cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God inhabits our praises....

Blog Entries

God inhabits our praises....

I have always heard this spoken in church, but I'm not sure where it says it in the Bible. It would make sense to me considering he is surrounded with praise in Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Revelation. But is there a specific verse that says that God inhabits our praises?
    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Quote Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
    I have always heard this spoken in church, but I'm not sure where it says it in the Bible. It would make sense to me considering he is surrounded with praise in Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Revelation. But is there a specific verse that says that God inhabits our praises?
    Psa 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Z.
    "Unto you therefore which believe, He is precious" (1 Peter 2:7)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB View Post
    Psa 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Z.
    my bible says enthroned instead of inhabits... same thing i guess...

any other verses?
    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Ps 22:4 ve'atah qadovsh yosheb tehilovt yisera'el
    and you / holy one/ settled in / praise of/ Israel

What this is about is a reference to the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark had a mercy seat in which God was enthroned upon. The adjective "settled in/Live in/enthroned in isn't a verb in the sense that you are thinking it is. This is why the NIV translates this section:

Ps 22:3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel

It is more about God being present and active and not inactive as viewed by the Common Man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDB View Post
    Ps 22:4 ve'atah qadovsh yosheb tehilovt yisera'el
    and you / holy one/ settled in / praise of/ Israel

What this is about is a reference to the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark had a mercy seat in which God was enthroned upon. The adjective "settled in/Live in/enthroned in isn't a verb in the sense that you are thinking it is. This is why the NIV translates this section:

Ps 22:3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel

It is more about God being present and active and not inactive as viewed by the Common Man.
    I really don't see too much of a difference... enthroned and inhabiting is pretty much the same thing

I really don't see too much of a difference... enthroned and inhabiting is pretty much the same thing
    The difference being that this is an Adjective....not a verb

Meaning that God isn't enthroned in our praises...his throne is/was the Mercy Seat on the Ark of the covenant. Today it is in our hearts.

Our praises come and go...depending upon our mood...God, however, is eternal. He is the praise of Israel...He is the pride and joy of every believer.

Peter writes and equates the beleiver as being a 'lively stone'... as a built up spiritual house (the body:soul and spirit), a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrafices, acceptable to God the Father..... thru the Lord Jesus Christ. I Peter 2:5
    -------------------------------------------------------------

God does indeed inhabit the Praises of His People... and when we enter into Praise.. whether its in brokenness and contriteness or full Joy over His Victory .. He is There.. It's done thru the Spirit and Truth.. and comes from a Heart that has been Redeemed by the Almighty.. made soft and pliable by the Master Potter..

those that Worship God must worship Him in Spirit and In Truth... for those are the People He seeks.. those will do just that...

God HImself deserves all the Praise and Glory.. and He does Inhabit the Praises of His Own People... these who worship in Spirit and Truth..

praise other than that.. will probably fall on 'deaf ears' of the Almighty..

Is He there amongst all the glizt and glitter and glamour? the bright lights and showmanship of people?

one would have to ask oneself.. who is it glorifying . the Person or God Himself...

If your Truly Born again.. you will begin to offer up spiritual sacrafices.. Praise and Worship... and He is there.... He Inhabits those.. for His Ears are open to the Righteous and His Eyes are over them...
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Blog Entries
    amen my friend...

Our bodies are a temple to God and the temple was a house of worship.

Quote Originally Posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    Peter writes and equates the beleiver as being a 'lively stone'... as a built up spiritual house (the body:soul and spirit), a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrafices, acceptable to God the Father..... thru the Lord Jesus Christ. I Peter 2:5
    -------------------------------------------------------------

God does indeed inhabit the Praises of His People... and when we enter into Praise.. whether its in brokenness and contriteness or full Joy over His Victory .. He is There.. It's done thru the Spirit and Truth.. and comes from a Heart that has been Redeemed by the Almighty.. made soft and pliable by the Master Potter..

those that Worship God must worship Him in Spirit and In Truth... for those are the People He seeks.. those will do just that...

God HImself deserves all the Praise and Glory.. and He does Inhabit the Praises of His Own People... these who worship in Spirit and Truth..

praise other than that.. will probably fall on 'deaf ears' of the Almighty..

Is He there amongst all the glizt and glitter and glamour? the bright lights and showmanship of people?

one would have to ask oneself.. who is it glorifying . the Person or God Himself...

If your Truly Born again.. you will begin to offer up spiritual sacrafices.. Praise and Worship... and He is there.... He Inhabits those.. for His Ears are open to the Righteous and His Eyes are over them...
    So...
    Are you saying that the translation of the NIV is for some purpose other than a straight "thought for thought" translation of the Bible?

Enthroned may be a verb...but in this case it is in the Qual form...meaning it is an adgective in this case....the verb in this song is "are"...and it isn't an adverb.

There are two descriptions here as in many songs in the bible...

I.E. There are seven things the Lord hates
    There are eight things that are an abomination to God.

Blog Entries
    As the OP of this thread (not to mention a facilitator) I don't want this to wind up a thread on hermenutics... I just want to talk about the reality that God is enthroned on the praises of his people...

So please let's keep it that way

This thread reminds me of a Christian song that deals with the very same issue,

Sing out
    The Lord is near
    Build Him a temple here
    A palace of praise
    A throne of thanksgiving
    Made for the king of kings
    Sing out
    A joyful song
    He’s love goes on and on
    When praises abound
    He’s glory surrounds us
    Building His temple here
    Sing out the Lord is near

The Lord inhabits the song of His saints
    And lives in their praises
    The Lord inhabits the song of his saints
    And lives in their praises

I have said many a prayer using these words.
    Last edited by The Mighty Sword; Sep 4th 2009 at 02:20 AM.

So...
    Are you saying that the translation of the NIV is for some purpose other than a straight "thought for thought" translation of the Bible?

Enthroned may be a verb...but in this case it is in the Qual form...meaning it is an adgective in this case....the verb in this song is "are"...and it isn't an adverb.

There are two descriptions here as in many songs in the bible...

I.E. There are seven things the Lord hates
    There are eight things that are an abomination to God.

I didn't say anything about the NIV translation..confused one would have to back to the Hebrew and Greek to see the correct translation for what your talking about..

God is a Spirit and those who Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth will worship Him in Spirit and Truth..

God is Omnipresent... and whereever your at worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth.. He is There.. He inhabits those Praises.. He Sees and He Hears them... He sees your Heart as you Worship Him.. whether its in Contriteness and Brokennessor in Joy.. unspeakable.. Singing Hymns and Spiriitual Songs.. Giving Praise and Glory to Him....
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

As the OP of this thread (not to mention a facilitator) I don't want this to wind up a thread on hermenutics... I just want to talk about the reality that God is enthroned on the praises of his people...

So please let's keep it that way

Blog Entries

i sorry bub... it's too late in the day and my mind is fried... please have mercy on me

i sorry bub... it's too late in the day and my mind is fried... please have mercy on me
    I been there and done that too.

So...always there is grace.

I was just shocked to see a discussion about scripture in the scripture forum where we all have a chance to tell what a particular scripture means to us and why was going to be cut short...

Especially when I brought in transliterated Hebrew and explained the grammar and similar examples in the Bible wasn't gonna be tolerated.

But all is forgiven.

Thread Information