cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human or beast? Steak thread

Human or beast? Steak thread

I treated my wife on rare weakday Tuesday dinner.We went to Golden Corral while she was on a supper break.We both like our steaks done,she likes medium well,I perfer well done,on the burnt side.Anyway,I was amazed how many people,including kids,like steak rare or medium rare.I'm thinking,don't this young child know that this steak is on the raw side?It's probably just me,most people don't think anything about it.

A few years ago at Men's camp,I was served a steak which I asked for well done. Instead I got a very rare steak.I'm pretty sure a cow ran thru a fire and somebody cut a slice out while it was running away.Anyway,how do men and ladies like your steak?

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    I treated my wife on rare weakday Tuesday dinner.We went to Golden Corral while she was on a supper break.We both like our steaks done,she likes medium well,I perfer well done,on the burnt side.Anyway,I was amazed how many people,including kids,like steak rare or medium rare.I'm thinking,don't this young child know that this steak is on the raw side?It's probably just me,most people don't think anything about it.

A few years ago at Men's camp,I was served a steak which I asked for well done. Instead I got a very rare steak.I'm pretty sure a cow ran thru a fire and somebody cut a slice out while it was running away.Anyway,how do men and ladies like your steak?
    I'm a medium kind of guy. Civil savage.

When it comes to burgers though, its always medium well or well. I was actually surprised when I first started travelling in the US and people asked me how I wanted my burger. I'd say something like "uh... I ordered the burger" and they'd say "Yes. How would you like that done?". There'd be an uncomfortable silence after which I'd tentatively ask what my options were.

In Canada they don't ask. Ground beef has to be served medium well at restaraunts.

I'm not much of a steak eater, but I prefer mine well done.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Blood red and still cool on the inside.

Pretty much just rip off his horns, wipe his butt, hold it for a second or two close to the grill and put it on a plate. Serve with A-1,
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post

Pretty much just rip off his horns, wipe his butt, hold it for a second or two close to the grill and put it on a plate. Serve with A-1,
    That's funny.....

Yep, Medium rare for me
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

Put it close enough to the fire to make it moo real loud?

Medium rare for the most part. A realllly, realllllly good filet mignon I'll take rare, thank you! And no sauce at all, just coarse ground black pepper and a bit of salt. Add a fresh, crisp, cold green salad on the side and I am happier than a pig in mud!

The one I had several years ago wwas like that,except they just ran right thru the fire,no holding it. I liked mine tonight.It was a rare thing(no pun intended)when I get what I ask for at Golden Corral.I just can't eat anyting close to rare,except sushi.

I used to be totally "well done" on my steaks. Now I'm more of a "medium" to "medium-well" I like a hint of pink

Blog Entries
    I like mine medium to well-done. As my grandfather puts it, "it can be a little pink, but you still have to cook the moo out of it!"
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Blog Entries
    I don't like steaks to be dripping blood but if they are pink to red on the inside that's great. If there's no pink it's cooked too long.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Just as a side note: Restaurants use their oldest pieces of meat for those who order well-done...it seems you can't taste the "old" when cooked that long.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

It depends on the cut for me. Typically i do medium
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Straight off the flame, cooked to medium for me!
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    The one I had several years ago wwas like that,except they just ran right thru the fire,no holding it. I liked mine tonight.It was a rare thing(no pun intended)when I get what I ask for at Golden Corral.I just can't eat anyting close to rare,except sushi.
    I wouldn't eat one well burnt at Golden Corral. The ones around here are N-A-S-T-Y. I would rather lick a convenience store bathroom floor than to eat at Golden Corral. If you want a good steak, it requires cooking it yourself or going to a real steakhouse.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Thread Information