cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The offical 'kids home sick with H1N1' thread

Blog Entries
    Nate went back to school today after being out all last week. He is still coughing some and complained over the weekend of being very tired, but I think maybe some of that is due to finally getting out and doing some things. Plus from what I have heard the flu really wipes people out..but he wasn't that sick...so who knows. What matter is he is back in school..yea! Now he can get back into the routine of things again which he does so much better with..having a routine. We went to church over the weekend and he went to youth group last evening....that seemed to perk him up some.

I told him to use his hand sanitizer in his locker alot though as there are other things going around like strep and the stomach flu..and we sure don't want him turning around and catching something else!

I found this article on my yahoo homepage this morning that I thought might interest some:

Cold/Flu Products: What Works, What Doesn't

I was disappointed to see the 'airborne' cold prevention doesn't work...I was giving that to Nate when he first got sick. I don't see how it can hurt though...its packed with lots of vitamins and herbs. And who knows, maybe that is why he didn't get as sick as many kids have with this inspite of what they say about it.

One thing I do know is vitamins do help us with our allergies. If I forget and don't give him his daily vitamins for a few days I can tell his allergies get worse. And when the body is run down fighting allergies, that is when a person's immune system weakens and they are more likely to catch whatever is going around.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    "60 Minutes" H1N1 Teen Goes Off Ventilator
    Update on Luke Duvall, a 15-Year-Old High School Football Player Striken with H1N1

CBS) When Luke Duvall arrived at Arkansas Children's Hospital Oct. 7, he was critically ill, his left lung filled with fluid.

CBS News Correspondent Kelly Cobiella reports this healthy, strong 15-year-old football player had the flu for days - then suddenly couldn't breathe.

His father, Chad Duvall, told "60 Minutes," "He was panting like a dog, really fighting for his breath."

Doctors confirmed Luke had H1N1 and for reasons they don't fully understand, the virus attacked him with an intensity rarely seen in someone who was healthy.

"He did have moments when he was really sick enough and there was concern if he didn't improve he could die from this disease," said Dr. Jerril Green of Arkansas Children's Hospital.

CBSNews.com Special Report: H1N1
    "60 Minutes": H1N1 Most Dangerous to Young People
    CDC: Learn More About H1N1
    CDC: What To Do If You Get Sick
    Flu.gov: Where To Get Your Flu Shots

Doctors are seeing more cases like Luke's. Seventy-five patients have tested positive for H1N1 at Arkansas Children's Hospital since August. Seventeen of them, like Luke, ended up in the pediatric intensive care unit. Just last month, there were more H1N1 patients in the unit than were admitted all last year for the regular flu.

In the privacy of Luke's hospital room, doctors removed the breathing tube. 20 minutes later, Luke was trying to talk.

More at the link.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thread Information