cure-real

Thread: Prayer

Prayer

As a husband that is wanting to lead prayer each night with his wife I just can't find words and feel like mine are so shallow. I struggle with saying stuff and feel there is no meaning or love behind my words. Have any of you guys struggled with this? I know we men (besides for a select few) aren't very vocal, how do I grow a real prayer life with my wife?
    Thanks,
    Phil

I've struggled sometimes myself. I found myself inspired by the prayer meetings at my old church or the prayers and devotions found in The Valley of Vision.

Dont worry about the length of the prayer or anything of that nature. As you begin to feel more comfortable these will in a sense resolve itself. What about a small private prayer asking for help before you pray with your wife? Just a thought i had
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Practice practice practice ! I bet that you will find that as you pray out loud more and more the words will come easier until its becomes second nature.
    That said, kudos to you for leading prayer in your home. A home where the husband/father takes the spiritual lead can be nothing but blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    As a husband that is wanting to lead prayer each night with his wife I just can't find words and feel like mine are so shallow. I struggle with saying stuff and feel there is no meaning or love behind my words. Have any of you guys struggled with this? I know we men (besides for a select few) aren't very vocal, how do I grow a real prayer life with my wife?
    Thanks,
    Phil
    Pray to God just like you would talk to someone else. And keep in mind that the Spirit is praying with/for you and that Jesus is praying for you. Because of this, it's not about style. It's about approaching God with a sincere heart. He won't mind if you stumble around with words.

Rom 8:26

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
    NASU

Heb 7:25
    25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
    NASU
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Pray to God just like you would talk to someone else. And keep in mind that the Spirit is praying with/for you and that Jesus is praying for you. Because of this, it's not about style. It's about approaching God with a sincere heart. He won't mind if you stumble around with words.

Rom 8:26

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
    NASU

Heb 7:25
    25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
    NASU
    To add to what my learned brutha in Christ has offered, I'd like to give you this from Luke 11:1-4
    Luke 11
    1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3 Give us day by day our daily bread.

4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Keep in mind that this is an example of a form prayer, not a word-for-word type prayer.There are parts to this prayer:
    1.Praise for our Creator
    2.Asking for His will to be done in your life
    3.Provision
    4.Very important:FORGIVENESS!
    5.Protection from the evil one.

Now if for some reason you might forget something, don't feel like you are going to hell for being absent-minded. If that was so, we'd all be going down.God just wants to hear from you, so talk to Him like He's your best friend. Most certainly, open up your heart and let the Holy Spirit guide your words.
    God bless you my friend.....
    .......................John 3:16.........................

My testimony:http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112657I hope that it inspires one and all

Thread Information