cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals and eternity?

Question Animals and eternity?

I curious about this because I'm not sure of the answer. Do animals get to go to Heaven? I've heard some Christians say they don't because they don't have a soul and can not make a decision to call on Jesus as their savior. But Christ died on the cross for humans didn't he? So this has always been fuzzy to me. I also see God's character as being very loving and caring for all his creation so it's hard for me to think such a loving God would just let animals go like that. To me I don't think Heaven could be Heaven if I didn't see my pets there Is there anything in scripture about this? What do you guys think? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood8098 View Post
    I curious about this because I'm not sure of the answer. Do animals get to go to Heaven? I've heard some Christians say they don't because they don't have a soul and can not make a decision to call on Jesus as their savior. But Christ died on the cross for humans didn't he? So this has always been fuzzy to me. I also see God's character as being very loving and caring for all his creation so it's hard for me to think such a loving God would just let animals go like that. To me I don't think Heaven could be Heaven if I didn't see my pets there Is there anything in scripture about this? What do you guys think? Just curious.
    Ecc.3:19. sorry ... but God gives them a good life while they're here right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood8098 View Post
    I think the difference is that God made humans in His own image. The Bible does not make this claim for animals. We are privileged to be the pinnacle of His creation; but not animals.
    Without disagreement, nothing can be learned.

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings(two cents), and not one of them is forgotten before God.
    Luke 12:6
    And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
    Acts 28:24

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    If we have pets in heaven, it will be better than we can imagine.

If we don't have pets in heaven, it will be better than we can imagine.

Blog Entries
    I think that the wrong question is being asked. It should not be will animals be with us in heaven, because heaven is not our final destination but the new/renewed earth is where we will spend eternity.

With that being said I will agree that animals will most likely not be in heaven; however, I would say that animals will be on the new/renewed earth. A reading of Romans 8:19-22 shows that creation itself will be renewed and made right as it was before the fall. It also is shown in Revelation 21 and 22 that the creation will be prefect again. Isaiah 65:17-25 also shows what the new heavens and earth will be like. In this we see that there will be animals.

So why would animals not be included in this renewing and being made perfect. Granted his has not been about pets, but I believe God could raise up our pets if he so wished to do so.

I have faith that God would be willing to raise up those pets that have had significant influence on us. Because they have become so enmeshed in our personality and our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I have faith that God would be willing to raise up those pets that have had significant influence on us. Because they have become so enmeshed in our personality and our souls.
    I'm not so sure. My wife of two years has had a much larger impact in my life than all the pets of my childhood that I love dearly. Yet in heaven we will not be married nor given in marriage.

I don't know specifically what the new earth will be like, but if I have to guess, I'd say the dynamics of life are outside our current comprehension.

Blog Entries
    I love that God saw everything that He had created, that it was 'very good'. Isn't the Garden of Eden a 'heaven' intended for all of God's creation? What will the new heaven and new earth be like?

Blog Entries
    Disclaimer--Personal opinion here:

Whether in heaven or in the new earth, I think God will give us all the joys of our heart. However, because of His holiness and majesty those things still will not compare and our eyes will be on Him. We will be worshiping Him with an unspeakable joy in our heart.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

Quote Originally Posted by Steven3 View Post
    Ecc.3:19. sorry ... but God gives them a good life while they're here right?
    There is a question mark at the end of this verse.

Ecclesiastes 3:21 (King James Version)

21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Who knoweth ?......How do we know that man goeth upward and beast goeth downward ?

Why wouldn't animals go to heaven? Why wouldn't they have souls? A body can't function without a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker81536 View Post
    Why wouldn't animals go to heaven? Why wouldn't they have souls? A body can't function without a soul.
    1) They weren't created in God's image
    2) We have no reason to believe they do.

There will be animals in heaven but nothing I have read suggests that they were the animals on earth.

Blog Entries
    I really have a hard time believing that our pets will be in heaven with us....and I have a harder time believing that just because your pets aren't there, that heaven won't be heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    I really have a hard time believing that our pets will be in heaven with us....and I have a harder time believing that just because your pets aren't there, that heaven won't be heaven.
    I have a very difficult time as well, even more so when I see at how distraught some people get over it. BILLIONS of HUMANS are going to hell.

Thread Information