cure-real
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Angel Of The Bottomless Pit?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Cripps View Post
    Why are both Christ and the angel of the bottomless pit said to have the keys to death and hades?
    Literally speaking, they aren't... Christ claims to own the keys to Death and Hades... Apollyon is given the key to the "bottomless pit" (the Abyss). No direct correlation is made between "Death and Hades" with the "Abyss", so there would need to be something more substantial to make a connection between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    I believe it refers to Death[Abaddon] and Hell[grave/bottomless pit]

Revelation 20:
    14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    According to scripture the only place that death is cast into is the lake of fire at judgment day, so how would it be death that is released at the 5th trumpet. Death is not the king/leader of the angels.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by astrongerthanhe View Post
    That's my point exactly. Israel at that time will be apostate sinners, and will have given themselves to the Babylonians and their false gods. So God raises up Babylon against Israel, as He has done consistently throughout their history, as recorded in the prophets. However, Rev. 9 does not say that the locusts torment all the earth; they only attack those who do not have the seal of God on their forehead (v.4). Who has the seal of God? In Rev. 7 John sees 144,000 Jews receive this seal. Therefore, it follows that those who do not have this seal are apostate Jews.
    According to the scriptures the only ones that have the seal of God are of Israel, so all that do not have the seal of God will face the torments from God.

Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
    Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Will they not have to attack their own, since they will not have the seal of God either?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Good thread topic!

I have no answers, but only questions.

Why are both Christ and the angel of the bottomless pit said to have the keys to death and hades?

Why are both Christ and the angel of the bottomless pit said to destroy?
    Thanks Samuel,

They do not have the same keys.

Jesus
    Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Angel
    Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

We know that jesus is a destroyer of those that do not obey him, and the king of the bottomless pit will also be against those that do not obey Jesus.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Is the pit in the following scriptures the same, which would therefore include Satan, and also his release?

Is 24:21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
    Is 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

2 Pet 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    Literally speaking, they aren't... Christ claims to own the keys to Death and Hades... Apollyon is given the key to the "bottomless pit" (the Abyss). No direct correlation is made between "Death and Hades" with the "Abyss", so there would need to be something more substantial to make a connection between the two.
    Throughout the New Testament, sheol is referred to as the abyss. Sheol, as you probably know, is the same as Hades. What do you think?

Throughout the New Testament, sheol is referred to as the abyss. Sheol, as you probably know, is the same as Hades. What do you think?
    May I ask who you believe the king of the angels is, that comes out of the pit at the 5th trumpet?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    May I ask who you believe the king of the angels is, that comes out of the pit at the 5th trumpet?

God bless you!

Firstfruits
    I don't have answers, but I wonder if this "star" that came down from Heaven and into the bottomless pit could be King Jesus. Was it not Christ who, upon death, descended into the depths to claim the keys of death and hades?

I don't have answers, but I wonder if this "star" that came down from Heaven and into the bottomless pit could be King Jesus. Was it not Christ who, upon death, descended into the depths to claim the keys of death and hades?
    I would not believe that Jesus was the king of the demons that come out of the pit.

Firstfruits

I would not believe that Jesus was the king of the demons that come out of the pit.

Firstfruits
    Is Jesus not King over all?

Is it not the angel of the bottomless pit who casts Satan into the abyss and locks him in there(Revelation 20:1-2)? How can Satan cast out Satan?

Thanks Samuel,

They do not have the same keys.

Jesus
    Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Angel
    Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

We know that jesus is a destroyer of those that do not obey him, and the king of the bottomless pit will also be against those that do not obey Jesus.

God bless you!

Firstfruits
    Firstfruits,

What is this difference between the bottomless pit (the abyss) and Hades? Isn't Hades/sheol elsewhere called the abyss?

FF,

Please read this brief and thought-provoking article and tell me what you think.

http://www.quotedstatements.com/Bible-Files/abaddon.htm
    With regards to the following scriptures, who is the angel of the bottomless pit?

Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

God bless!

Firstfuits

Is Jesus not King over all?

Is it not the angel of the bottomless pit who casts Satan into the abyss and locks him in there(Revelation 20:1-2)? How can Satan cast out Satan?
    Jesus is truly king over all but he would not have to be released from the bottomless pit, as would Satan and his angels.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Jesus is truly king over all but he would not have to be released from the bottomless pit, as would Satan and his angels.

God bless you!

Firstfruits
    I don't know what verse says that the angel of the bottomless pit had to be released from there. What verse are you thinking of?

I don't know what verse says that the angel of the bottomless pit had to be released from there. What verse are you thinking of?
    Where did the angel of the bottomless pit come from if not from the bottomless pit?

Firstfruits

Thread Information