cure-real

Thread: How does one give him COMPLETE self to God?

How does one give him COMPLETE self to God?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    "Take my Life and let it be, all for you, and for your glory. Take my life and let it be yours"-Steve Fee

My home Church: NPCC

No idea what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingGodNGa View Post
    Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    From the side of the law you can't, it's impossible.
    From the side of the Gospel, you don't have to but you will want to. It is that desire that will carry you.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

How do you give yourself to your family? To your friends? By spending time with them.

We will never be perfect or even close to it. That's where grace comes in- Jesus died for our sins to be taken and laid down at the cross. Forgiven by God.
    God is love and will love us no matter what where or who we are. The most commandment tells us to love our God with our everything. I believe that although this appears quite simple ( which is it) it's a difficult thing to do. By doing this i believe you need an inward change which subsequently allows you to follow the rest of the commandments. For example if we see how much Jesus loved us, how can we disobey our parents. Yes at times we wil get angry at them but we must show them our respect and love which comes from God.
    God is love and as followers of Christ we must show love in situations where love would not be shown by others in our world.
    So to give ourselves to God (for me) wemust have a personal relationship with Him to discover, rediscover and get to know Him. We must fill our life with Godly things such as Christian friends, Christian books whatever else is in your life should be there to bring Him Glory!
    Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life'

John 8:12

PRAY FOR MIEKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    No idea what this means.
    Having become completely honest with myself lately, I have come to the conclusion that I have trouble trusting God with everything. How would one go about doing such? I feel terrible that that is the case, but was sitting in my car yesterday, and it just came into my head that, that is in fact the issue.
    "Take my Life and let it be, all for you, and for your glory. Take my life and let it be yours"-Steve Fee

My home Church: NPCC

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingGodNGa View Post
    Having become completely honest with myself lately, I have come to the conclusion that I have trouble trusting God with everything. How would one go about doing such? I feel terrible that that is the case, but was sitting in my car yesterday, and it just came into my head that, that is in fact the issue.
    I guess what I meant was I have no idea what "complete self" means.
    There will always be a seperation between what we want and what God's will is. Sometimes being obedient means doing something decidedly inconvenient. But in my experience there is simply no instantaneous complete surrender to God's will. It is a lifelong process of aligning yourself with obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    How do you give yourself to your family? To your friends? By spending time with them.
    When i came into this thread my mind was spinning and churning to come up with a indepth answer. Upon reading your response i realized it wasnt necessary. That is well put.

Its an area the Christian most often struggles (and may not even know it). Misappropriation of time with God leads to us wandering off the path before long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Thread Information