cure-real

Thread: Demonic Attacks

Demonic Attacks

I love looking at my life in retrospect and then labeling years. And maybe this will help you understand who I was before I truely found Christ.
    2002 - Found First True love.
    2003 - Year of Selfishness (left love, found more, and more and more.)
    2004 - Year of New things (mostly drugs and moved to NYC)
    2005 - Highest highs, laughter, parties... "TOO MUCH FUN"
    2006 - Year of consiquince, murder, lonliness, alcoholism, doubt, hate.
    2007 - Year of cleansing. clearing out the rubish. realization. buddha..
    2008 - Year of reconstruction and rebuilding a new life with first love.
    2009 - Year of demonic attack and God.

Turns out that you can play with the devil for years and years and things might feel okay, but in 2007 I got rid of everything (drugs, drinking etc) that was holding me back from growing as a person. I found yoga and peace...and basically gutted out the evil things that were dragging me down. Little did I know that when you get rid of those things is when the devil is more likely to torment you. See...even though I had stopped all of those things that satan loved, I never replaced them with God. I was not christian, but believed in a God, had never really read the Bible and didn't really believe Jesus was the messiah. I basically was a clean slate which is Satans FAVORITE type of PERSON!!

So here we go. This is going to be really difficult and I might even have to stop and pick back up some other time because the experience I had this year was extremely traumitizing and has changed my entire life, has changed me inside and out as a person, changed everything I know just about. I know it sounds intense, but really, in retrospect, it was the best experience of my life because it brought me to God. And I know now that was His plan all along.

Before I get into the meat of the story let me inform everyone that might not know, I have had vivid dreams of satan and demons my whole life, and I know he has always been close to me and in control of me and those dreams have always effected me horribly. I want to say firstly I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DREAMS AND REALITY. Especially THESE dreams, because I have experienced them my whole life. What happened to me was NOT a dream.

About a week before these experiences happened I had decided to randomly pick up a bible to see what it was all about. I guess this made satan angry.

The night was just like every other night and my husband and I went to bed, it was an average night and we both had to wake up for work the next day. The first thing that happened was the most realistic dream I've ever had, satan was on top of the bed choking me and my husband and laughing, he asked me if I believed in God and I said "YES!" I started thrashing all over the bed and woke up to me kicking, choking and in a panic. My husband shook me until my paralysis wore off and I asked him if he was okay, he said he was fine.

I lied there terrified to fall back asleep, a couple minutes later i took a deep breath and felt hot burning air creeping down my throat, i uncontrollably sat STRAIGHT up and let out a scream. I basically felt him crawling inside of me.

The days that followed I didn't eat much, I was feeling very ill and suffered dramatically from post traumatic stress. I refused to go into my bedroom, i didn't sleep, i couldn't stay in my house, couldn't be in a dark room or in the dark. couldn't be in a car at night. My husband said I basically changed into another person, especially when it would get dark out. I could still feel satan following me. I started reading the Bible more but found it very difficult to trust God and put all of my faith in Him. I thought I was possesed my demons and there was no way God could help me anymore.

One night I told my husband that Satan would never leave me alone unless he too repented with me and believed Jesus was our savior. We got into a huge argument because I was basically accusing him of not having faith and that was why I was attacked. I felt like i was going crazy and I didn't know who I was anymore, I told him if he didn't start trying to believe in Jesus that I was leaving him. I packed a bag and was going to my moms but decided to give it one more night.

The following night I had appologized and decided that I was going to ignore what had happened to me and pretend like it was a dream. All I wanted to do was pretend like it never happened, pretend like it wasn't real even though I knew 100% that it was, my husband didn't believe me so I started to not believe me too.

We were sitting on the couch and I was trying not to think about it and was writing checks and paying bills when all of a sudden it happened. It started with a smell and it forced me upright, i couldn't breath, my mouth went completely dry and i knew he was back. My husband asked what's wrong? I said "do you smell that? I can't breathe..." basically i started to panic because I could sense him. We sat there a while as I described to him how i felt he tried to talk me out of it, i told him i had to leave i was going to my moms and suddenly he felt it. he felt pressure on his throat and was terrified.

Right then and there I knew the only way we would get this thing out of our house and lives was to open our hearts to Jesus and command it to leave. My husband for the first time in his life accepted Christ with me and we opened our hearts and demanded the demon to leave our house and our lives.

I cannot even begin to tell you HOW MUCH my life has changed since then. I have had no nightmares of satan, I have a neverending THIRST AND HUNGER for God's word. I can't get enough knowledge of Jesus! Everyday since then I have clung to my bible just craving every single word. My outlook on life is so fresh. My depression and anxiety i've delt with my whole life is almost non existant and extremely easy to deal with knowing that Jesus is protecting me.

I feel like my whole experience is one of those extreme cases you rarely hear of but it is soo hard to talk about!!! I wish I could tell everyone my story and I wish it would help them realize that Jesus IS our savior but unfortunatly demonic attacks aren't very believable to a lot of people. I still feel alone because I haven't found anyone else that has had these experiences but I am SOOO GREATFUL that God allowed it to happen. If He hadn't allowed it I would have never been brought to all the Glory and Beauty and PEACE that He has given me!!! I will praise Him all the days of my life forever for saving me from satan and posession.

There are some things I left out of this story I realize now reading back on it, but I tried to keep it short and easy...

Thank you Jesus for saving me and loving me. Without you I am nothing, I will always praise you forever. Amen

Thank you for sharing your testimony. Our is God is our savior. I love him so much too. Those who are forgiven much, love much!

Very awesome testimony, thanks for sharing! Keep your eyes open for ways that God may use you to further His kingdom in the days to come. The fact that Satan tried to hold you back for so long seems to indicate that God has some big things in store for you in the future. Keep soaking up God's word and basking in His presence, and I'm sure He'll do great things in you!
    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
    they will be discovered for who they really are,
    and the world will be appalled.
    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
    - David Terry

My Testimony

I cannot even begin to tell you HOW MUCH my life has changed since then. I have had no nightmares of satan, I have a neverending THIRST AND HUNGER for God's word. I can't get enough knowledge of Jesus! Everyday since then I have clung to my bible just craving every single word. My outlook on life is so fresh. My depression and anxiety i've delt with my whole life is almost non existant and extremely easy to deal with knowing that Jesus is protecting me.

I feel like my whole experience is one of those extreme cases you rarely hear of but it is soo hard to talk about!!! I wish I could tell everyone my story and I wish it would help them realize that Jesus IS our savior but unfortunatly demonic attacks aren't very believable to a lot of people. I still feel alone because I haven't found anyone else that has had these experiences but I am SOOO GREATFUL that God allowed it to happen. If He hadn't allowed it I would have never been brought to all the Glory and Beauty and PEACE that He has given me!!! I will praise Him all the days of my life forever for saving me from satan and posession.

Your story is highly believable to me, and you were a victim of Poltergeist attacks. These entities are dangerous and I truly believe they are the same (types of) fallen angels in Genesis 6. Although you are married, I bet dollars to donuts that you are still very young yet, as the women these "sons of God" married in Genesis 6 were also young. Teenage girls and young women especially seem to be targets of these deplorable entities. In addition, similar paranormal activity is related to this phenomenon. For example, this is why you hear of "aliens" doing "reproductive experiments"--- The stories have Genesis 6 written all over them.

It is good you found the Jesus Christ as your Savior, but I would caution you to continue growing in knowledge of His Word so that you can remain strong in your faith. That means, for example, sitting down and starting a bible reading program thru in a year. Then when you are done, do that a few more times. As you mature in knowledge, do some detailed study with bible commentaries, sources and whatnot. After awhile, your knowledge in Him will give you an aura of confidence that will keep demons at bay. In other words, after a marvelous deliverance like that, it is possible to get comfortable and backslide again unless you keep at it. They hate knowledge and rather have people in ignorant darkness. And they feed off of negative emotions--- anger, rage, depression and anxiety. But in the 50 years of my life, I found that more and more knowledge keeps negative thoughts at a minimum.

Good luck and God bless.

Blog Entries
    Praising our Mighty Savior for HIS love, mercy and compassion on us, HIS Chosen....God bless you and keep the Faith strong.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

This thread scares me. Ive had these experiences as well.

Judging from your Avatar, you appear young as well, thus proving what I stated earlier. The Genesis 6 incidents. Hope things are better for you these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cindylou View Post
    Really? do you have a testimony link? It makes me feel relieved to read about others similar experiences, helps me to realize I'm really NOT loosing my mind and going completely crazy..haha :0)

Re: Demonic Attacks

Your testimony was very encouraging--even the short version you posted. You're right, the Lord had mercy on you and used the enemy to draw you to Himself. The Lord was willing to do whatever it took to draw you to Himself because He loves you so much. In spite of the difficulty of your situation, you are blessed!

I've experienced some horrible nightmares as well. I'd heard of the "being pressed down/unable to move" variety, but I myself never experienced that until last summer. A friend gave me the tip of next time yell out Jesus. 2 weeks later following the summer nightmare I had another one.

I went several months without one, but coincidentally, had my 3rd last night. It was very scary. The enemy was holding me, I couldn't move, and he had a hammer in his hand. He swiped it at my head several times, missing by just an inch each time. He was deliberately having fun at my expense. I couldn't move. After 5 swipes I remembered to yell JESUS! and then I woke up immediately.

Now, I'm a little terrified, to be honest. One thing I've held on today from before I knew Christ was horror movies. I always enjoyed horror movies as mindless popcorn entertainment. However, I think I'll be giving them up or at the most, only watching them a few times a year as my conscience will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by riotgrrrl582 View Post
    I love looking at my life in retrospect and then labeling years. And maybe this will help you understand who I was before I truely found Christ.
    2002 - Found First True love.
    2003 - Year of Selfishness (left love, found more, and more and more.)
    2004 - Year of New things (mostly drugs and moved to NYC)
    2005 - Highest highs, laughter, parties... "TOO MUCH FUN"
    2006 - Year of consiquince, murder, lonliness, alcoholism, doubt, hate.
    2007 - Year of cleansing. clearing out the rubish. realization. buddha..
    2008 - Year of reconstruction and rebuilding a new life with first love.
    2009 - Year of demonic attack and God.
    My years, especially since high school were as follows;
    1999 - End of high school, fall into limbo. Realization of no more dances, no more "hugs, not drugs" stuff, depression that sent me to the police every time I was down.
    2000 - Terrible year! My grandfather passed away of complications with emphysema, which eventually sent me to the police with a note written by me claiming that I had killed him, because I didn't try to revive him. Then more trouble for visiting acquaintances near my old high school, and then subsequent wrath against the student who got me in trouble.
    2001 - Love and intimacy year. Found/met first girlfriend. Despite a few bumps in the beginning, it was a nice year.
    2002 - Year of a broken heart. Dumped by girlfriend, massive depression, feelings of total rejection by society.
    2003 - Biking year. Rode Illinois Prairie path to several destinations. Few people in outer suburbs nice at all. Met second girlfriend, only to be dumped by her.
    2004 - The realization year. First trip to Florida. Discarded from multiple social gatherings (in Illinois), treated like dirt in society, including at a pumpkin fest in a rural town (in Illinois). Illinois found to be seemingly endless social desert.
    2005 - A bit more social of a year.
    2006 - Unsocial in Illinois year. Went to New York City, experience (in New York City) tells me Illinois is the social desert capital of North america, making me feel a lot worse. I withdraw from society all over Illinois, only open up during family trips in Wisconsin.
    2007 - Home improvement year.
    2008 - Crash year! Numerous incidents involving socializing and involvement of past social heartaches lead me to think that socializing between males and females at school, mingling with new people in public, and public display of affection, are illegal in Illinois, and that all are punishable by prison time. Therefore, I withdraw even farther. I also had horrible thoughts of "even God Himself could never, ever get my parents to let me take a solo vacation." Lots of hopelessness.
    2009 - First solo vacation year. Not so nice beginning, but improvement later on, as I went to Fort Myers, Florida for first time.
    2010 - Mixed bag year. Went to Fort Myers again. But then disaster with 2 sewage floods in basement, one to 18 inches deep, $10,000+ damage to house and furnishings, feelings hurt by slanderous gossip by Wisconsin bartender.
    2011 - "Fair" year. First without boat party/hay ride, financial scare in April. Great Fort Myers trip, however.
    2012 (so far) - Despair year. Despite warm weather in March, I go nowhere by myself. Religious depression hits like piledriver, making me feel worthless, empty, sad, and beyond heartbroken. Especially thoughts of remarriage being a totally unforgiveable sin.

Blog Entries

Thank you riotgrrrl for sharing this awesome testimony. When He wants to make something happen, he does just that. What a picture of His Glory. His thoughts and plans are so above our limited understanding!

Peace to you!

Psalms 36:5
    Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

I just wanted to let some of you know that there is a condition called "Sleep paralysis" (something I suffer from as well) that may explain some of the very weird and horrific happenings that happen at night while sleeping. I am not saying anyone here is NOT experiencing demonic attacks, but I did at least want to educate you on a medical problem where in short, because of a chemical imbalance, your body is asleep but your brain is still awake.... a condition that may be interpreted wrong in some instances.

For me, while I DO get the extreme sense of foreboding normally talked about with this condition, I have never gotten the evil being sitting on me or choking me, but I do hear an extremely LOUD buzzing in my ears. These episodes last for a few minutes or until I can somehow either spasm out of it, or if my husband touches me.

Unfortunately, one of my sons also has this disorder.

Read more here from Wiki, or by doing a google search and finding TONS of info on this disorder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people , either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. More formally, it is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions (e.g. an intruder in the room), to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.[1][2] When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neuromuscular disorder narcolepsy.[2]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riotgrrrl582 View Post
    The following night I had appologized and decided that I was going to ignore what had happened to me and pretend like it was a dream. All I wanted to do was pretend like it never happened, pretend like it wasn't real even though I knew 100% that it was, my husband didn't believe me so I started to not believe me too.
    I believe you. I believe your story 100%!

Lots of people don't believe in the demonic, because they have no experience with it, but Satan would have it no other way. He likes to stay hidden from at least some people, to create the situation of doubt in a person's mind as to the reality of the situation, even our own minds.

There was a time that I thought I was certifiably crazy, that what I was seeing or experiencing wasn't real, so I know what you're talking about in that respect!

Thank you Jesus for saving me and loving me. Without you I am nothing, I will always praise you forever. Amen
    Hallelujah times infinity!
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Blog Entries

You are not alone sister. I was possessed twice by a demon trying to sit on God's throne. His glory (deceit) was short lived. I'm going to post my testimony on this forum if you care to read it. God bless!

Thread Information