cure-real

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

I have a situation that i am not totally sure would be the right thing to do in this situation so i thought id ask and see if anyone else has had a simular situation and what they did or if someone could tell be a good way to handle this. I am going to tell you the situation of someone and i will call the person 'hank'.
    a few days ago hank won tickets to a show i want to see. This is how he got them. He called in a little bit before they had a contest and asked if they were having a contest for the tickets, The DJ said yes and then told him the time. So when they announced the contest on the raido he called and was the first one to call the dj remember his voice and asked didnt you just call a few minites ago and he said yes. The contest was the first one to call and answer a question correct. Insted of asking hank the question. He told him the answer for he would win and told him to lie and say he knew the answer.

For some other contests (dont think he did the same for the tickets) hank sometimes uses his friends name to get extra prizes (which isn't allowed only 1 per person) Is it wrong to accept these tickets since he should be banned from winning tickets in the first place (he was never banned nor am i sure if they would ban you if you did that but i know its not allowed) Also if he did win 2 prizes for this contest when it wasn't allowed would that be wrong to accept the tickets? i am not tottally sure why the DJ did this but i think my friend Hank said it was becuase the person on the 2nd line (who would have gotten a chance to win if my friend would have get the question wrong) always wins.

The radio station is free to give away the tickets in whatever manner it sees as appropriate. If it bothers your conscience though, save yourself the stress and don't take any of the tickets if offered.

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    The radio station is free to give away the tickets in whatever manner it sees as appropriate. If it bothers your conscience though, save yourself the stress and don't take any of the tickets if offered.
    I second that............

A good witness

I think it would be a good witness to turn down the ticket. It is better to have integrity and I think you would feel dishonest or you wouldn't have asked the question.

Heaven Bound <><

I also think that since this does seem to bother your conscience and rightfully it should..you would be better off not taking these tickets and sharing with hank why. But be sure to pray for wisdom in how and what you tell him.

Praying for you and him in this situation..
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

following my conscience is not always easy. As someone who is younger in faith its not easy to know what is wrong and right so alot of the time i may think somthing is wrong but its fine or other times i may thing somthing is right but its wrong. So ill think this out a bit and think about what i should do. I have a few weeks before we go (if i go). Thanks for all the advice tho. I will take that in to considatrion when i make my desicion.

There is a reason for this...and it has a lot to do with the way that the show will sound on the radio.

Ratings rule everything in that world.

"Hank" won the tickets by calling and having a great voice that would translate and sound good to the listening audience...there was a contest...and "Hank" won it. The contest parameters weren't exactly what most people think that they were. Hank might not have had the time to call back at the right time to claim the tickets. The deception isn't anything that I would really worry about.

Besides...the radio station usually has plenty of tickets to hand out for this particular concert. One of the promotional things that they do to gain audiences and dedication to listening to their radio station.

Go have a great time at the concert!!!

This isn't about tickets, or even Hank. It is about you and your walk with the Lord. Not everything has to be black and white or right or wrong. If it is on your heart to not take the tickets, you will never find out what happens if you do. Just from your post, I would think that you will have some guilt that will not allow you to fully enjoy the concert. You may be able to justify going, you may be able to push the guilt under the surface and ignore it. But mostly you will not be able to enjoy the lesson or the blessing that God has in store for you if you are obedient to the prompting of the Spirit. God is going to keep loving you which ever you choose, but isn't it fun to walk with him and see how he blesses us when we follow his prompting?

Thread Information