cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it sinful to

As long as your are desiring her and her alone I don't see anything that is wrong with that. Also like someone else has already said, just make sure that you don't put her before God.
    Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
    http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Quote Originally Posted by JerAyala View Post
    How Solomon managed, I haven't the foggiest.
    The book of Proverbs speaks a lot on nagging women......and who should know more of this subject than Solomon?

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    The book of Proverbs speaks a lot on nagging women......and who should know more of this subject than Solomon?
    !!!!! HAHAAHAH! Awesome

But yeah. This fails to be lust. Infact it gladdens me to see a man thinking fondly about his wife thoroughly enjoying the gift of marriage that God has given him and being content with what he has.

This in essence is a way of keeping the seventh and tenth commandment
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Well as I said, I'm incline to agree with you. Just wanted some opinion is all. My worry is regarding the sin of lust and what that actually entails. I recently read one of those arguments saying that it is the act of lust not masturbation, which is sinful about the act of masturbation. Now believe me I'm not trying to start another thread about masturbation, but It started me wondering about what is actually to be considered lustful i.e. thinking about being intimate with your wife. I started to debate myself if masturbation would still be considered sinful if it was your wife about whom you fantasized during the act and felt convicted that it would still be. So I started to wonder then, if the act of lust and the act of masturbation were indeed separable then is fantasizing about your wife alone also convictable?

Probably just thinking too much. Thanks

It may not be wise to think things about your wife that would lead/cause you to want to masturbate. I've seen some dictionaries define this under the same sin as sodomy. Not sure what to make of it, what say ye?

Here's something I found form sodomylaws.org:

"The proscription of sodomy in the English tradition began in 1533 when King Henry VIII adopted contemporary church doctrine into a system of laws at the time of the English withdrawal from the Catholic Church. Sodomy became both a sin and a crime, since ecclesiastical law recognizes no distinction between the concepts of "sin" and "crime." Sodomy included any form of non-procreative acts including masturbation, oral and anal sex.
    The original thirteen American colonies derived their laws from the English common law and continued the legal tradition in which sodomy carried the penalty of death.
    The 1683 Pennsylvania law called sodomy an "unnatural sin" and the East New Jersey law listed it among the "Offenses against God."

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie78 View Post

"The proscription of sodomy in the English tradition began in 1533 when King Henry VIII adopted contemporary church doctrine into a system of laws at the time of the English withdrawal from the Catholic Church. Sodomy became both a sin and a crime, since ecclesiastical law recognizes no distinction between the concepts of "sin" and "crime." Sodomy included any form of non-procreative acts including masturbation, oral and anal sex.
    The original thirteen American colonies derived their laws from the English common law and continued the legal tradition in which sodomy carried the penalty of death.
    The 1683 Pennsylvania law called sodomy an "unnatural sin" and the East New Jersey law listed it among the "Offenses against God."
    SHHH don't tell the liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie78 View Post
    It may not be wise to think things about your wife that would lead/cause you to want to masturbate. I've seen some dictionaries define this under the same sin as sodomy. Not sure what to make of it, what say ye?

Here's something I found form sodomylaws.org:

How exactly are masturbation and sodomy the same thing?
    And since when do the laws of man speak for God?
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Blog Entries
    I think that's more a redefinition of sodomy than what we've come to consider sodomy today. Though I think whoever came up with that didn't read a certain Song of Solomon... At least one of those acts is in there.

Blog Entries
    Nectar...
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

There have been times that I too have been away from home too long...

And I miss my wife..her smile, her face...her hand in mine...sleeping next to her in the bed and the warmth from her body...

But not only her did I miss...I also missed my son.
    His little arms around my neck squeezing his daddy for all he was worth because he loves me.

doesn't mean that I am lusting after my son...just means that I am missing them...

and when you get some time...try to find another job...I know it is tough out there. (boy howdy do I know) but they most likely miss you too.

They may need the money to live...but they need you and your leadership and guidance too.

Blog Entries
    I lust after my wife daily, and I am home every day. If lusting after your wife is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

OK, sorry. I know that was cheesey, but I just couldn't resist.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDB View Post
    They may need the money to live...but they need you and your leadership and guidance too.
    Succinctly describes the greatest conflict in my life of late. You're so right, this economy doesn't help make it easy to be a good Christian man, husband and father does it? I've always knew that as a Christian man my job was to protect, provide and preserve my family - I just never expected that I would have to do a juggling act between the three. Seems like anymore to do one well, you have to neglect the others a little bit for a while. Check it out - my wife gave birth to our son this past Sunday and not only was I not there but I'm still trying to make my way back across the country to get to them. I feel so guilty not being there, but if I didn't go away, we literally would have lost the farm. I hate these choices!

I'm right there with you - as soon as I can find a gig that gets me home for supper each night, I'm on it! and I'm never going to take those things; holding hands, walking, sleeping together, and ah hem - well other things ; ) for granted again!

God Bless.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Thread Information