I want to offer God praise for sparing my life yesterday. For the last few days, I haven't been feeling well, just the typical sore throat, congestion and mild fever. To make matters worse, my parents are dealing with an infestation of bees at their house and lots of chemicals are being sprayed in the air in order to combat the hive they are trying to remove. So, I've been spending the past few days at my grandpa's house since they are out of town. It gives me some privacy and quiet so I can get lots of rest.
Well, yesterday afternoon in my groggy state, I decided to make some soup. I turned on a burner and realized they have a gas stove over here, not electric. I felt too tired to mess with it at that moment and turned it off - so I thought. About a half hour later, I went back and cooked using another burner, which I remembered to turn off. The house smelled a little like gas but I figured I'd just used the stove so I paid no attention. I ended up taking a nap and watching a movie. A few hours later I was suddenly compelled to sit up and take notice. I went over to the stove thinking maybe I'd spilled some food since there was a bad smell that seemed to be getting stronger. I re-lit the original burner and it made a big burst of fire. That's when I realized I'd left the original burner set to "light". The burner had never lit, but had been releasing a small amount of gas for about six hours. I called my dad and a relative who is on the local fire department and they investigated. Everything was fine, but I know God was with me, since if I had fallen asleep last night without checking out the stove, there could have been a serious problem. I just really want to acknowledge God's intervention and praise Him for turning a potential catastrophe into a more minor incident.