cure-real
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Angel Of The Bottomless Pit?

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaston View Post
    The first beast comes out of the sea (Rev. 13:1-10) not the pit.
    So, you're trying to say that the beast of Revelation 11:7 and Revelation 17:8 is the second beast? If so, I don't agree. The second beast is later referred to as "the false prophet" while the first beast is referred to as simply "the beast".

Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    I don't believe he can. I believe the pit is located outside of heaven.

Where does it say that being in the pit means he can't do anything? What if the pit is on the earth? What if his binding has to do with him not being able to deceive the world into uniting together against the church rather than having to do with his ability to deceive at all?.
    James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

If Satan is the one that tempts us, and (my understanding of what your saying) his power is bound by the great chain. There is no temptation, if there is no temptation (according to James) there is no lust. No lust to bring forth sin and no sin to brings forth death. No death.

The bottomless pit is a spiritural relm, because Satan is the spirit of evil.

I believe Satan was cast out of heaven long ago:

John 12
    30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    I see those as Christ's death and resurrection. "Prince of this world" at the time this was said was Christ (IMO). Rev. 12:7-12 clearly says he is kicked out of heaven. All of Rev. is future events in my opinion. Are you saying this event has already happened, in the middle of Rev.?

It doesn't say that there specifically, but it does describe the pit being opened at that time (fifth trumpet).
    Where do you see the first beast coming out of ch 9?

My understanding of him being bound in the pit is that it relates to his ability to deceive the world and keep it in spiritual darkness, his ability to keep the word of God from impacting the world and his ability to unite the world against God and Christ. Before Christ came he was able to do those things without restraint. After Christ came and died and rose again that was no longer the case because of the power of the Holy Spirit working through the church. So, I believe passages like the following relate to his binding:

Heb 2
    14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Mark 3
    26And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
    27No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11
    20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 21When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
    22But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Eph 2
    11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ..

I see these vs. as Christ's death and resurrection also.

Where do those passages say anything about the pit representing "the prison for all sin"?.
    So if Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven in Rev. 9:9. Then his angels go into the pit with him. The bottomless pit is where he is trapped.

I believe the bottomless pit/abyss is the spiritual realm outside of heaven and it has access to the earth. So, Satan being in it doesn't mean he has no access to the earth without being able to do anything on the earth. But he is restrained by "a great chain" that Rev 20:1 mentions.
    To me a bottomless pit has only one opening, and that opening has a lock which Jesus has the key for. Why would it be locked if it has a "back door"?

You're not getting my point. We know that it says Satan is cast into the bottomless pit/abyss and then later is loosed and comes out of it, right? So, if the beast ascends out of the bottomless pit/abyss (Rev 11:7, Rev 17:8) then that means the beast was previously in the bottomless pit, right? Wouldn't the beast ascending out of the bottomless pit be no different than Satan being loosed from the pit?

So, again, how can a human being be in the same place that it talks about Satan being bound (the bottomless pit/abyss), and then later come out of it? What do you believe the bottomless pit/abyss is exactly?
    The following scriptures show us that the beasts mentioned are the same, and although the same the beast, it is not seen to come in the same way.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

So whether it is from the pit or the sea, unless there are more than one beast that are the same, then the description of how the beast comes should not get in the way.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaston View Post
    James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

If Satan is the one that tempts us, and (my understanding of what your saying) his power is bound by the great chain. There is no temptation, if there is no temptation (according to James) there is no lust. No lust to bring forth sin and no sin to brings forth death. No death.
    The passage you quoted shows that a person can be tempted "of his own lust", so I'm not sure what point you're making here. Not every temptation comes directly from Satan.

The bottomless pit is a spiritural relm, because Satan is the spirit of evil.
    I agree that the bottomless pit is in the spiritual realm but what do you mean by saying that Satan is the spirit of evil? He certainly is an evil spirit being and is the leader of the fallen angels, but I don't know what you mean by saying that he "is the spirit of evil".

I see those as Christ's death and resurrection. "Prince of this world" at the time this was said was Christ (IMO).
    What was Christ cast out of?

Rev. 12:7-12 clearly says he is kicked out of heaven. All of Rev. is future events in my opinion. Are you saying this event has already happened, in the middle of Rev.?
    Yes, I'm saying it already happened. But the fact that Rev. 12 is in the middle of the book doesn't mean anything. Revelation is not just a long, chronological book. Revelation 12:5 mentions the birth of Christ. Does that happen after the seventh trumpet (Rev 11:15-18)? Obviously not. Revelation is not a book that only speaks of the future, as we can see here:

Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Where do you see the first beast coming out of ch 9?
    The beast gets it power from Satan. I believe Abaddon/Apollyon is a name for Satan. I see the beast as referrring to Satan's kingdom. So, when the pit is opened, it looses Satan and his beast kingdom.

I see these vs. as Christ's death and resurrection also.
    Yes, but what do those passages say about the affect that Christ's death and resurrection had on Satan?

So if Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven in Rev. 9:9. Then his angels go into the pit with him. The bottomless pit is where he is trapped.
    I think you meant Rev 12:9? And what do you mean about him being trapped in the bottomless pit?

To me a bottomless pit has only one opening, and that opening has a lock which Jesus has the key for. Why would it be locked if it has a "back door"?
    All I can say is that I see Satan's binding as him being restrained from keeping the world in spiritual darkness the way he was able to do before Christ came and before the gospel went out into the world through the power of the Holy Spirit. If you see his binding differently then we're just not going to agree on this.

Re: Angel Of The Bottomless Pit?

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    With regards to the following scriptures, who is the angel of the bottomless pit?

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

God bless!

Firstfuits
    it is JESUS.............. who is out to destroy Gods enemies , and he has a large army helping him (,locusts ) and they are doing a good job of stripping things down and exposing things in a big way

(A·pol′lyon) [Destroyer].

The Greek name used by the apostle John to translate the Hebrew “Abaddon” at Revelation 9:11.

Apollyon means “Destroyer,” and is given as the name of “the angel of the abyss.”

Though most reference works apply this name to some evil personage or force, the whole setting of the apocalyptic vision is to the contrary, as it consistently portrays angels being used by God to bring woes upon His enemies.

Re: Angel Of The Bottomless Pit?

Last post, 2009. Let's let this one be done. Start a new thread if you'd like on this topic.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Thread Information