cure-real
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will we eat meat in heaven?

Will we eat meat in heaven?

When we get to the new earth with our new bodies, will we eat meat? Or do we all become vegetarians?

Blog Entries
    That's a very literalistic question, and one we can't answer this side of heaven. My own feeling is that, as there will be no death, where will the meat come from? We would return, I believe, to the blissful state of Eden.

But that's my opinion, someone else may have a different opinion.

Does it matter in the end? Whatever we eat, there will be no suffering there.

The focus of our joy will be Jesus at all times. Any other pleasures (food etc) will be secondary.

Worrying about dietary choices can distract us from God. My advice would be not to worry about it, and simply seek Him.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Blog Entries
    ... That's a great answer Mary! Being from Texas, you know that I am a carnivore but like yourself I believe that the new earth will be just like the Garden of Eden and we all will revert to the more healthy diet of veggies and fruit. I even suspect that we will be so changed in our perfection that I'll not even remember that I loved Oak Smoked meat.

Jesus did eat meat in His glorified body so I would say that we could. I do not believe that it will be necessary for us to eat anything in our glorified bodies as we will not get hungry or tired.

I do plan on eating lots of wedding cake and ice cream at the marriage feast.

I rest assured that the Lord will provide for every need. If we need meat the Lord will provide it. He made provision for Israel in the wilderness journey. Why would He not provide for us in eternity?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

I think we will. There is no sadness in heaven, and I gotta have me some steak.

Will we eat meat in heaven?

They say in heavin it will be bliss.

Ribeye is bliss.

there will be a feast in heaven at the marriage supper
    there are fruit trees on both sides of the river
    Jesus said He would drink again the wine in the Kingdom
    but no mention of meat
    probably back to veggies
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

Isaiah 25:6 is a fun passage on this topic.

"And in this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all people a feast of choice pieces, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow [meat], of well-refined wines on the lees."

Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by calidog View Post
    there will be a feast in heaven at the marriage supper
    there are fruit trees on both sides of the river
    Jesus said He would drink again the wine in the Kingdom
    This isn't about alcohol, it's about meat, meat

Blog Entries
    ... Well, if we're going to have meat, I vote right now for a Peterbuilt and a New Brunfels style smoker on a forty foot low-boy and mountains of Red Oak to smoke it with!

I hope so, but if not, I'm okay with it

Blog Entries
    there will defintely be a grill in my mansion...

in Hattiesburg (where I'm from) there is this BBQ place known as Leatha's BBQ... there are many in this city that are convinced that she's the cook for the marriage supper...

so there's my personal biased and otherwise unbiblical belief
    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Blog Entries
    I just wanted to say, that when I first was saved, and a baby Christian, I was still very concerned about issues of what we'd eat. I've been vegan for over fourteen years, and the idea that I might have to eat meat in the Kingdom of God was rather off putting. (I think the devil made me focus on this issue, rather than have me concentrate on Jesus, Who is the only real issue.)

Then, when I realised that the Bible was utterly non prescriptive on this issue, I started thinking that maybe the Bible stated everyone would be veggie or vegan... that of course would have made me terribly proud of myself for being so clever to have avoided meat.

Finally I've realised that the Bible doesn't dwell on this issue for a very important reason...

What we eat in heaven doesn't matter at all when it comes to our salvation.

Before I was a Christian, I didn't eat animals. I thought I was a good person, protecting animals. I thought my good deeds meant I was righteous, that if there was a heaven I'd get there.

After I was a Christian, I realised how wrong I was, that I wasn't righteous, that I'd never get to heaven by myself.

Then as I grew as a Christian I realised that diet doesn't matter, salvation is of the Lord.

Since then, although I still choose to eat vegan, I no longer make it my religion, and I'm happy no matter what folks eat.

God is God, He will feed us whatever we need. That's all we need to know.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThyWordIsTruth View Post
    When we get to the new earth with our new bodies, will we eat meat? Or do we all become vegetarians?
    Jesus ate fish after his resurrection.

And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
    And he took it, and did eat before them.
    (Luke24:42-43)

The bible doesn't really say whether we'll eat meat or not in heaven or the new Jerusalem. Adam and Eve were originally vegetarians. My sister once said that she thought we may not need to eat at all after the resurrection.

Blog Entries
    I believe Jesus ate fish after his resurrection in order to show mankind that he was alive and not dead anymore. But in heaven I believe if there is no more suffering and pain, then animals will be spared from slaughters. Animals are innocent creation unlike mankind who are given freewill to choose right from wrong, to obey or disobey the God.

Perhaps the extreme wonderful bodies in heaven and the joy we experience there is much too great that the body will not need meat.

When we look back at history back in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve ate only vegetation. Refer "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be food for you. And to the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food. And it was so" (Genesis 1:29-30). There was no laws permitted to eat meat until the time of Noah. I am sure they did not even think of meat at all at that time prior to Noah's time.

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

It would have been a taboo food in the time before Noah if they were to eat meat...just as we see the meat of snakes and camel or horse meat that some countries eat today.

But if we look at the time of the Millenial age, Scripture also seems to indicate that during the millennial reign of Christ on the earth (when the devil is bound for 1000 years), all creation will go back to being vegetarian. Read the following prophecy from Isaiah 11:6-9 -"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, and their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

...Ivory

Thread Information