrinate children through this media, especially the unsupervised use and every waking moment using these devices?
    Just an observation and opinion.

I was fussing about the same thing about 2 hours ago.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    Yeah, I say it too. Children are growing up without the skills they need to take care of themselves. We are already seeing 20 and 30 year old children still being taken care of by mom; do we really think that trend will change?
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

I don't know if it's games or the type of kids anymore.I see a lot of things with todays youth that makes me want to scream.A lot of young adults not wanting to work for a living,but rather draw a goverentment check because of ADHD or obesity or some other mental factor.I'm on disabilty after I can no longer do the work I had done for so long. But I've also worked for 35 years too. A lot of them can't draw a check because you have to work so many credits.I think it's like 2 1/2 or 3 years. And the thing is that there are a lot of 30 year olds who haven't worked that long in their lives. That's sad.These people have to relize sooner or later nobody wants to take care of them for the rest of their lives.It's time to wake up and do something about it. Ok,rant over. Sorry. It bothers even more when it's close to home.

Blog Entries
    The buck stops with the parents IMHO. I have 2 children and sure they play some video games, my son even attends a high school where each student is issued their own laptop, but it is up to the parents to limit the use of these devices. I put more blame on the parents being lazy and disconnected. Even though I don't live with my children and their mother, she and I have addressed the issue with a set of rules that they must follow whether they are at home, or visiting(rules don't change) that limit the amount of time they can spend playing video games and how many minutes/texts they are allowed each month. It can be a problem, but with a little effort and a strict adherence to rules it is not difficult to keep it under control.

It's easy to blame a 'world system', but in the words of King Solomon, "There is nothing new under the sun". There have always been and will always be things that parents must control with discipline. Kids like rules, and they need rules, it's up to the parents to do some actual parenting, set some rules, and follow through with them. Actually, if you do it correctly you can use the technology to your advantage by teaching your kids that it is a privilege that they can, and will lose if they don't live up to their end of the bargain...it's been very effective so far.

Parents must take responsibility for their children. If they are paying attention and stay involved, the world system just can't compete with Mom and Dad. It has just as much influence on children their as parents let it have...no more, no less.
    As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Parents cannot put the blame on society

Quote Originally Posted by Gulah Papyrus View Post
    The buck stops with the parents IMHO.

Parents must take responsibility for their children. If they are paying attention and stay involved, the world system just can't compete with Mom and Dad. It has just as much influence on children their as parents let it have...no more, no less.
    I agree with ya Brother!

My kids were pulled from Public school and was taught though a Christian computerized program that we monitored for the last 10 years. The automated professors (Alpha & Omega-Switched on Schoolhouse) were very well done and the kids finished ahead of the public school and had one more class every day than what most have (BIBLE CLASS). They also had chores (tending animals and fences on top of normal housework). They seemed to still find time to play video games and both bought their own ipods when they started working before graduating from school.

Now my son who will turn 19 in Nov is already licensed to preach and preaches at a mission church every Sunday. My daughter is his pianist

I've got a 16 year old nephew that's a pretty strange kid......by today's standard. Yes,he has a computer at hand,tv with lots of channels,and games.But he hardly in inside when it's nice weather.Instead he messes around,tinkering on go carts or mowing the yard or something in that nature.

My wife's neice and her boyfriend also live at home. I have never seen two people that don't want to better themselves than these two.I don't understand it.All the rest of family works,even one nephew who has celebral palsey.The 16 year don't work a job,but he does stuff around the yard and helps his grandpa cut wood,work on the cars,etc.It's my father in law teaching these guys how to be men.There's just something wrong with a able bodied person who don't want to work. I thought for a long time that we should commit ourselves to 2 Thessalonians 3:10,b...."Whoever does not work shall not eat". There would be a lot of starving people around if that rule was applied today.

Computers, iPhones, etc. are hardly "media"--they're devices for viewing media. As such it's sort of hard to "indoctrinate" kids through them (since you have to actually seek out the content you wish to view). Video games are media, I suppose, but I'm not sure who's supposed to be indoctrinating kids or what precisely is being indoctrinated.

Anyway, complaining that kids don't exercise enough is valid, I suppose, although rather a tired complaint by now.
    "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Soon as your teenager wakes in the morning, take away all the electronics, haul the teenager deep into the woods, give him a flint and steel, a compass, a pocket knife, a map... tell him you expect him home at dinner time... drive off. If it's winter, add a jacket and some other snivel gear as needed.

I'm serious!

From the age of 5-14 I don't think I came out of the woods... unless I was hungry for some cooked food.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke34 View Post
    Computers, iPhones, etc. are hardly "media"--they're devices for viewing media. As such it's sort of hard to "indoctrinate" kids through them (since you have to actually seek out the content you wish to view). Video games are media, I suppose, but I'm not sure who's supposed to be indoctrinating kids or what precisely is being indoctrinated.

Anyway, complaining that kids don't exercise enough is valid, I suppose, although rather a tired complaint by now.
    Violent video games contribute to a disconnected sense of reality, and desensitize malleable minds to violence. While I don't think people are being "Indoctrinated" per say, there are a great deal of negative side effects to these games and movies. And I say this as an avid gamer, but I would not let my children play them.

There is a very good book written on the subject called: On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill by Lt. Col (Ret) Dave Grossman. The book really covers a lot more than just this issue, and it's a good resource for this subject.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Soon as your teenager wakes in the morning, take away all the electronics, haul the teenager deep into the woods, give him a flint and steel, a compass, a pocket knife, a map... tell him you expect him home at dinner time... drive off. If it's winter, add a jacket and some other snivel gear as needed.

I'm serious!

From the age of 5-14 I don't think I came out of the woods... unless I was hungry for some cooked food.
    That's about the way I was.Except I lived in the city.We was always playing baseball,football,basketball.In the winter we made snowforts and had a lot of snowball fights! My nephew takes his gun out where he lives and goes hunting for small game.Sometimes he brings it home.My father in law has a strict rule he taught him.Never shoot any animal you don't attend to eat.

I was going to say before I read all the post,I hoped the poor kid watched the Survivor Man instead of MTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I hear ya, mom would blow the horn three times on the truck to let us know supper was almost ready to give us time to get out of the woods

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but some of us grew up in a time when computers were as big as a house and before men walked on the moon too. All we had were bow and arrows and BB guns. Some of us had to invent real outdoor games we could play to entertain ourselves.
    Hell....the nightmare you can't wake up from.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Thread Information