cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 1:3 Vs Gen 1:14

Gen 1:3 Vs Gen 1:14

ok why does god make light in gen 1:14 if the light made ing gen 1:3 is seen to be good, is v 3 signifying something else. or is he just creating a source of light in v 14, am i missing something here or just over thinking it?

thanks in advance for your replies
    and god bless
    ron seemann

Seems like he is making the light more specific to it's tasks. Like Gen 1:3 is just the generic "light", then comes the details after words in v14..

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

is it christ?

i was wondering if maybe the v 3 light was Christ, but then i realized that nothing was made without Christ which blows that out due to v 1-2 not sure

Quote Originally Posted by seemannron View Post
    i was wondering if maybe the v 3 light was Christ, but then i realized that nothing was made without Christ which blows that out due to v 1-2 not sure
    Yeah. Jesus made the light. But, I can see the statement "Let there be light!" sounding like a conversion experience. You know, in a soul that was formless and void, God steps in and says.......... Kind of thing.

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Blog Entries
    Jesus was not created, so no.

ok why does god make light in gen 1:14 if the light made ing gen 1:3 is seen to be good, is v 3 signifying something else. or is he just creating a source of light in v 14, am i missing something here or just over thinking it?

thanks in advance for your replies
    and god bless
    ron seemann
    The light in v3 already existed v1. When God said let there be light in v3 it was because the light was hindered by the darkness v2. Hence, He divided the darkness from light v4. The light in v14 is totally unrelated. Heaven had already been created. These were other instruments of light.

Well Im sure jesus was there, John 1:1 shows that

Blog Entries
    Well Im sure jesus was there, John 1:1 shows that
    You have to be really careful with things like this. Some would say that Jesus was created before the events of Genesis 1, but created none-the-less. This is of course, wrong.

john 1:1 shows that jesus was there

Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    You have to be really careful with things like this. Some would say that Jesus was created before the events of Genesis 1, but created none-the-less. This is of course, wrong.

I don't think the OP is "did Jesus create....." I thought it was an idea that changed after asking. I may be off.

Some people believe that when God spoke the word, the Word, Jesus came into being, as the Light of the world.

Personally I think that is tripe. Jesus has always been with the Father.

When God spoke, "Let there be light", light with no physical source, but spiritual came and divided the darkness. Later on the fourth day, God created actual physical sources of light in order to keep time in the universe, for man's sake.

Blog Entries
    Ok, here we go again..........

God the father had to be before the son as this is how it usually works. First a father then a son. Scripture states that Jesus was "first born" which I would take as first born from out of God himself (Day 1). So God not being created neither was the son whereby then all things were created (Days 2-6)

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jesus the son of God is the light of the world

Now some will say the son was with God in verse Gen 1 but again a son would naturally come after the father and Jesus was "firstborn" which would support this view. In addition the son is the light but the light was not born until after God was. Note light existed not long after as this occurred within the first day.

Also some will say all things were created by the son of God which is true. However the verse says all things IN heaven and IN earth not heaven and earth itself as the light was not born until after these things.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:

Re 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 1 -

Day 1

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Day 2-6

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Gen 1 -

Day 1

Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Ge 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Ge 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Ge 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Day 2-6

All things were created by the light.

Now some may also say Jesus is the alpha and omega, beginning and the end which of course I agree I would just say the beginning is not in Gen 1:1 but verse 1:3 within the first day which could be concluded still as the beginning.

LOL! Like the scientist, everything must have an answer and should be quantified, yet the human mind can't imagine how God could have always been there and why He didn't create the earth a million years before He eventually did or wait...did I say "years"? What does that mean where it doesn't exist? How can time not exist?

Sorry but I can't imagine how something could just be always there using my mind, although I "belief" it.

But yes, it is nice to seek the unknown for "nice to know" purposes and not to determine if you want to belief or not (which isn't the case).

Blog Entries
    So, what do you guys think of the statement that God divided the light from the darkness. Obviously, this means that at one point they were conjoined.

What do you make of that?

Also, according to Scripture, the sun was created after the earth. Isn't the sun supposed to be much older than the earth? Did God create the sun with age dating factors?

Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    So, what do you guys think of the statement that God divided the light from the darkness. Obviously, this means that at one point they were conjoined.

What do you make of that?

Also, according to Scripture, the sun was created after the earth. Isn't the sun supposed to be much older than the earth? Did God create the sun with age dating factors?

I think the statement is insightful. Never thought about it before. But I don't think it is obvious that the light and darkness have ever been conjoined.

Maybe the creation story is not a factual, chronological account? The description of creation is intended to reveal something of God's character instead of giving us factual data. Just my HO.

Thread Information