cure-real
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on Luke, then Acts

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfMilk View Post
    Luke 2 was a tad confusing for me. So i am going to move on to Luke 3 for now and maybe move back to Luke 2 when i am done a few more chapters.
    Luke 3-
    What was John's main focus that he preached? John's main focus was preaching reptendence of sins and baptisim.
    Why didn't Herod like John? Herod didn't like John because John spoke alot of trurth and some of his trurth angerd Herod becuase Herod thought his rules would be abolished when Jesus came.
    John was to the point in all that he taught and preached it seems. Herod was not happy with John (you can see it in verse 19) because John was telling him that it was wrong for Herod to be with his brother's wife. Later you will read of Herod having John beheaded because of his brother's wife's plan
    How old was Jesus when he started His ministry? Jesus was 30 years old
    Correct!
    A few questions
    Ive read a bit of Matthew but this chapter is very simular to one of the chapters i read. Why is that? and there are more details in this chapter then in the chapter in matthew it seems.
    Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are called the Gospel's. Each book is a different view point of Jesus life, death, and resurrection for us. It is great to see His life from the different views because we get a better picture of what is happening. I always think of it as four different people seeing the same event will tell four different stories that will be very similar but each will notice things that another did not.
    Why does it tell us all the son's? and why is there so many son's? what is the suffifence of all of this?
    For a Jew it was very important to know your lineage. Even though Jesus was only Joseph's adopted son, we get Joseph's lineage all the way back to Adam (the first man created by God). Actually the genealogy goes all the way back to the "son of God". It is written that Jesus is the "second Adam".
    There are so many because these are the generations of mankind

Luke 4
    How does Jesus dismiss the devil's temptation? By qouting scripture and showing that the devil is evil.
    What was Jesus custom for each Sabbath? Each Sabbath he went out healing people and preaching the gospel.
    What did Simon's wife do after she was healed? She got up at once and began to wait on them.

one question. In the bible it says mother-in-law not wife. Did the mother-in-law got healed or the wife?

Luke 4
    How does Jesus dismiss the devil's temptation? By qouting scripture and showing that the devil is evil.
    What was Jesus custom for each Sabbath? Each Sabbath he went out healing people and preaching the gospel.
    What did Simon's wife do after she was healed? She got up at once and began to wait on them.

one question. In the bible it says mother-in-law not wife. Did the mother-in-law got healed or the wife?
    You got me there! It was in fact his mother-in-law

My error

Good job on the answers! Keep going, your doing great

Luke 5
    What did Peter want Jesus to do when he saw Jesus was Lord? He wanted Jesus to leave becuase Peter said he was a sinful man Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men."
    What did the fisherman do when they got to shore?Who did Jesus come for? Jesus came for all of them to be his disciples
    BONUS-
    Is there another time that Jesus told them where to cast their nets? If so, where is it? Not sure about this one.

Luke 5
    What did Peter want Jesus to do when he saw Jesus was Lord? He wanted Jesus to leave becuase Peter said he was a sinful man Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men."
    What did the fisherman do when they got to shore?Who did Jesus come for? Jesus came for all of them to be his disciples
    BONUS-
    Is there another time that Jesus told them where to cast their nets? If so, where is it? Not sure about this one.
    Great Job!

Jesus did do it again Read John chapter 21. You will find that after Jesus rose from the grave, his third visit back to see his disciples he found them fishing. They had been fishing all night and had not caught anything. He told them where to cast there nets and cooked them a meal on the shore before they got back to land. This is great to me because He knew they were hungry and was concerned about them physically and spiritually. I do wonder if He created the fish then or if he caught them because they were already cooking when the guys got to land. Either way, He eat with them again proving that he had BODILY rose from the tomb

If possible can you write up some questions for luke 6 now? Thanks for the help this far tho.

What two laws were the Apostles breaking in the grainfield?

What does it mean when Jesus says that the "Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath"?

Luke 6

What was more important to the Pharisees and the teachers, the people or the law?

Bonus - Who do you think the law of the Sabbath was written for?

Who is the Son of Man in verse 22?

Why does it say to love our enemies and do good to all?

In verse 37, how does Jesus say we will be judged?

Where does the words that come out of our mouths come from?

I know it's more questions but this chapter is full of great stuff!

To John
    They where working on the Sabbath and eating on the Sabbath (not sure about the eating part)
    I am not to sure what Jesus means on this. If i had to guess id say it ment that Jesus was the Lord so since he could heal people he can use his powers to save lives rather then let people die just because its the Sabbath.

Luke 6
    What was more important to the Pharisees and the teachers, the people or the law? The law was more important to them. They would even let people die on the Sabbath just because your not suppose to heal on the sabbath but Jesus asked them why destroy a life when you can do good and save it.
    Bonus - Who do you think the law of the Sabbath was written for? I think the law of the Sabbath was written for people in that time before Jesus came.
    Who is the Son of Man in verse 22? Jesus is the son of man.
    Why does it say to love our enemies and do good to all? It says to love our enemies because that is the same mercy the father has for us and if we just loved people who loved us we would be just like the sinners.
    In verse 37, how does Jesus say we will be judged? Jesus says we will be judged the same way we judge others.
    Where does the words that come out of our mouths come from? The words that come out of our mouths come from the word of Jesus.

To John
    They where working on the Sabbath and eating on the Sabbath (not sure about the eating part)
    I am not to sure what Jesus means on this. If i had to guess id say it ment that Jesus was the Lord so since he could heal people he can use his powers to save lives rather then let people die just because its the Sabbath.
    OK...I thought about this later and kinda regretted these questions...they are rather advanced study wise.

You are very correct on the working part. Great job there. The Pharisees considered the separating of the chaff from wheat on a Sabbath day to be work...even if it was just rubbing your hands together. They actually knew of Jesus' teaching about "working on Sabbath Days" so they made a special law just for the miracles Jesus was doing...that is why He flagrantly broke it. The Law is still in Israel today in the Hospitals. They will keep you alive but not heal you until Sunday.

The other Law was that you were not allowed to stand and eat at the same time because only livestock did this sort of thing...As a Jew you were of a special race of people called by God. Jesus, as these disciple's rabbi, was responsible for their actions completely. If the disciples sinned it was exclusively his fault.

Jesus in reply was recounting an episode where David and his men not only entered into a tabernacle area they weren't allowed into they ate the shewbread that was supposed to be on the table in there. There wouldn't be any shewbread in the Tabernacle for a whole week because of this. God's tabernacle would have to go without being properly set up for worship for that long.

As for the last part...

To a Roman Citzen (whom the book of Luke was written to) or even Jew when someone claims as Jesus did to be the Lord of the Sabbath...it meant that He himself was the Sabbath. He was the epitome of the Sabbath day...anything that was said or done to him was all about the Sabbath day. He was larger, more important and the cause of that particular day of the week moreso than any one specific day of the week ever thought about being.
    IOW Jesus was saying that He is the Sabbath day in which we rest. Which is why we go to Church on Sundays...we celebrate his ressurection.

I am so sorry for asking such hard questions...I for asking them...these were toughies. You have done amazingly well for such tough ones. Good job paying attention to the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.

Again, Good Job CupofMilk
    Luke 6
    What was more important to the Pharisees and the teachers, the people or the law? The law was more important to them. They would even let people die on the Sabbath just because your not suppose to heal on the sabbath but Jesus asked them why destroy a life when you can do good and save it.
    I think the law was so important to them because it had become a way of life instead of the Love of God being the way of life, their income and power came from causing fear in others of the law, while they twisted it for their use
    Bonus - Who do you think the law of the Sabbath was written for? I think the law of the Sabbath was written for people in that time before Jesus came.
    Correct!
    Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath
    I think God created the Sabbath (which translates to a day of rest) because He knew that our bodies need to take a day of rest. When we work 7 days a week and do not take the time to rest we become very week both mentally and spiritually.
    Who is the Son of Man in verse 22? Jesus is the son of man.
    Correct! There were also others called the Son of man in the old Testament like Ezekiel. "The Son of man" normally was send by God to deliver a message we do not want to hear . Like we are supposed to try to live right!
    Why does it say to love our enemies and do good to all? It says to love our enemies because that is the same mercy the father has for us and if we just loved people who loved us we would be just like the sinners.
    I can add nothing to that, you understand it very well
    In verse 37, how does Jesus say we will be judged? Jesus says we will be judged the same way we judge others.
    again, you nailed this one!
    Where does the words that come out of our mouths come from? The words that come out of our mouths come from the word of Jesus.
    I really wish you were right on this one. Unfortunately the words we speak come from our hearts. Not literally but i think you see what it means. I have heard that the eyes are the window to our soul but our mouth must be the door. What we say comes from who we are inside. Scary sometimes, especially when we get angry and lash out.

I'll work on the next chapter. You really are going great!

Luke 7

What did the Centurion mean by Jesus did not have to come to the house to heal his servant?

Why did Jesus bring back the widow's son?

Bonus- Why do you think John sent messengers to ask Jesus if He is the One after he already told people Jesus is the One and heard God speak from Heaven calling Jesus His son?

Who loves the Lord more?

How was the sinful woman saved?

What did the Centurion mean by Jesus did not have to come to the house to heal his servant?I think he meant that he did feel worthy to have Jesus come into under his roof (i assume he means he was a sinner)
    Why did Jesus bring back the widow's son? Id say he brought him back to take care of his mother because she was alone now.
    Bonus- Why do you think John sent messengers to ask Jesus if He is the One after he already told people Jesus is the One and heard God speak from Heaven calling Jesus His son? I think he sent them to stengthen there belief that Jesus was the savior.
    Who loves the Lord more? I am not totally sure on this one but when Jesus says that the least in the kingdom will be greater then he (John) means all followers of Jesus love Jesus and that its not a competion to see who loves Jesus the most.
    How was the sinful woman saved? She was saved becuase Jesus seen that the woman was trurly reptended of her sins and she was very kind to him and he seen this and forgave her of all her sins.

What did the Centurion mean by Jesus did not have to come to the house to heal his servant?I think he meant that he did feel worthy to have Jesus come into under his roof (i assume he means he was a sinner)
    You are partially right. He also knew that just as the men under his command would follow his orders even when he was not present that Jesus could heal without having to be present. That's some pretty strong faith, don't you think?
    Why did Jesus bring back the widow's son? Id say he brought him back to take care of his mother because she was alone now.
    yep, you nailed it!
    Bonus- Why do you think John sent messengers to ask Jesus if He is the One after he already told people Jesus is the One and heard God speak from Heaven calling Jesus His son? I think he sent them to stengthen there belief that Jesus was the savior.
    you know, i've never thought about it that way but it would definitely strengthen their faith. Thanks for giving me another way to look at it. I've always felt that John was like all the other Jews and believed that when the Messiah came He would rule this worldly kingdom and since Jesus was not coming to power John was wondering what to believe. As you have probably figured out, Jesus did not care about ruling an Earthly kingdom. He is already the Lord of the Universe.
    Who loves the Lord more? I am not totally sure on this one but when Jesus says that the least in the kingdom will be greater then he (John) means all followers of Jesus love Jesus and that its not a competion to see who loves Jesus the most.
    sorry i was not too clear on this question. What i was thinking was which person would love Him more between the one who had sinned a lot or the one who had sinned a little. It would be the one with greater sin as their (sin) debt that Jesus paid was bigger
    How was the sinful woman saved? She was saved becuase Jesus seen that the woman was trurly reptended of her sins and she was very kind to him and he seen this and forgave her of all her sins.
    Correct!

You are really doing great! The eigthth chapter will put you a third of the way through the book

Thread Information