cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intimit relationship between man and wife

Quote Originally Posted by BigTree View Post
    Thank you for your replies. V, I think that you maybe on to some thing here. She doesn't have the respect for me. As in most cases these days she is the major wage earner due to the fact she is an IT directer, and I am a mechanic. I earn a good wage but it is not enough to support the family. So she is resetnful that she has to work and not stay home with our son. I have given her listings for jobs that would be closer to home and home based jobs but she wont research them. What else can I do? Then she gets mad at me because of her job. So I give up on helping her.
    BigTree...
    After all the years you have spent together, there are deep wounds that really need help in healing. I suggest you seek a Christian marriage counselor that you would both be able to see for help on many levels. Over the 28 years of dysfunction, there are deeply imbedded behaviours and attitudes that need sussing out and casting out.

Speak to your pastor, and perhaps he can get you started in counselling himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTree View Post
    Two questions. What is a Godly intimit relationship between husband and wife? And how do you have one?
    Our relationship with our wife (or husband) can best be described by Ephesians 5:25... "husbands love your wives, EVEN AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH, AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR IT..."

He is our perfect pattern of selfless, faithful, intimate, godly and merciful love. His perfect and precious attitude toward His bride should rub off on us in our earthly relationships.

Z.
    "Unto you therefore which believe, He is precious" (1 Peter 2:7)

The coming together must be an embrace of love, that is, in the oneness of each otherīs care for each otherīs welfare. But it is unseemly to come together in lust, because it is the lust for the forbidden, which provokes gruesome and repulsive passions, and may reach the point of turning the natural use into that which is against nature. Blessed are they that endure temptation, not those that endorse it. Do we think that the scripture says, that the spirit that dwells in us lusts to selfish appetites? God forbid. It is decency which should rule our hearts concerning this matter, lest at any time we be found indecent before the Lord. This also is a matter of our sincerity toward God.
    And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
    Acts 28:24

Blog Entries
    I was unaware that you could lust after your wife...
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Please define the meaning of lust?

I think it was in reference to another poster, Big Tree.

There is nothing at all wrong with sex within the marriage. I think that was the point that Urban was making.

How are things going? I've been thinking about you the past couple of days and keeping you and your wife in prayer. I've especially been praying that your wife would begin to "see" you thorough the eyes she had when you were first married as well as the way others view you with respect and admiration.

V

Blog Entries
    Thank You for your thoughts and prayers. I sure do need them. Things with the relationship are up and down. Some thing was said last week that set me back, and I started to be disconnected, and going back in to my old way of thinking. I think that I need to forget about an intimate relationship with my wife for now. Had bible study tonight, We are looking at the first half of Mark 11. We looked at verses 1-19, and I think that I need to clean MY temple and get closer to God first, before I can do any thing else.

Blog Entries
    You can never go wrong doing that.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Thread Information