cure-real

Thread: Concerning the Old Testament

Help Concerning the Old Testament

Hey all,

This is my first post here, but I really need to know what the answers to these 2 questions. I am having some trouble with answering them. I really appreciate your feedback!

Why does the Church maintain that the Old Testament is a necessary part of our tradition?

Is the Bible "inspired?" If so, how? What does this mean for me?

Thanks again!

Inez Ky Pop. 600 as they said on HEE HAW Salute
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekendwarrior View Post
    Hey all,

This is my first post here, but I really need to know what the answers to these 2 questions. I am having some trouble with answering them. I really appreciate your feedback!

Why does the Church maintain that the Old Testament is a necessary part of our tradition?

Thanks again!
    Good to have you on here
    1.The Old testament is a record of time and creation from the beginning and it has the prophecies of Christ's coming fore told in it ,for a couple of reasons.

2Yes, because men wrote the bible as they were given inspiration by God and there is new testament scripture that tells us all scripture is by inspiration and fit for correction,reproof and instruction.

There are those on this forum that can give a lot more reasons than I just did and I am sure they will speak up also,so enjoy yourself and read the written word.
    I was alive without the Law ,the Commandment came sin revived and I died

1. The Old Testament has more books in it then the New testament, so Christ(types and shadows and prophecy) is in the Old Testament more then the New Testament.

2. If the Bible is not "inspired", then it's a lie, and nobody can be saved from death, hell, and the grave through the instruction of the scriptures.

Quote Originally Posted by Weekendwarrior View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks again!
    Whenever you see a reference to the scriptures in the NT is is a reference to the OT. It testifies to Jesus like John the baptist did.

The teachings of Jesus and the apostles is the foundation, the standard by which everything else that comes after is judged.

If we include things that came after as part of the standard it would most likely become corrupted. That is why later texts like the gospel of Judas are rejected because of their late appearance hundreds of years after the fact and their obvious opposition to the earlier texts.
    You see Satan was busy trying to corrupt Jesus and the apostles teachings and many false teachings where written down and propagated in order to lead people away from Jesus into falsehood.

That is why there was a consul at Nicaea, to recognize the accepted texts before the knowledge of which ones where true and which where false was lost. In addition they brought together thousands of copies of each true letter and compared them for discrepancies, those that agreed in mass where accepted. Interesting thing is I believe all this is still available today.

Deuteronomy 32 is where Moses by song revealed to Israel that one day God was going to choose a new people, and also use a nation to provoke her to anger.

Romans
    10:19: But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

11: I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Deut, 32
    21: They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

24: And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.
    25: Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
    26: He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind.
    27: He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:
    Psalms 78

Why is this a main thing for the church to know? Because this was the event that God used to show Israel that they were come out of Egypt.

ch 16 / manna started
    1: And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt.
    6: And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:
    7: And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us?

8: And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.
    10: And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory the LORD appeared in the cloud.
    11: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
    12: I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.
    13: And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

31: And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.
    32: And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.
    33: And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations.
    34: As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.
    35: And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

We learn from this section of Exodus that it took 45 days (till the 15th day of the second month) for God to show Israel that she had been brought out of Egypt.

This matters because Daniel 12 shows a time that happens 45 days after a time of 1290 days (when Daniel rises).
    So after the resurrection event of the just, which occurs once the tribulation is over, will come a time of yet 45 days.
    Why will this happen?

15: According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.
    Micah 7

This chapter is how the Assyrian (an Iraqi) will come against the land of Israel - desolate it, and then after that time - he will get punished for the same length of time that it took to come out of Egypt (back in the days of Moses). The bible is clear (Exodus 16) that it took 45 days. This means the vials of Rev. 16 (the seven last plagues, that are full of the wrath of God) can be expected to last 45 days.

12: And the God that hath caused his name to dwell there destroy all kings and people, that shall put to their hand to alter and to destroy this house of God which is at Jerusalem. I Darius have made a decree; let it be done with speed.
    2 Chronicles 5

I find it so cool that God actually placed His name on the holy site.
    It was done in the days of Solomon. (1 Kings)
    9:3: And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

Nehemiah chapter 1
    9: But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.

Psalms 74
    7: They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground.
    So Babylonians actually tromped their feet on God's name.

Thread Information