cure-real
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Paul Washer - Good Message ...

Well, I went to church today and Paul Washer was the guest speaker. It was a powerful sermon on...

The Gospel.

The main Scripture used was 2 Corinthians 5:21, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"

He spoke about the fact that in order for missions to be successful, one needed to be rooted and grounded in the Gospel. If not, then you are doing nothing to advance the kingdom of God.

He spoke about how we need to have a proper view of the great sacrifice Jesus made to reconcile us to the Father. The fact that Christ took upon Himself the wrath of God, so that those who repent and trust in Him, do not have to bear the wrath of God.

He showed how, in the garden, Jesus was not afraid of the cross, or the whip, but that he asked for the cup to pass, three times, and sweat drops of blood because in the cup was the wrath of God. That it makes no sense that the Messiah would fear something that His followers rejoiced over being found worthy to sacrifice for.

He went on to speak of the great love God has for us and how it wasn't the Father wanting to destroy us and Jesus saved us from Him. But that it was His great love toward us that motivated the sacrifice of His one and only Son.

There is so much to that message that I am barely breaking the surface of what he shared. It was a great service.

I did find it funny that some on here were sharing that Paul never preached the Gospel and that is exactly the message he shared at High Pointe Baptist in Austin, TX.
    AN ALIEN UNTIL THE RESURRECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Well, I went to church today and Paul Washer was the guest speaker. It was a powerful sermon on...

The Gospel.

The main Scripture used was 2 Corinthians 5:21, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"

He spoke about the fact that in order for missions to be successful, one needed to be rooted and grounded in the Gospel. If not, then you are doing nothing to advance the kingdom of God.

He spoke about how we need to have a proper view of the great sacrifice Jesus made to reconcile us to the Father. The fact that Christ took upon Himself the wrath of God, so that those who repent and trust in Him, do not have to bear the wrath of God.

He showed how, in the garden, Jesus was not afraid of the cross, or the whip, but that he asked for the cup to pass, three times, and sweat drops of blood because in the cup was the wrath of God. That it makes no sense that the Messiah would fear something that His followers rejoiced over being found worthy to sacrifice for.

He went on to speak of the great love God has for us and how it wasn't the Father wanting to destroy us and Jesus saved us from Him. But that it was His great love toward us that motivated the sacrifice of His one and only Son.

There is so much to that message that I am barely breaking the surface of what he shared. It was a great service.

I did find it funny that some on here were sharing that Paul never preached the Gospel and that is exactly the message he shared at High Pointe Baptist in Austin, TX.
    That's awesome! I have lots of Paul's sermons. Must upload to my iPod ....
    * Sola scriptura, sola gratia , sola fide, solas Christus, sola deo gloria
    * Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee -- Isaiah 26:3
    * vja4Him Apologetics Blogs

Roswell, was it something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jY6wJ0gwQ

I can't help but weep each time I hear him preach about what Christ, the King of Glory, had done for us, and what the Father had given when we were yet his enemies. It makes me angry when I see signs that are flippant about God, for e.g. "Come and meet God before going for your ball game."

Quote Originally Posted by ThyWordIsTruth View Post
    Roswell, was it something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jY6wJ0gwQ

I can't help but weep each time I hear him preach about what Christ, the King of Glory, had done for us, and what the Father had given when we were yet his enemies. It makes me angry when I see signs that are flippant about God, for e.g. "Come and meet God before going for your ball game."
    LOL, that is it. A few differences, but the overall message is the same. It is a powerful message.

Quote Originally Posted by vja4Him View Post
    That's awesome! I have lots of Paul's sermons. Must upload to my iPod ....
    The iPod has helped me listen to a ton of awesome sermons by a lot of awesome preachers.
    AN ALIEN UNTIL THE RESURRECTION!

Thread Information