cure-real
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: Religious tradition or Freedom in Christ!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The desert without water.
    Posts
    746

    Religious tradition or Freedom in Christ!

    I am so happy and filled with joy, knowing that I have freedom in Christ, I no longer have to work for His approval, I have already been approved and accepted by Him because of Jesus Christ. For so long I tried to obey Gods commands and God's word on my own and failed so many times and felt so quilty. I felt condemned, but Jesus didn't come to condemn us but to save us!!! Amen. He knows I can't obey Him in the flesh, in my own strength, which is why He gave me His Spirit!!! oh praise God!

    I should have put this in the praise thread, lol. but I wanted others to share also how Christ has set them free from religious tradition and following rules a through z, now we have a relationship with Christ and He works through us. The branch doesn't have to work to bear fruit, it just has to ABIDE in the vine, having an intimate relationship with the Savior is what matters...SWEET FREEDOM!Thank you Lord Jesus!

  2. #2
    I know exactly how you feel. When I came to truly understand God's grace through Jesus, it just brought me to tears when I realized just how much he loved me. I rejoice in your praises of Him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey USA
    Posts
    732
    Yeah, we are to live from the overflow, with an attitude of gratitude.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    1,859

    If the Son sets you Free.. you are Free Indeed!

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdaughter View Post
    I am so happy and filled with joy, knowing that I have freedom in Christ, I no longer have to work for His approval, I have already been approved and accepted by Him because of Jesus Christ. For so long I tried to obey Gods commands and God's word on my own and failed so many times and felt so quilty. I felt condemned, but Jesus didn't come to condemn us but to save us!!! Amen. He knows I can't obey Him in the flesh, in my own strength, which is why He gave me His Spirit!!! oh praise God!

    I should have put this in the praise thread, lol. but I wanted others to share also how Christ has set them free from religious tradition and following rules a through z, now we have a relationship with Christ and He works through us. The branch doesn't have to work to bear fruit, it just has to ABIDE in the vine, having an intimate relationship with the Savior is what matters...SWEET FREEDOM!Thank you Lord Jesus!

    You have passed over from Condemnation unto Eternal Life..

    Freedom in Christ! this all possible by His Sacrafice at Calvary!

    oh that people would experience that...

    the reality is....


    There are many who do not..

    and few that do...

    and for those who Do...

    He calls you Blessed!!

    If the Son set you Free, you are Free Indeed!
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    one step closer to agnosticism every day
    Posts
    9,834
    I have no idea what metaphors such as "abide in" mean.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdaughter View Post
    I am so happy and filled with joy, knowing that I have freedom in Christ, I no longer have to work for His approval, I have already been approved and accepted by Him because of Jesus Christ. For so long I tried to obey Gods commands and God's word on my own and failed so many times and felt so quilty. I felt condemned, but Jesus didn't come to condemn us but to save us!!! Amen. He knows I can't obey Him in the flesh, in my own strength, which is why He gave me His Spirit!!! oh praise God!
    Yes, as Christians we need to be constantly reminded of this Gospel truth.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey USA
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    I have no idea what metaphors such as "abide in" mean.
    Its about being in Him, living like Him continually, having His nature.

    Just as Jesus was the exact representation of the nature of God, Jesus was abiding in God or was one with God.


    If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask what ever you wish and it will be granted to you.


    Why, because if your are living like Jesus and speaking what Jesus spoke you will ask according to the Fathers will. So you will get what you ask for.

    What is imposable with man is possible with God.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    one step closer to agnosticism every day
    Posts
    9,834
    Quote Originally Posted by IsItLove? View Post
    Its about being in Him
    Its a metaphor that's lost all its meaning. Surely we're not literally inside of Jesus of Nazareth.

    Quote Originally Posted by IsItLove? View Post
    , living like Him continually
    This I understand, but I find irreconcilable with the position of "not having to work" because I "abide in him". If I have to live like Jesus, I'm going to have to work at it with dogged determination.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    3
    To abide in Him means to trust in and lean on Him.
    Do you worry about losing your job?
    Then you aren't abiding in Him, trusting that He will see to your provision.

    If you have lost your job, are you a nervous wreck as you look for a new one?
    Then you aren't abiding in Him, trusting that He will still provide for you even if it seems at the moment that He is not.

    Do you worry about your spiritual growth?
    Then you aren't abiding in Him, trusting Him that He will complete the good work He began in you but are worrying about what you must do.

    Does that help any?
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Its a metaphor that's lost all its meaning. Surely we're not literally inside of Jesus of Nazareth.


    This I understand, but I find irreconcilable with the position of "not having to work" because I "abide in him". If I have to live like Jesus, I'm going to have to work at it with dogged determination.
    He used the idea of a branch abiding in the vine to try to explain the spiritual truth of the matter. What exactly does the branch do? Does it work with dogged determination to produce fruit? No. It doesn't do anything but receive the nutrients from the vine. If at any time it became unattached from or independent from the vine, it would wither and die no matter how hard it tried to live and make fruit and no matter how dogged its determination was. It could do nothing on its own. It has to abide completely in the vine.
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    one step closer to agnosticism every day
    Posts
    9,834
    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    To abide in Him means to trust in and lean on Him.
    Trust what?
    Lean on how?

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    Do you worry about losing your job?
    Then you aren't abiding in Him, trusting that He will see to your provision.
    Every day. Its what motivates me to perform. I can't trust that God will see to my provision because it may be God's will that I starve to death in cold and agony... which will happen in spite of any action I take. God owes me nothing. However, while I'm blessed to do so, I will toil at this job, fight to keep it, and fear its loss.

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    Do you worry about your spiritual growth?
    Then you aren't abiding in Him, trusting Him that He will complete the good work He began in you but are worrying about what you must do.

    Does that help any?
    Then what are we responsible for?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    one step closer to agnosticism every day
    Posts
    9,834
    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    He used the idea of a branch abiding in the vine to try to explain the spiritual truth of the matter. What exactly does the branch do? Does it work with dogged determination to produce fruit? No. It doesn't do anything but receive the nutrients from the vine. If at any time it became unattached from or independent from the vine, it would wither and die no matter how hard it tried to live and make fruit and no matter how dogged its determination was. It could do nothing on its own. It has to abide completely in the vine.
    So to speak outside of metaphors, if my life looks nothing like Jesus, I can not be held accountable for my actions.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Trust what?
    Lean on how?

    Trust Him, not what? but Who...
    Lean on Him by trusting Him, that is how...

    Every day. Its what motivates me to perform. I can't trust that God will see to my provision because it may be God's will that I starve to death in cold and agony... which will happen in spite of any action I take. God owes me nothing. However, while I'm blessed to do so, I will toil at this job, fight to keep it, and fear its loss.

    If you cannot trust God to see to your provision, then you aren't trusting Him to do what Jesus said He will do. If you do not trust what Jesus said, then you are not abiding in Him. If you are not abiding in Him, then you are not His disciple or at the very least you are a very untrusting and faithless disciple at present.


    Then what are we responsible for?
    What are we responsible for?.......
    There is only one thing God wants from you, that you believe in the One He sent.
    But how can you say you believe in Him but you don't trust what He said to be true?
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    one step closer to agnosticism every day
    Posts
    9,834
    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    What are we responsible for?.......
    There is only one thing God wants from you, that you believe in the One He sent.
    So we can live however we want so long as we "believe" in Christ? It seems to me the kind of "belief" we're talking about is a belief that can be seen in a lifestyle. To do that requires incredible discipline and effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdiva View Post
    But how can you say you believe in Him but you don't trust what He said to be true?
    What He said and what people tell me He said are not always uniformly aligned.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    So to speak outside of metaphors, if my life looks nothing like Jesus, I can not be held accountable for my actions.
    ........I don't even know how to answer that!........
    If you abide in Him, you will become increasingly more like Him from the changes He makes inside and the spirit of things He shows you. Do you not think He will accomplish what He says He will if you only will believe Him and trust Him? It sounds as if you just assume He will fail to do what He said He will do.....
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. freedom in Christ.
    By CoffeeCat in forum Praise
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 9th 2009, 01:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •