cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could play professional sports,what would it be?

If you could play professional sports,what would it be?

Myself it would be golf.I know the really great ones,like Tiger Woods gets mega-bucks,plus endorsements.But I would be happy to earn a nice $300,000 a year,after the taxes and expenses.And you could compete until you're sixty if you stay heathy enough.I know back in Michael Jordan's heyday,he was getting 36 million a year.Heck,I'd play a couple of seasons and leave while I was on top. What would you choose to play?

My first choice would be MMA fighting in the UFC.
    My second choice would be hockey.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    I'd be in Archery and Shooting.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to be a "professional bench warmer". The coaches seemed to think I was good at it through school. Ok, just kidding.

Seriously though, I would have had to start when I was a bit younger of course but probably baseball.

Edit: But think about that first choice. Just think about it if the team goes to the Superbowl or the world series. You get a front row seat and a ring just for showing up.
    Last edited by dljc; Aug 31st 2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: See edit
    Hell....the nightmare you can't wake up from.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Blog Entries
    I would do what a close friend of mine does... World Machine Gun Championship Shooting. My friend recently won the world championship. He works for Colt and gets all of the arms and ammo he can stand to shoot. What a job!!!
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Hockey for me. Too bad I can't skate very well.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Fishing or hunting...man it would be like Heaven on earth to spend 6 days a week in the woods or on a lake

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    My first choice would be MMA fighting in the UFC.
    My second choice would be hockey.
    Isn't this pretty much the same sport?

Me personally I'd like to be an NFL quarterback.

Spiritual sports

Boxing- I have fought a good fight.
    Running- I have finished my course,
    Walking- walk in love

I'm sure there are more.

Heaven Bound <><

Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    Fishing or hunting...man it would be like Heaven on earth to spend 6 days a week in the woods or on a lake
    I thought about it,but IMO fishing would be too tense for me to have fun,I'd be too stressed trying to win. I wouldn't enjoy myself. Being a guide or a outfitter would be cool.I could do that,I reckon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    Myself it would be golf.I know the really great ones,like Tiger Woods gets mega-bucks,plus endorsements.But I would be happy to earn a nice $300,000 a year,after the taxes and expenses.And you could compete until you're sixty if you stay heathy enough.I know back in Michael Jordan's heyday,he was getting 36 million a year.Heck,I'd play a couple of seasons and leave while I was on top. What would you choose to play?
    Real men play Rugby!
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Isn't this pretty much the same sport?
    No submissions in hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Real men play Rugby!

I have to agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to be a 1st five eight( flyhalf) for the Springboks.

Blog Entries
    Basketball would probably be the most fun sport to excel in...with tennis running a close second.

Extreme snow skiing wouldn't be too bad either...get paid to travel around the world skiing the sickest lines known to man while Warren Miller films you...yeah, that wouldn't suck.
    As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Soccer (football). Nations love it, nations hate it. Riots break out because of it.

Most of the world plays it...and almost idolizes it. Beyond enough to survive and provide for family, I don't really care that much about the $$$. If I was REALLY good and an international superstar, think of all the open doors (Colossians 4:1)!

Thread Information