cure-real

Thread: A Stone cut without hands

A Stone cut without hands

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
    Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. (Dan.2:34,35)

A stone that was cut out without hands represents Jesus incarnation ""...they shall call his name EMMANUEL"

And this stone destroyed the image that represented the several kingdoms of the world.

A new testament look:

The chief cornerstone; Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? (Matt.21:42)

And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
    Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder (Luke 20:17-18)

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;(Eph.2:20)

The birth of Christ, produced without the intervention of a human father; nothing could more strikingly set forth, than the figure of "a stone cut out without hands." in the image of breaking in pieces "the image which stood on his feet." And when what is said of Christ is considered, that "the kingdoms of the world shall become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever;" who does not, or will not, see the striking representation of a mountain springing up from slender beginnings, "and filling the whole earth?"

Just a side note: The stone brake the image not the mountian it grew into.

Hi Beckrl

Excellent post going from Daniel 2 to the Gospels and Ephesians laying out the stone without hands and your description of the great mountain, thanks.

I agree that this "stone cut without hands" is Christ, for all the reasons you posted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
    Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. (Dan.2:34,35)

A stone that was cut out without hands represents Jesus incarnation ""...they shall call his name EMMANUEL"

[SIZE=3]The birth of Christ, produced without the intervention of a human father;
    If Jesus and his birth were to be the representation of the stone made without hands above then why did Jesus say this himself? He is still yet to build this....

Mr 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

2co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Christ is the corner stone of a much bigger stone (mountain) the kingdom of God which represents the eternal tabernacle of Jesus. So then when will this stone smote all kingdoms like chaff and no place will be found for them and the stone become a great mountain? Upon his second coming.

Ac 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Ac 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Mt 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Re 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Re 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Re 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Re 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

So Daniel 2 is speaking of the second coming and the interpetation that these kingdoms which are destroyed are all past is incorrect as I believe the point you were trying to support.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    If Jesus and his birth were to be the representation of the stone made without hands above then why did Jesus say this himself? He is still yet to build this....

Mr 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

2co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Christ is the corner stone of a much bigger stone (mountain) the kingdom of God which represents the eternal tabernacle of Jesus. So then when will this stone smote all kingdoms like chaff and no place will be found for them and the stone become a great mountain? Upon his second coming.
    Lets review some scriptures from Daniel.2:35,44,45)

35Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

It tells us that the stone which can only be Jesus Christ on which all the foundation of the apostles and prophets are built upon.
    That stone brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver and the gold. Therefore given way to the kingdom of God.

Matthew 7
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. 28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
    Ac 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Ac 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Mt 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Re 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Re 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Re 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Re 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

So Daniel 2 is speaking of the second coming and the interpetation that these kingdoms which are destroyed are all past is incorrect as I believe the point you were trying to support.

Mark.
    I'm I to understand that the kingdom of Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece and Rome to have not been destoryed???

45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

The "stone" is not Jesus himself, it is the Kingdom of God.
    Daniel 2.34: As you looked, a stone was cut out by no human hand, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces.
    Daniel 2.44-45: And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever, just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold.
    Jesus is the one who established this Kingdom of God, but Daniel directly says that it was the kingdom that "shall break in pieces all these [other] kingdoms".

Jesus isn't the "stone" of Daniel 2, the Kingdom of God is.

Quite so, Mark Edward. Yet is it not also clear that in Daniel particularly, the king and his kingdom are used synonymously and interchangeably? If this is true of Nebuchadrezzar and his Babylon, might it be true in at least a limited sense of Jesus and the Kingdom of God? To what extent is the kingdom where the king is?

This is off from the original poster's jaunt. I'd like to hear your opinion though, Mark.

That is a good point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    [SIZE=3][I]
    I'm I to understand that the kingdom of Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece and Rome to have not been destoryed???
    That is if the fourth kingdom was past Rome. However the fourth kingdom is not of Rome past as the "stone" even by other partial preterists represents the kingdom of God coming to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Quite so, Mark Edward. Yet is it not also clear that in Daniel particularly, the king and his kingdom are used synonymously and interchangeably? If this is true of Nebuchadrezzar and his Babylon, might it be true in at least a limited sense of Jesus and the Kingdom of God? To what extent is the kingdom where the king is?

This is off from the original poster's jaunt. I'd like to hear your opinion though, Mark.
    Bing
    That is how I was applying this content in a way.

Daniel 2:
    36This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

Yet we understand that this head of gold represents the kingdom of Babylon.

What rock is the church built upon?

Matthew 16:
    15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Although I do realize that the stone which grow into a mountain can be seen as also revealed in the parable of the Mustard seed.

Matthew 13:
    31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
    32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof

The theme is that all of these man made kingdoms would one day be destoryed, but the kingdom that Jesus established will never be destoryed.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    That is if the fourth kingdom was past Rome. However the fourth kingdom is not of Rome past as the "stone" even by other partial preterists represents the kingdom of God coming to earth.
    I see no reason to brake the sequence of kingdoms, one after the other until the fourth kingdom. There is no indication in the book of Daniel. If there are please bring forth that scripture.

Hello Beckrl, If you will notice, when there is more than one body part for a kingdom or Empire, Daniel put - and . I know I said it was not that important, but how can we move on if we canít count to five.

Da 2:32 "This image's (1)head was of fine gold, (2)its chest andarms of silver, (3)its belly and thighs of bronze

Da 2:33 (4)"its legs of iron, (5)its feet partly of iron and partly of clay

Da 2:34 "You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image (5)on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces.

Da 2:35 "(4)Then the iron, (5)the clay, (3)the bronze, (2)the silver, and (1)the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found.
    And (7)The Stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

You know Godís number is 7, Godís number is never going to be 5 or 6. Come on Beckrl, climb on over that 5 and lets go on to 6, we know what number 7 is.
    TWTaylor

Why do you insist that there are 5 kingdoms?

40And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Here Daniel is only speaking about that fourth kingdom.
    In verse 41 notice the conjuction of the word And that is given reference to the fourth kingdom.

Consider verse 45 and the iron and clay. Were is that 5th kingdom represented?

45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Here the iron legs and feet are one kingdom, wouldn't that make four kingdoms? Or should Daniel said, the iron, the brass, the iron and clay, the sliver, and the gold.

Hello again Beckrl,
    Quote - Why do you insist that there are 5 kingdoms?

Because there are 5! Only 6 here in Daniel 2.

KJV -
    41And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

I thought you were joking with me when I saw that And in verse 41. Then I looked in other translations and found it is in some.

NKJV-
    Da 2:40 "And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.

Da 2:41 "Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay.

Da 2:42 "And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile.

Do you see Revelation 17:10 Beast, the same as the image of Daniel 2, except Revelation 17:10 goes back to the empires before Babylon, Egypt and Assyria?

Re 17:10 "There are also seven kings. Fivehave fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.

Re 17:11 "And the beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
    Re 17:12 "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.

Seven kings or kingdoms, (1) Egypt, (2)Assyria, (3)Babylon, (4)Persia,(5)Greese,--The one that is - at that time, (6)Rome, - The other not yet come, (7)Christian Rome, - The other not yet come again - (8)Christian Rome again

The ten horns or ten Kings of Revelation 17:12 corresponds the ten toes of clay in Daniel 2:41

Re 17:14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."

Da 2:44 "And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Da 2:45 "Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold-the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure."

Revelation 17:14, and Daniel 2:44 are talking about that Stone , cut without hands overcoming, or consuming all the other kingdoms, The last Empire, number (?). TWTaylor
    Last edited by T W Taylor; Nov 15th 2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: to add a number

Thread Information