cure-real

Thread: "Come Just As You Are"

"Come Just As You Are"

I'm looking for a good Scripture(s) to use with the song "Come, Just As You Are". Any suggestions out there?

The one that popped into my head is this:
    I Corinthians 6
    9 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    10 - nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Blog Entries
    Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 22:8-10 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 22:8-10 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Good Scriptures... and good post...

When He saved me in 1994.. after He touched my Life... I asked Him.. why He did what He did.. I told Him I wasnt worthy to be in His Presense.. or Worthy of Him.... I was always taught God couldn't be approached.. especially how wretched I'd been...

He softly spoke to my Heart...

I've known you all along... and I know the mistakes you've made.. and the condemnation and guilt you've been in.. I sought you out and found you.. now I"m going to Set you Free....

Its' True .. you come to Him just as your are....

I was Lost and in Darkness... bound by condemnation and guilt..in a wretched state.....

but His Blood Is Powerful... its can set the most vilest of sinners FREE.. and I declare today.. I was very very very very wretched!

Praise His Holy Name!

He Recieved me just as I was.. Lost and in Darknesss...
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Quote Originally Posted by ChazK View Post
    I'm looking for a good Scripture(s) to use with the song "Come, Just As You Are". Any suggestions out there?
    Jn 3:16... God so loved the WORLD... we don't have to measure up. We simply need to recognize our inability and failure.

Z.
    "Unto you therefore which believe, He is precious" (1 Peter 2:7)

goykodesh Guest
    Isaiah 55 and Isaiah 60, parallel verse in Rev 21:6

And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
    (Mar 5:1-6)

the rest is history-
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
    (Mar 5:1-6)

the rest is history-
    Good post.. and Truth...

you can't get much more viler or nasty as that person was..and I don' know if a person could get any more 'possessed' or 'exorcised by the devil' than that man was...

but you see the Power of God and the Mercy of God.. and His Sovereignty over the kingdom of darkness....

I love the fact that the people came to that area.. and they found him.. sitting in his 'right mind' with Jesus.... and they were sore afraid...

wow..

I can relate to this man.. who Jesus set free... I can relate to him so much....

He got to see His Deliverer.... but I have yet to See Him Face to Face.. but that day is Coming.. and I long for it..

so I can thank Him for what He did.. Personally...
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    I've always found the "Come as you are" idea sort of funny.

How else are you going to get there????

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I've always found the "Come as you are" idea sort of funny.

How else are you going to get there????

What you look like when you come is not nearly as important as what you look like when you leave. That which was dead is now made alive in Christ Jesus.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Original Song in Blue,
    Similar Scriptures in Red

Verse
    Come, now is the time to worship.
    Psalms 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down
    Come, now is the time to give your heart.
    Psalms 62:8 "ye people, pour out your heart before him"

Come, just as you are, to worship.
    Matthew 14:33 "they came and worshipped him"

Come, just as you are, before your God.
    Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
    Come.
    Revelation 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst
    Come. And whosoever will"

Chorus
    One day every tounge will confess You are God.
    Romans 14:11 "every tongue shall confess to God."

One day every knee will bow.
    Isaiah 45:23 'That unto me every knee shall bow"

Still the greatest treasure remains for those Who gladly choose you now.

Isaiah 33:6 "In that day he will be your sure foundation, providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. The fear of the Lord will be your treasure."

Thread Information