cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgiven For Everything?

Forgiven For Everything?

I am married. Have been for 13 years. We are high school sweethearts. We split for a while and got back together last year. We split because of me. I cheated. I came forward and told my husband about it and then I left him. I destroyed him. I broke up our family. At the time we had 2 kids (after getting back together we had a suprise blessing). My husband has forgiven me but my major concern now.....

Does God really forgive ALL sins? I want to accept Christ so badly. I just know this whole ordeal is holding me back. Does He truly forgive all sins?

Yes. ALL sins.

Romans 8
    1 - Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Thank you for the quick response. I guess I posted this in wrong area. After posting this I saw the answers area. Sorry about that.

No problem, empty. A mod will move it if they feel it would be best in another place. I'm just glad you're here and asking questions.

There are many here who will help you in any way possible, so ask away.

By the way - the emptiness can only be permanently filled by Christ - I know. I spent my teenage years filling the void with other things. And none of those other things lasted. Christ has kept the void filled to overflowing for many, many years now. He never leaves me or forsakes me.

I am just trying to also deal with my shame. I am not exactly proud of what I did and not proud I broke my own moral code. It is hard for me to come to terms with. I worry that is what is keeping me from allowing Christ in.

Quote Originally Posted by empty View Post
    I am just trying to also deal with my shame. I am not exactly proud of what I did and not proud I broke my own moral code. It is hard for me to come to terms with. I worry that is what is keeping me from allowing Christ in.
    Look at it this way - Christ forgave sinners of all shapes and sizes. Your moral code may be high, but it cannot compare to Gods. Look what God says about "our" moral code:
    Isaiah 64
    But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Here are a couple more verses from Romans, this time from chapter 5
    6 - For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
    7 - For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.
    8 - But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Thank you. Your responses are truly helping.

I am just trying to also deal with my shame. I am not exactly proud of what I did and not proud I broke my own moral code.
    You can't keep your own moral code. God knows that I have tried in vain, but I ended up violating my own moral precepts over and over. The same is true of humanity. Nobody is perfect and nobody ever will be.

Don't let your regret keep you from Christ! When you let your old nature die, you are a new person. The sins of your past are forgiven by Christ - and you can forgive yourself as well because God forgives you!

It also might be helpful to ask your husband's and your childrens' forgiveness. Promise him that you will never cheat again, and let him know about your commitment to Christ.

You are in my prayers!

Good. I am glad!

Look at it this way - maybe, just maybe, you are in the place you are right now because God needed you to see you actually NEED Him. If a person feels they have been highly moral during their lives, they seldom see the need for a Savior. It's only when we have been humbled by our own failures that we see the need for Jesus and the price He paid for the sins of the world - and not just the world - my sins, each and everyone individually. Not just the biggies (and I've had my share of those even after accepting Christ in my life) but all of them, right down to the comparatively "minor" ones.

The Good News of the gospel isn't about you, it isn't about me - it's about Christ Jesus and what He has done.

John 3
    16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2
    8 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
    9 - not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Becoming a Christian means accepting the Gift Christ paid such a price for - eternal life. It means recognizing Christ for Who He really is - the Lord of Life - it means asking Him to be Lord of YOUR life.

Revelation 3
    20 - 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

empty, I need to leave now. I will check back again when I get home. There are others here who will help you as you ask questions.

Thank you for allowing me the privilege of talking with you! Hopefully we can talk again later -
    V

Blog Entries
    You say you want to accept Christ badly.

I'm going to venture a guess and say that your guilt is what is keeping you from going to Him, out of fear of being judged.

You're afraid of something that is already happening. You already stand judged. Before God, and before yourself. The burden you sense, is real.

As such, you can remain bound in your guilt and keep carrying that burden, or you can stand before Jesus and receive mercy, and let God teach you how to go and sin no more, with a clear conscience, free of guilt. You already know you sinned. You already know you're guilty. Your husband has forgiven you, but adultery isn't the only sin standing between you and God, and you know it.

God isn't interested in punishing you. He also isn't interested in letting you wallow in guilt for the rest of your life. What He is interested, is in you coming to Him, accepting the blame for having sinned against Him, and settling your score with Him so things between you and God stop accumulating and you quit hiding from Him out of fear.

Surrender to God's judgment. Understand that He is just, merciful, and loving. He is a good God, and a righteous judge. He loves you infinitely. You didn't earn His love. You qualify for it simply by being a human being, and by breathing. That's it. God has always loved you, and always will. But there comes a point where we each have to decide if we're going to love Him back. And to love God, means to keep His commandments. Of loving our neighbor, being merciful, treating people fairly, and no longer living for ourselves and for our own whims according to what seems right to us. But according to God's standards, which are higher than man's.

John 3:17

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Matthew 18:11

For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.

If you already believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, and that He is alive now and stands as Judge of heaven and earth, then what remains is you acknowledging Him for who He is, and giving Him control as Savior, and as Lord.

That is the Gospel. Jesus died for your sins. He took them with Him on the cross, into death, where they can have no more power over you. When we come to Christ, He removes our sins, they vanish into His death, and we are resurrected along with Him, so we can live for Him, and no longer for ourselves and according what seems good to us. We can let the past be buried, and stand ready for the future, and walk in righteousness, from that moment on. We can let God handle the consequences of our own behavior, and understand that He is able to redeem anything as long as we accept responsibility and are humble and willing to learn.

If you are ready for that, and you understand it, then all you do is open your mouth and proclaim Jesus as your Lord and King.

Blog Entries
    I can't add anything that hasn't already been said by others. God loves you so much and He does forgive. You only have to ask for forgiveness, you'll also need to forgive your self.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Welcome to the board

Know that even if you are seeking God, remember that He was seeking you long long before you ever dreamed of God.

As far as accepting forgiveness for your past, you must understand that when we refuse to accept God's forgiveness, we are in essence telling God that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross was not enough. That we have to pay something else in addition to Jesus' blood.

Until you put that aside, you don't really want to be forgiven...

The Holy Spirit will continue to convict and draw you to Himself...

Hi empty.
    If it wasn't for Jesus we'd all be damned. Your love is to Him first, then your husband and children. God bless you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by empty View Post
    I am married. Have been for 13 years. We are high school sweethearts. We split for a while and got back together last year. We split because of me. I cheated. I came forward and told my husband about it and then I left him. I destroyed him. I broke up our family. At the time we had 2 kids (after getting back together we had a suprise blessing). My husband has forgiven me but my major concern now.....

Does God really forgive ALL sins? I want to accept Christ so badly. I just know this whole ordeal is holding me back. Does He truly forgive all sins?
    God can forgive your sins:

Mar 3:28-29 NKJV "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; (29) but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"

Not only that but once they are forgiven they are gone, never to be remembered

Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."

That's a pretty good deal there, when we forgive each other the forgetting part is very difficult. We often want to forgive but keep hold of something, in case we want to use it against the person at a later date. But that's not true forgiveness. Even when we do forget things happen that remind us. But God is promising to remember no more, our slate is wiped clean so to speak.

You've taken the first step, admitting you've sinned. The next step is to repent.

1Jn 1:8-9 NKJV If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (9) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Thread Information