cure-real

Thread: Christian boot camp?

Christian boot camp?

Does anyone know of a Christian boot camp? My GS is out of control. He will be 16 next month. We are at our wits end with him and think this would be the best place for him to be right now.
    Thanks for any information,
    Beverly

Blog Entries
    What kind of problems are you having out of him?

The reason I ask is that "boot camps" have been proven to not be very effective in many circumstances.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Since I wrote that this afternoon so much has happened. He has so many people praying for him and God answered our prayer today! It's like he was just delivered from all the problems. His parents are so great, they stay on top of things but it had just gotten to be more than they could take but they got their second wind and that's when God answered our prayers.
    Thank you for replying back to me.
    Beverly

Are his parents Christian? What denomination? I'd like to get an idea of what he has been taught. I was raised in a Christian household and have 4 siblings - I have a decent perspective.......

Quote Originally Posted by peacewithin View Post
    Since I wrote that this afternoon so much has happened. He has so many people praying for him and God answered our prayer today! It's like he was just delivered from all the problems. His parents are so great, they stay on top of things but it had just gotten to be more than they could take but they got their second wind and that's when God answered our prayers.
    Thank you for replying back to me.
    Beverly
    Praise the Lord for your good news. God is good!

My advice to any Christian family, is to involve the children, especially teens in as many supervised Christian activities / events as possible. For example, youth services, youth retreats, youth ministry opportunities such as nursing home ministries, community outreaches, etc. Encourage your children and teens to build relationships with other Christian youth and adults. That's not gonna happen in one service or event. It happens over consistent exposure to other Christian youth. If they will build those relationships, they may reduce or even skip the rebellious activities. Also, the majority of the activities / services, should be Christ centered and involve some kind of hanging out as well. For example, we have youth services about every two weeks. Most of the youth do get in and pray, many times praying in the Spirit. Afterwards, they go to the fellowship hall and hang out. There's usually pizza. Sometimes there's games or pictures of a special activity (say youth camp) shown on the presenter.

My oldest kids, now adults were not involved in youth events and I think that would have been so beneficial to them. They would have made connections with other youth, but I didn't understand that. My daughter is back in church, but my son is out. I believe he wants to serve the Lord, but he won't give up his non Christian friends right now. I believe he will but it hasn't happened yet. My younger kids, now young teens, are participating in as much youth stuff at church I can get them to.

Also, when one is in rebellion, condemnation isn't usually accepted very well. When praying for my oldest teens who were in rebellion, the Lord put Titus 2 and 3 before me. Especially Titus 2:11 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men". It is the grace of God that brings about Salvation, not our condemnation of the sinner. As a parent, I was trying to fix the problems, not letting God move. As a parent, there are things we can't tolerate, but we have to be so careful how we put that before our youth so that they don't shut out God. Also, Titus 3:3 reminded me that I wasn't so perfect either before I was saved. None of us are - if we were, we wouldn't need the Lord, would we? So I advise any parent of rebellious youth to read Titus, chapters 2 and 3, love your youth and let God do the convicting. Pray about the issues you need to address, and the issues you need to let God work on their hearts about.

Christian Boot Camp-update, need prayers please

Hello Everyone,
    I've been away from the board for awhile. A lot has been going on with my grandson. I've posted off and on about things concerning him. He went to camp several months ago and got saved and we were so happy. He has had problems with pot but we were so sure that was all over with. Well, he has slowly slid back into the old pattern only a whole lot worse. He will be 16 on the 13th of this month. He was born out of wedlock but had so much love from his family. He has always been very special to me. The night he was born I saw this 11lb baby screaming his little lungs out. His biological father and grandfather were both very big and I could see he took after them. They didn't want anything to do with him. My Daughter raised him in a Christian home and he was the light of my life from day one. My Daughter married once but it didn't work out but two years ago she met her childhood sweetheart again and they fell in love and got married and were so happy with their little family. He had three children, she had one and together they had a beautiful little girl. Their family was complete. They got very involved in their Church and tried to raise their Children knowing the Lord. After "Taylor" got saved and like I said he went back to his old ways, it got a whole lot worse. He started getting violent and trying to fight his step father when they would ground him. They found pot in his room several times and he ended up on probation. This was ripping out my heart. Well, today they found a gun in the back of my daughters truck. It was stolen from the next door neighbor. They arrested him. He is in a juvenile center and no telling what is going to happen. My heart is breaking knowing he is in that place. He was out of control so something was bound to happen. Please pray that he stays safe in that place and gets the help he needs. I have prayed so hard.

Praying for all of you, Peacewithin. I can hear the heartbreak in your post.
    V

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Any news at all from the authorities?

I know this is something that is hard to deal with (well, I don't KNOW but you understand what I mean) but all I could think of last night during my prayers was how thankful I was this young man hadn't lost his temper and shot someone.

I know you are concerned and brokenhearted. Let your worries be dealt with by the One Who has the answers to all things.

Hugs to you -
    V

Thread Information