cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marriage with non Christians

Marriage with non Christians

One of my cousin is in love with a Hindu girl, and he want to marry her.And he claims that marriage with non Christians is not prohibited in Christianity.So is his claim true?Does Christianity permit marriage with not Christians?

Thanks and God bless.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight777 View Post
    One of my cousin is in love with a Hindu girl, and he want to marry her.And he claims that marriage with non Christians is not prohibited in Christianity.So is his claim true?Does Christianity permit marriage with not Christians?

Thanks and God bless.
    1 Corinthians 16:4. That, or look at the entire nation of Israel in the Old Testament. It's forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    1 Corinthians 16:4. That, or look at the entire nation of Israel in the Old Testament. It's forbidden.
    Sorry? 1 Corinthians 16:4- And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me. Is it saying anything about marriage?I am little confused.And although I am a Christian but not very familiar with Bible.So Please suggest me some verses from OT.

BTW, is Old law necessary for us? Some say that it is only for Jews and it was abolished by new covenant.
    Last edited by starlight777; Nov 2nd 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Correction

Blog Entries

Thanks and God bless.
    Everything is permissible. Not everything is beneficial

It opens up a lot of areas that they need to consider and as a pastor I tell people all the time to not be unequally yoked or they will be visiting me within one year about marital counseling.
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries
    The problem will arise when the two worldviews clash, which will happen, inevitably. You figure, they'll have kids, but what to raise them, Hindu or Christian...

It's not that it's wrong, it doesn't work.

What does the darkness have in common with the light?

(edit-it is thus, wrong, sorry.)

Blog Entries
    Sorry? 1 Corinthians 16:4- And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me. Is it saying anything about marriage?I am little confused.And although I am a Christian but not very familiar with Bible.So Please suggest me some verses from OT.

BTW, is Old law necessary for us? Some say that it is only for Jews and it was abolished by new covenant.
    Sorry, 2 Corinthians 6:14

Be Not Unequally Yoked ...

Thanks and God bless.
    2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    * Sola scriptura, sola gratia , sola fide, solas Christus, sola deo gloria
    * Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee -- Isaiah 26:3
    * vja4Him Apologetics Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Everything is permissible. Not everything is beneficial

It opens up a lot of areas that they need to consider and as a pastor I tell people all the time to not be unequally yoked or they will be visiting me within one year about marital counseling.

So it is permissible!Glad to know that,because at least he is not going to commit fornication by marrying a non Christian lady.But as you said, indeed it is not beneficial.Anyway thank you for this information.

So it is permissible!Glad to know that,because at least he is not going to commit fornication by marrying a non Christian lady.But as you said, indeed it is not beneficial.Anyway thank you for this information.
    I've known many people who married someone of a different faith, and usually it ends in disaster! Again, the Bible makes it clear for Christians to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    * Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee -- Isaiah 26:3

Blog Entries
    You've missed something vital here, and don't seem to be hearing the other posts saying: yes, it's wrong.

1)Do not be unequally yoked.
    2)What does the darkness have in common with the light?

It's clear and simple, not only that, my point before is, at some point the fundimental world views will clash and it will end bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemetal View Post
    The problem will arise when the two worldviews clash, which will happen, inevitably. You figure, they'll have kids, but what to raise them, Hindu or Christian...

It's not that it's wrong, it doesn't work.

What does the darkness have in common with the light?

(edit-it is thus, wrong, sorry.)
    Yes you are correct. And that's why I don't encourage this type of marriage.But I think here case is little different.Both of them are non practicing Christian & Hindu.So i don't think that they will be paying attention on it.But here is also a problem because the kids can be raised as non religious!

Blog Entries
    Yes you are correct. And that's why I don't encourage this type of marriage.But I think here case is little different.Both of them are non practicing Christian & Hindu.So i don't think that they will be paying attention on it.But here is also a problem because the kids can be raised as non religious!
    Non-practicing!? That doesn't compute. Is someone half pregnant? You either know Jesus, and live for Him, or you don't...check my sig.

edit-if your non-practicing, why even label yourself?
    Last edited by ilovemetal; Nov 2nd 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: edit

Blog Entries

As Christians we are not bound by the Old Testament laws, but we still follow the 10 Commandments, and much of the Old Testament is still quite relevant for us, even today. There is great wisdom in the Proverbs, and the Psalms is another great book to read daily.

All throughout the Old Testament, we can find direction for our lives, and comfort, encouragement, and wise counsel ....

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemetal View Post
    You've missed something vital here, and don't seem to be hearing the other posts saying: yes, it's wrong.

1)Do not be unequally yoked.
    2)What does the darkness have in common with the light?

It's clear and simple, not only that, my point before is, at some point the fundimental world views will clash and it will end bad.
    Well, actually I also think that it is wrong and we should avoid that type of marriage.But still a question.Please simply answer with yes or no. is it fornication or not?If it is fornication then indeed it is disaster.I mean wrong and prohibition are not same correct?

Thread Information