Thread: Did Adam and Eve's nature actually change after "the fall"?

Did Adam and Eve's nature actually change after "the fall"?

Was the predisposition of Adam and Eve before their first sin any different than our predisposition to sin now? Adam and Eve were tempted by what was wrong and they gave in to the temptation- they sinned, in the same manner that we do now. Did their nature/predisposition to sin really change after this event?

Going along with the last question, what exactly caused the world to be considered a sinful place after the Fall? Was it simply because the first sin had then been committed (thus the world gained a history with sin) or did something about human nature or the world actually change that caused it/us to be sinful? Did something happen TO Adam and Eve or TO the world that caused it/us to be intrinsically different?

Blog Entries
    Of course with questions like this it is hard to find clear biblical answers so some of what we might think/feel may be speculative. I think from Adam and Eve's perspective we find that sin changed their relationship with God. They knew they were wrong and were ashamed. It created a rift in the relationship as evidenced by their hiding from God. We know that all of creation was effected because man had to work the earth.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

There are two things that changed in Adam and Eve after they sinned by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

After they sinned, these two things changed in their nature.

1. The realized they were naked.

2. The became aware of good and evil.

When a baby is born and up to about 2 or 3 years old, they can walk naked and not be aware they are naked. Same thing for knowledge of good and evil. It is written:

Deut 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

The nature that we have today is the nature that Jesus took upon himself. Again it is written:

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David (not of Adam before the fall)according to the flesh;

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

1 Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Shalom

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    We know that all of creation was effected because man had to work the earth.
    How does man having to work mean all creation was effected? What scripture says all creation was effected by Adam's sin (Not Romans 8 - read it again carefully)? The ground was curse to not yield food easily and man was separated from the tree of life to physically die. That's what it says. The ground curse was lifted with Noah (means rest). Work is not the curse. Very hard work in vain was the curse. God didn't create man in His image to sit around eat fruit and sip water and waste the image of God.
    Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
    Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
    Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
    Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Strong
    H5647
    ‛âbad

A primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.: - X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour (-ing man), bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve (-ing, self), (be, become) servant (-s), do (use) service, till (-er), transgress [from margin], (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petey View Post
    Was the predisposition of Adam and Eve before their first sin any different than our predisposition to sin now?
    I don't think so. What makes us different than they?

Going along with the last question, what exactly caused the world to be considered a sinful place after the Fall? Was it simply because the first sin had then been committed (thus the world gained a history with sin) or did something about human nature or the world actually change that caused it/us to be sinful? Did something happen TO Adam and Eve or TO the world that caused it/us to be intrinsically different?
    The world didn't change after the fall. Rather, God removed Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, where the couple had access to plentiful food, to a place where Adam was required to toil and work to sustain his life.

Did something happen TO Adam and Eve or TO the world that caused it/us to be intrinsically different?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior to the fall in the Garden, Adam and Eve were to Live Forever.. until their disobedience... as the serpent beguiled Eve... and they did what they were not suppose to...

what happened after that? what entered in, as a Result of that and changed everything?

Its a five letter word called 'DEATH'..

Adam and Eve eventually physically died.. as does every human being..

death was a result of sin...

death was never apart of the equation...

and 'death' became an enemy of God.. and it will be the 'last enemy' to be dealt with in the End..

there is coming a time when there will be 'no more death at all'.. he that hath ears let him hear........... all this accomplished and made available thru Christ.. as He has Reconciled Man back to God thru His Sacrafice of Himself.. His Shed blood, innocent and pure.. and not only man but the 'sin's of the world.. so that in the end.. when all His Enemies are made His Footsool.. this includes death itself, He can deliver up the Kingdom to the Father.. and then God will be in all and thru all..

there will be no more sin, no more death, no more decay, no more disease, etc... just like it was suppose to be in the Garden.

what changed in Adam and Eve? and what changed in the world..??? you ask?

Death entered in... but in the future... even that will be but a passing memory and it will be rememberd no more..

this all accomplished and made possible by the One who did it all.. on that Bloody Tree... when He cried... It is Finished...

amen and amen..
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Was the predisposition of Adam and Eve before their first sin any different than our predisposition to sin now?
    Before or after being born again?

[QUOTE=Petey;2308183]Was the predisposition of Adam and Eve before their first sin any different than our predisposition to sin now? Adam and Eve were tempted by what was wrong and they gave in to the temptation- they sinned, in the same manner that we do now. Did their nature/predisposition to sin really change after this event?

QUOTE]

Let me ask you a question. Does a Christian who has been regenerated have the same urge to sin as the unbeliever? Or has their been a change to hate evil and love good? I find it hard to believe that Adam's inclination to sin before his fall was the same as Paul's before his conversion.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Blog Entries
    How does man having to work mean all creation was effected
    In Gen 3:17-19 it talks of the ground being cursed. This tells me that somehow creation was affected. When the new heaven and earth are talked about it is yet a different picture than we have now.

I probably should have been more clear in that man has to work harder (by sweat of our brow) rather than the absence of work.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

In Gen 3:17-19 it talks of the ground being cursed. This tells me that somehow creation was affected.
    The curse on only the ground was specific to yielding food. This would naturally effect every living thing but not all creation was cursed, just the ground and how it would yield food. Noah, who's name means rest, comforted (repented) mankind from his hard work and toil because it was through Noah that God started over.
    Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

nâcham
    naw-kham'
    A primitive root; properly to sigh, that is, breathe strongly; by implication to be sorry, that is, (in a favorable sense) to pity, console or (reflexively) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself): - comfort (self), ease [one’s self], repent (-er, -ing, self).
    God removed the curse on the ground through Noah.
    Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
    When the new heaven and earth are talked about it is yet a different picture than we have now.
    1. We had the garden but the garden was not the world, just the garden, and the garden is no more.
    2. We are not told anything about the new earth. We don't have a picture. If you mean "no death", that is said about "the world" before Adam sinned but we know the earth and natural/earthy man (that came first before the spiritual) were created corruptible seed with life in itself (life cycle) bringing forth fruit of itself -Genesis 1- and God said it was very good. Adam needed the tree of life to escape natural earthy corruption.

Thread Information