cure-real
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Third Temple

The Third Temple

Where in scripture would you find the prophecy of the restoration of the Jewish Temple? Reference to the building of the third temple.

Jesus prophesied this of the second Herod temple that shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Where in scripture would you find the prophecy of the restoration of the Jewish Temple? Reference to the building of the third temple.

Jesus prophesied this of the second Herod temple that shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
    Daniel 9:20-25 where the anti-Christ reigns during the tribulation. A third temple has to be built for this and the Jews have one ready to go up now but a mosque is on the temple site. According to those verses the anti-Christ desecrates the temple and moves to another location - perhaps Babylon but that is just a guess.

The temple will go up.

Where in scripture would you find the prophecy of the restoration of the Jewish Temple?
    There is none. God will never require a temple made with hands again.
    (Rev 21:22 [KJV])
    And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

The 3rd temple is already built. It is built with living stones(us), with Christ being the cheif cornerstone.

No physical temple will ever be built in relation to the puppose of God. If it was to be, it would be without any relation to God and His purpose. It would be nothing more than a building. Like Empire state building, St Paul Cathedral, etc... All has been fulfilled in Christ. We don't need to wait for anything else!

all the best...

There is not a single prophecy in Scripture concerning a third temple building.

Scripture consistently maintains that God's third and final temple is the Church itself. I encourage you to jump into Paul's letters and read up what he says concerning the temple of God.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apostle View Post
    Daniel 9:20-25 where the anti-Christ reigns during the tribulation. A third temple has to be built for this and the Jews have one ready to go up now but a mosque is on the temple site. According to those verses the anti-Christ desecrates the temple and moves to another location - perhaps Babylon but that is just a guess.

The temple will go up.
    I don't see any reference to a temple in Daniel 9:20-25

The only reference that I see in the bible is 2 Thess:
    2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

However I believe a wider interpretation of this is possible, if the antichrist declares himself god on the temple grounds, this would fulfil the verse. The Greek could be translated as being in the Most Holy place of God. If any place is the most holy place of God, it still is the temple mount.

The temple may be built, but I do not see that it is biblically necessary. And if it is built, I don't think God would regard it as a holy place, just because Jews built it. This age , sacrifices are unnecessary, it is the age of grace through Christ's sacrifice.

Beckrl:
    Where in scripture would you find the prophecy of the restoration of the Jewish Temple?
    Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 require a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem during the coming tribulation.

It will coexist with the church like the second temple did (Luke 24:53).

Reference to the building of the third temple.
    There is no need for a reference to the building process itself. The ultra-Orthodox Jews will build it without God commanding them to. A false miracle-working ultra-Orthodox Jewish "Messiah" could give the command to build it. Because it will be built under the auspices of the Mosaic law, which is still holy (Romans 7:12), the third temple will be holy.

The Wailing Wall, part of the second temple complex, still stands. Luke 19:44 requires that every wall in Jerusalem will be destroyed in the future. This could occur at the very end of the coming tribulation, right before the return of Jesus (Zechariah 14:2-5).

Blog Entries
    From what I've heard, many Jews say the Third Temple will be built by Moschiach.

Quote Originally Posted by losthorizon View Post
    There is none. God will never require a temple made with hands again.
    (Rev 21:22 [KJV])
    And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    Does the scripture you have given not refere to the New Jerusalem that comes down from God out of heaven, after the millenium?

Firstfruits

John measured for a temple - one without the outer court area the same as in the past.

Rev. 11
    1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    3: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
    4: These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The measuring time comes before a holy item is made. God reveals the pattern to someone.

Exodus 25
    8: And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
    9: According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

1 Chronicles
    11: Then David gave to Solomon his son the pattern of the porch, and of the houses thereof, and of the treasuries thereof, and of the upper chambers thereof, and of the inner parlours thereof, and of the place of the mercy seat,
    18: And for the altar of incense refined gold by weight; and gold for the pattern of the chariot of the cherubims, that spread out their wings, and covered the ark of the covenant of the LORD.
    19: All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern.

Acts 7
    44: Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.

Hebrews 8
    5: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

1 Kings 8

29: That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place.

Blog Entries
    The third temple will be built in Babylon whereby the Little Horn will sit.

In Iraq (Babylon) the little horn will honour others.

Daniel 11
    21: And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

38: But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Psalms
    9:17: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

12:8: The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

15:4 a vile person is contemned

Blog Entries
    With all due respect to those who disagree . . .

It is clear that whenever YHWH accomplishes any initiative, certain patterns of activity can be found always in Holy Scripture for our learning. This is especially the case where earthly, physical temple/tabernacles are concerned.

Indeed, there is no case of earthly, physical temple/tabernacle construction where there has not been spiritual, prophetic POWER supplied for the construction. Not one.

Therefore, this can be identified as a pattern of YHWH.

Thus, the post below has to be called into question:

Quote Originally Posted by gringo300 View Post
    From what I've heard, many Jews say the Third Temple will be built by Moschiach.
    Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    Does the scripture you have given not refere to the New Jerusalem that comes down from God out of heaven, after the millenium?

Firstfruits
    What “millennium” do you refer to? And yes the passage pertains to the New Jerusalem and the point remains - God will never require a temple made with hands again. The church remains His temple today – Christians are the living stones. The materialistic view we see floated is some quarters is a misinterpretation of God’s revelation.

God forever put His name on the holy site. God can have more than one temple. The church is a spiritual temple. In Daniel 9, when he was praying as to the sanctuary being desolate, Gabriel soon came to him and showed him the future happenings as to that sanctuary location.

17: Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.

Daniel 9

24: Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Thread Information