cure-real

Thread: I got adopted! ;)

Blog Entries

I got adopted! ;)

In early December, my fiance and I are moving several hours east of here. We're getting married by the end of December, and then we both start new jobs by January. That means that right now, we're running around like crazy, packing, organizing, planning (all between work shifts)... and we barely know which way is up. Our friends and family members have been HUGE blessings to us, but of course, the inevitable question has popped up: "between the beginning and the end of December, are you living together or apart?"

One thing's for sure: we want to honour God. And we don't even want to give the APPEARANCE of sin, honestly, because we don't want it to have a foothold in our marriage from the get-go. So with the help of a few people close to us, we're flying out, meeting the movers there, moving the furniture in, arranging it the way we'd like it (as well as anyone can in a small apartment), and then in terms of where the two of us will stay until we come back for our wedding, my resourceful, if a bit direct fiance's found a very interesting solution:

Two families in our new church are "adopting" us, one going to each family, for the month until we get married! He called me and said "hey, guess what! We got adopted!"

Of course, my response was, "huh?"

Apparently he called ahead, said hello to our new pastor (the church was recommended to us by our current pastor) and point blank said "my wife-to-be and I aren't living together before we get married, so who wants to adopt us?" and the pastor went, "huh?" and then recovered his wits about him, realized my fiance was serious, and started asking people if they would be willing to lend an extra bedroom for a few weeks.

And people we have NEVER met before have actually stepped forward!

I have inherited a young family with 3 small kids and the parents being about my age, complete with a dalmatian dog and two parrots.

He is going to an elderly couple, who are looking forward to having a nice, strong young man who can rake their leaves for them.

God is good!
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's incredible......*happy tears*.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

Wow what a blessing all the way around!
    That is a really great idea, and maybe one that will catch on.

You two are honoring God by doing things His way and in turn He is honoring your needs. He will surely bless these two families for being willing to open up their homes to the both of you.

I am truly touched by this.

BTW congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    This made me cry..for real.

I am so proud of you both! May the Lord bless you abundantly for being a testimony to others who just "can't wait."

I wish I could hug you right now!
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

That is a wonderful story! I know you will be blessings in each others lives. D in Georgia

Oh, this is awecome, CC..and congratulations on that soon coming marriage too. Wow, what great folks to sort of adopt you both..sounds like a loving and caring community and a good place to start your married life together.

turtle
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven but missing her while Daddy is comforting us
    Blog Entries
    Great idea my dear friend! Have a great blessed time there!

Love you lots,
    Mieke
    Just to know You and to make You known
    We lift Your Name on High
    Shine like the sun and make the darkness run and hide
    We know we were made for so much more than ordinairy lives
    Itís time for us to more than just survive
    We were made to THRIVE!

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries
    Wow! congratulations on your upcoming wedding. That is wonderful news and so uplifting. Blessings to all!

Blog Entries
    What amazing favour!! Be blessed!!
    Fenris: "There are two ways to shoot an arrow into a bulls-eye You can shoot the arrow into the bulls-eye or you can shoot the arrow and paint the bulls-eye wherever it hits"

Romans 12:19 Don't seek revenge ... give place to God's wrath. For it is written "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord"

Isa. 30:32
    And every blow of the rod of punishment, which the Lord will lay on him, will be with the music of tambourines and lyres; And in battles, brandishing weapons, He will fight them

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

What are you willing to die for? Now live for it!

Wow! That is such an amazing solution and props to your future husband for his leadership! Praise the Lord!
    "I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!" - Buddy the Elf

My Blog

Pray for Mieke and Charles

Thread Information