cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trading...

Blog Entries
    Still working on that time machine to invest in the .com boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    Still working on that time machine to invest in the .com boom.
    There'll be other bubbles. Ethanol is becoming one. However, now that so much money was lost on the latest bubble, I don't look for bubbles to be as frequent or as profitable as they once were.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    There'll be other bubbles. Ethanol is becoming one. However, now that so much money was lost on the latest bubble, I don't look for bubbles to be as frequent or as profitable as they once were.
    One day the water industry...

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I am learning to trade the FX market. My cousin and ex-business partner are making a full time living at it. Sometimes I can see it and understand what's going on and at other times, I have no clue. Maybe one day I'll get it.

Interesting. How long have your cousin and ex-business partner been trading for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by saskgui View Post
    Interesting. How long have your cousin and ex-business partner been trading for a living?
    My cousin has been trading full time for around 4 years or so. He's been very profitable the last 2 years. My friend/business partner started playing with the FX market about 2 years ago. But he became very profitable this year and sold his business. He's been full time for a few months but was making more trading than he was at his job starting back in January.

Me... I looked at it a little when my cousin first got involved and decided it wasn't for me. I didn't believe in the indicators. I knew the math behind them and knew they were backward looking so I took off. Then my cousin hooked up with another guy that teaches the stuff. He called me back and I started looking into it about 2 years ago. I got serious last November. Looked at it for a couple of months. Took a few months off for life. Then got real serious in June. Right now, I do well to break even. I lost in July but made money in June. Hopefully, August will be better. I hope in another 6 to 9 months I will be doing very well. We'll see.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Indicators eh? What i find interesting is that there are an infinite different ways to trade and you just have to find something that works for you.

Personally i trade two "systems". One is just a weekly straddle and the other is based on price action patterns with support and resistance.

The last year or two have been fun times from a trading perspective... lots of unheard of volatility.

Oh yea. Lot's of volatility. It's slowing down now but I suspect when the EU banks have their chickens come home to roost, it could get ugly again. There's still some speculation out there that their banks are over leveraged.

I like price action and patterns. I do a few breakout strategies too (i.e. straddles). Support and resistance rock.
    NASU

Each week, my wife trades about a dozen of our hen's eggs to the neighbor for some squash or whatever's good in her garden. It's a bit high risk though, as for several weeks this past summer it got so hot that the hens stopped laying - she still gave us the squash, because she planted too much. Is that like buying on margin? Very stressful. I almost can't wait for winter when the market stabilizes.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Each week, my wife trades about a dozen of our hen's eggs to the neighbor for some squash or whatever's good in her garden. It's a bit high risk though, as for several weeks this past summer it got so hot that the hens stopped laying - she still gave us the squash, because she planted too much. Is that like buying on margin? Very stressful. I almost can't wait for winter when the market stabilizes.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

My neighbour's horses stays on my land if his grass get's too short. For that I get a litre or two of milk whenever either of us remember the original trade agreement. Apparently I'm not a good trader.

eeeewwww

The way I trade would put yawl to sleep.
    I trade true no-load funds and ETFs.

I pay attention to different sources...but maily looking back over performance...not too much of that "looking ahead" and indicators.

I might make a trade every three to six months. That stuff yawl are doing is high high risk. So I stay out of that area.

Besides...the psychology of the thing is what usually counts for the most anyway. Most on Wall Street and AMEX are bipolar...they either love or hate...no inbetween. And how do you outhink a crazy person anyway?

Trader here

Hey man,

My name's Mike and ima trader. I've been trading stocks for 3 years for hours at a time a day. Let me tell you, it's not nearly as sexy as its portrayed to be.
    If your looking for part time income let me say this, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PART TIME DAYTRADER, if there are, they're not very good.

There are too many data points to analyze and if you wanna sleep at night you have to be in and out. As far as FOREX goes I'm personally against it because of the nature of currencies. I find them difficult to judge, much more so than stocks of American companies.
    Last edited by tango; Aug 21st 2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: removed link - second time user has posted this one

Thread Information