cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should a record holders that used steroids have the records taken away?

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    You can't take the records away from known steroid users when there are possible records broken from guys who also may have been using that never been caught.

I think much of this talk of removing records and such stems from "fake outrage." For years baseball players have always been trying to get signs from the catcher. Teams have people who get insider information on other team's tendencies and signs as well. Before steroids, there were decades where many players used speed and other medications to enhance their game. Cheating has existed since the beginning. But since the media blew the steroid thing way out of proportion, suddenly everyone is talking about integrity of the game blah blah blah.

Look, the problem became known. There is now a drug policy in place. Move on.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me there is no "Fake Outrage"; there isn't even "Outrage". I just have a clear distinction between right and wrong, and expect people to follow the rules they agree to live by -especially when they make millions of $ a year running a ball back and forth.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me there is no "Fake Outrage"; there isn't even "Outrage". I just have a clear distinction between right and wrong, and expect people to follow the rules they agree to live by -especially when they make millions of $ a year running a ball back and forth.
    I understand you and get that 100%. My main point is that cheating in some form or another exists in all sports and has been that way for many of years. Knowing this, how can one justify taking records away from someone who has been caught cheating when there is a strong likelihood that many other records are tainted without our knowing? And now that the problem has been made aware of and remedied the best way possible, why is it still an issue with some people now?
    Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right. - Bob Marley

I understand you and get that 100%. My main point is that cheating in some form or another exists in all sports and has been that way for many of years. Knowing this, how can one justify taking records away from someone who has been caught cheating when there is a strong likelihood that many other records are tainted without our knowing? And now that the problem has been made aware of and remedied the best way possible, why is it still an issue with some people now?
    I get what you're saying and agree that it's probably an issue. I don't know what their new policy is, but if I were in charge, I would go for a total Zero Tolerance policy and test everyone.

I agree with CN.Baseball is suppose to be a physical game with the hitters and a mental game with the pitchers. The pitchers have certain pitches they can used instead of just a fastball. A breaking ball is suppose to make the batter thinks he's getting a fastball.When properly pitched,it is effective. A knuckleball is somewhat of a novelity pitch.Curves,sliders,screwballs,etc.All these pitches can be used to mess with the batters head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    I agree with CN.Baseball is suppose to be a physical game with the hitters and a mental game with the pitchers. The pitchers have certain pitches they can used instead of just a fastball. A breaking ball is suppose to make the batter thinks he's getting a fastball.When properly pitched,it is effective. A knuckleball is somewhat of a novelity pitch.Curves,sliders,screwballs,etc.All these pitches can be used to mess with the batters head.
    Nothing better than a wicked curve ball for a strikeout swinging.
    Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right. - Bob Marley

Somebody dig up judge Landis. We need him again. Me, I'd put every violator on trial and hand out some lifetime bans like he did with the black sox. This problem is different than the run of the mill cheating, it's trickled down to HS kids now, girls included. I'd wipe the HR records off the books too. Everyone knows they're bogus anyway.

We justify taking records away by the fact that (1) they broke the rules and (2) they were caught. A punishment should not be withdrawn simply because other people might be doing it too.

It seems strange that these players get millions of dollars. You would think that they would want the best training available.But instead they use illegal performance drugs to get results. Maybe they should go back to the dead ball era,where a home run was as rare as a relief pitcher.If the balls hit the wall,he was out.It had to be placed just right or they didn't get on base.

Another question.If two or more players test positive for steroids,should the team be punished? On the new tonight two players who played on the world series are being questioned for steroid use.Wether or not they were actually doing it or not is the big question.

Blog Entries
    ... The entire question comes down to who do we worship? If we worship God, then it follows that we are the champions of truth. When caught with the money, we do not allow the bank robber to keep the money. When a drug bust takes place we do not give the purchaser of the product his dope to use, do we? When the dealer and the user go to prison we make no effort to save their earnings until they have served their time. It is often the case that their property is sold and the profit used to fund other operations of the same kind. People, like Bonds, broke the law and they broke the rules and their records are trash.
    ... As for the team and management being held responsible, we must go back to the Word of God. In the Word we find that we eed two or three witness' to convict. If it can be proven that the team or that management knew and that they were in agreement, then they should be held responsible for teir crimes also. The answer is always found in the Word of God.

I really am going to dig up judge Landis. I'm loading my shovel and some lawn bags in the trunk now and leaving soon, then I'll fed-ex his bones to Bud Selig so he can see in graphic detail that at one time there was somebody in his place once that had a spine. Or is it the players union, or both who're responsible for this circus?

If the team is aware of drug use, then the team is collectively responsible for not doing the right thing, that is: Either disciplining their team members, or reporting their activities.

100% testing and zero tolerance will solve this issue in no time.

I personally don't think that his record should stand, but it probably will stand and most likely make the HOF, but probably not for a while. He may not even get in until he dies, but ya never know....
    Anyway, he's now payin' the price-nobody wants him, right?
    .......................John 3:16.........................

My testimony:http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112657I hope that it inspires one and all

Thread Information