cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Marriage with non Christians

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cheeseburger world.
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight777 View Post
    Well, actually I also think that it is wrong and we should avoid that type of marriage.But still a question.Please simply answer with yes or no. is it fornication or not?If it is fornication then indeed it is disaster.I mean wrong and prohibition are not same correct?

    First off, it seems silly to be asking, since your non-practicing friend won't abide by Christian guidelines anyhow. It will be irrelivant to him/her, because they live for themselves.

    Second, fornicate means to have sex without marrage. If they're married, weather is is right or wrong, it won't be fornicating.

    yup.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cheeseburger world.
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    2
    Sorry, I dont mean to come across harsh. Think about this:

    What's the reason one would get married, as a Christian?

    Answer: so that the two combined can do more for the Kingdom of God than apart.

    The way I see it is: will this person help me grow spiritually, and can we combine our efforts to build God's Kingdom? If the answer is no, then I re-evaluate my situation, and put my 'feelings' aside.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemetal View Post
    First off, it seems silly to be asking, since your non-practicing friend won't abide by Christian guidelines anyhow. It will be irrelivant to him/her, because they live for themselves.

    Second, fornicate means to have sex without marrage. If they're married, weather is is right or wrong, it won't be fornicating.

    yup.
    Actually they do not practice religion but both claim that they believe God!And My cousin also claim that he is christian and have faith on Jesus, but I never saw him reading the Bible or pray to God,even if he is in trouble!And his girlfriend who is Hindu,she also do not Go to any temple of Hindus.So i used the term non practicing.And I just wanted to know about the validity of this Marriage,according to Christianity.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cheeseburger world.
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight777 View Post
    Actually they do not practice religion but both claim that they believe God!And My cousin also claim that he is christian and have faith on Jesus, but I never saw him reading the Bible or pray to God,even if he is in trouble!And his girlfriend who is Hindu,she also do not Go to any temple of Hindus.So i used the term non practicing.And I just wanted to know about the validity of this Marriage.
    Then it slightly more comlicated, I suppose. The marrage will be valid, of course, as in-recognized by the government. As far as how God views marrage, I don't think it's the main thing He cares about really. The state of ones soul is probly the most important thing to Him.

    I'd like to add also, it's not enough to simply 'believe' in the sence that you recognize God's existance, and believe Jesus the historical man lived etc...

    I'm sure you could find many threads on the subject pertaining to: evident that someone is Christian. You see, for me, I labeled myself a Chrisitan even though I didn't know Jesus personally. I thought I knew enough, but I still was living for myself, and there was no evidence that I was saved.

    So, my point before, there's two spots to be in life, and no more, no less. Either running towards God, or away, that is it.

    I don't have much else to say except your cousin needs to examine his/her heart, and give IT ALL to God. It's one thing to say 'I believe in God' but another to KNOW Him, personally, and have Him change your very being; a new creation, as the bible says.

    Peace my friend.

    edit-just because you don't see him pray or read the bible doesn't mean he isn't practicing...(I don't like that word) Christianity is a relationship with THEE God and Jesus and means the HOly Spirit dwells in you.
    Last edited by ilovemetal; Nov 2nd 2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: edit

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemetal View Post
    Then it slightly more comlicated, I suppose. The marrage will be valid, of course, as in-recognized by the government. As far as how God views marrage, I don't think it's the main thing He cares about really. The state of ones soul is probly the most important thing to Him.

    I'd like to add also, it's not enough to simply 'believe' in the sence that you recognize God's existance, and believe Jesus the historical man lived etc...

    I'm sure you could find many threads on the subject pertaining to: evident that someone is Christian. You see, for me, I labeled myself a Chrisitan even though I didn't know Jesus personally. I thought I knew enough, but I still was living for myself, and there was no evidence that I was saved.

    So, my point before, there's two spots to be in life, and no more, no less. Either running towards God, or away, that is it.

    I don't have much else to say except your cousin needs to examine his/her heart, and give IT ALL to God. It's one thing to say 'I believe in God' but another to KNOW Him, personally, and have Him change your very being; a new creation, as the bible says.

    Peace my friend.

    edit-just because you don't see him pray or read the bible doesn't mean he isn't practicing...(I don't like that word) Christianity is a relationship with THEE God and Jesus and means the HOly Spirit dwells in you.
    Thank you very Much for your explanation.And for the red color of your post I want to say that I agree with you.It is really not enough to simply believe in the existence of God,but we should try to follow him if we really claim us as Christians. And actually I am not regular here so it is not easy for me to find all threads.Just sometimes come to know some answers if something look odd to me,like this marriage or something others.And at past I also received some suggestions about one of my bad habit.And thank God I am recovering from it.Here folks are helpful I know.Anyway buddy(buddies) thanks for all of your help.God bless you all.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kosciusko, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,190
    Blog Entries
    177
    Any way you look at it, marriage between Christians and non-Christians will cause a lot of problems.

    I didn't say Christians should look down on non-Christians, or that Christians should be hostile towards non-Christians, I simply said, well, the above.

    It looks to me like it's not about her being Hindu, it's about her not being a Christian. It would be the same if she was a Muslim, or a Buddhist, or whatever, or simply non-religious altogether.
    Last edited by gringo300; Nov 2nd 2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added important info

  7. #22
    The bible says not to be unequally yoked with non believers, but what if you are equally yoked?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,278
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordistruth View Post
    The bible says not to be unequally yoked with non believers, but what if you are equally yoked?
    Then you would both be believers

  9. #24
    Hahaha, I don't think that's what unequally yoked means.
    Scripture talks about being unequally yoked WITH non believers.
    So can you be equally yoked? I would venture to say yes.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,278
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordistruth View Post
    Hahaha, I don't think that's what unequally yoked means.
    Scripture talks about being unequally yoked WITH non believers.
    So can you be equally yoked? I would venture to say yes.
    One believes Jesus is Lord.
    One doesn't.

    Nothing equal about that.

  11. #26
    Well what does it mean to be yoked? It means to be joined with.
    Scripture says don't be UNEQUALLY yoked, I think that means that don't join yourself with someone who has power or control or more pull than you if they are a non believer.

    But in a marriage, I think you are equally yoked, unless you have a bad marriage.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,278
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordistruth View Post
    Well what does it mean to be yoked? It means to be joined with.
    Scripture says don't be UNEQUALLY yoked, I think that means that don't join yourself with someone who has power or control or more pull than you if they are a non believer.

    But in a marriage, I think you are equally yoked, unless you have a bad marriage.
    A bad marriage = believer married to unbeliever.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Currently in my Earth-suit
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordistruth View Post
    Well what does it mean to be yoked? It means to be joined with.
    Scripture says don't be UNEQUALLY yoked, I think that means that don't join yourself with someone who has power or control or more pull than you if they are a non believer.

    But in a marriage, I think you are equally yoked, unless you have a bad marriage.
    Yeah, there's this little thing called context.

    What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
    16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
    17"Therefore come out from them
    and be separate
    , says the Lord.
    Touch no unclean thing,
    and I will receive you."
    18"I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
    One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    A bad marriage = believer married to unbeliever.
    Says you, the Bible says do not be UNEQUALLY yoked, any response to that?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Currently in my Earth-suit
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordistruth View Post
    Says you, the Bible says do not be UNEQUALLY yoked, any response to that?
    Yes: what agreement does Christ have with Satan?
    One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why Should Christians Ban Gay Marriage Rather than just condemn it?
    By TheAnswer99 in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 20th 2009, 12:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •