cure-real

Thread: Comfort and Encouragement guidelines; please read before posting

Blog Entries

Comfort and Encouragement guidelines; please read before posting

In order to edify the body of Christ, the church, and bring to light from the Bible or other words from a story, song, poem, etc., that show comfort and encouragment, here are some guidelines to the process to keep things on topic and focued!

1. Choose a book of the Bible, or other life situation that you are seeking to find comfort and/or encouragement for.

2. Make the topic of focus the title of your thread.

3. The opening post should include a passage from the book of the Bible you are looking to or a description of the situation you are seeking comfort or encouragement for.

So, for example, you decided to use Psalms. "Psalms" should be the title of the post, with the first text being a passage from Psalms. This may or may not include a short commentary.

Or, if you are looking for comfort and encouragement for a specific situation such as divorce or lost loved ones, state that in your title, and have your text state the specifics to guide other posters to share scripture and other things which are edifying, such as a story, song lyrics, poetry, etc.

4. Comfort and Encouragement is not a forum to offer or ask for counseling. If you would like specific suggestions, guidance or advice, please post in that forum alone or in addition to your concerns here. You are welcome to post in both. Please remember, no double posting allowed! Any threads that request advice will be moved into Counseling Requests without notice.

Please stay with the purpose of Comfort and Enouragement to edify and build up and keep with the original posters topic or theme.

And, as always, all the remainder of the board rules apply also. If you have not read them thoroughly, or it's been a while since you have, please review them.

Any questions or concerns should be directed to this forums facilitator.

Thank you for your participation in building up and edifying the body of Christ!
    Last edited by Dani H; Nov 6th 2009 at 04:20 AM.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

Blog Entries

Posting links

We have added some rules to posting links:

--If you post a link to another site, be it a video, article... whatever: Give a description of what it is that they will see. Just posting a link with a message such as "hey, check this out." will result in your post or thread being deleted.

--No links soliciting to members other Christian message boards in posts, signatures, profiles or PM's, rep system, etc.

--No linking to sites promoting the sales of products.

Thank You for your cooperation.

Blog Entries

Using quote and reply

Please don't use the quote function if you don't have to. Rather use the reply button. It is completely unnecessary to use quote if you are making a reply to the post above. The only time quote is necessary is when you are making a reply to a post several posts above.

We have over 100,000 posts on the board and our database is growing rapidly. Repeated quoting of previous posts is causing the database to grow even faster. We will soon run out of space and will have to begin deleting old posts Ö we donít want to have to do this.

Blog Entries

Polls

Polls can be used in each forum of the board to facilitate discussion. Please take a moment as you would with any other thread you wish to start.
    1) Make sure the topic relates to the purpose of the forum
    2) Create the poll so it can be used to further the discussion.

If you have any questions as to the board wide use of polls, please address them in the Chat to the Moderators forum.

Thread Information