Hello Moonglow, Very good post, But, It don’t say they are coming saying “THEY ARE CHRIST” Jesus is talking, --They are coming in Jesus name, (representing Jesus) Saying “Jesus is Christ.” (Their message is “Jesus is Christ”)He was right on this..it happened then and has all through our church history.
The Adam Clarke Commentary
Verse 4. Take heed that no man deceive you.
The world is full of deceivers, and it is only by taking heed to the counsel of Christ that even his followers can escape being ruined by them. From this to Matthew 24:31, our Lord mentions the signs which should precede his coming.
The FIRST sign is false Christs.
Verse 5. For many shall come in my name
1. Josephus says, (War, b. ii. c. 13,) that there were many who, pretending to Divine inspiration, deceived the people, leading out numbers of them to the desert, pretending that God would there show them the signs of liberty, meaning redemption from the Roman power: and that an Egyptian false prophet led 30,000 men into the desert, who were almost all cut off by Felix. See Acts 21:38. It was a just judgment for God to deliver up that people into the hands of false Christs who had rejected the true one. Soon after our Lord's crucifixion, Simon Magus appeared, and persuaded the people of Samaria that he was the great power of God, Acts 8:9,10; and boasted among the Jews that he was the son of God.
2. Of the same stamp and character was also Dositheus, the Samaritan, who pretended that he was the Christ foretold by Moses.
3. About twelve years after the death of our Lord, when Cuspius Fadus was procurator of Judea, arose an impostor of the name of Theudas, who said he was a prophet, and persuaded a great multitude to follow him with their best effects to the river Jordan, which he promised to divide for their passage; and saying these things, says Josephus, he deceived many: almost the very words of our Lord.
4. A few years afterwards, under the reign of Nero, while Felix was procurator of Judea, impostors of this stamp were so frequent that some were taken and killed almost every day. Jos. Ant. b. xx. c. 4. and 7.
List of people who have claimed to be Jesus
* Jim Jones - Claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus, Akhenaten, Buddha, Lenin, and Father Divine.  Organized a mass murder suicide at Jonestown, Guyana.
* David Koresh - Born Vernon Wayne Howell, was the leader of a Branch Davidian religious sect, proclaimed that he was "the Son of God, the Lamb.
* Marshall Applewhite - Applewhite posted a famous Usenet message declaring, "I, Jesus—Son of God—acknowledge on this date of September 25/26, 1995: ...". This was two years before he and his Heaven's Gate cult committed suicide to rendezvous with a spaceship hiding behind the comet Hale-Bopp.
* Inri Cristo - A Brazilian man who claims to be the second Jesus.
* Hong Xiuquan – Self-proclaimed "little brother" of Jesus Christ. He formed an army that fought in the Taiping Rebellion, which ultimately caused the deaths of over 25 million people.
* Ahn Sang-hong – South Korean man worshiped by World Mission Society Church of God
* José Luis de Jesús Miranda – Organizer of Growing in Grace who claims that the resurrected Christ "integrated himself within me".
* Sun Myung Moon – Founder of the Unification Church, who considers himself the second coming of Christ, but not Jesus himself.
* Jung Myung Seok – Founder of Providence Church, who also considers himself the second coming of Christ, but not Jesus himself.
* Ariffin Mohamed – Also known as "Ayah Pin", the founder of the banned Sky Kingdom in Malaysia. He claims to be the incarnation of Jesus, as well as Muhammad, Shiva, and Buddha.
* Ayya Vaikundar – According to Akilattirattu Ammanai, the scripture of Ayyavazhi, Narayana, who was one among the trinity in Vaikundar was the one who incarnated as Jesus.
* Matayoshi Jesus – In 1997 he established the World Economic Community Party based on his conviction that he is the God and Christ.
* Apollo C. Quiboloy – A Filipino pastor who claims to be the Christ. He has also marked Bro. Eli Soriano as being condemned to hell.
* Arnold Potter - Schismatic Latter Day Saint leader; called himself "Potter Christ".
* Charles Manson – Founder of The Family.
* Sergei Torop – a Russian who claims to be "reborn" as Vissarion, the returned Jesus Christ. He founded the Church of the Last Testament and the spiritual community Ecopolis Tiberkul in Southern Siberia.
* Georges-Ernest Roux – Founder of the Universal Christian Church, now named Universal Alliance, clamed to be Jesus, then God, called the "Christ of Montfavet" or "Georges-Christ".
* Suma Ching Hai - A meditation teacher who claims to be an incarnation of Avalokitesvara and a living reincarnation of the Buddha and Jesus Christ.
* John Nichols Thom - Cornishman who claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and his body temple of the Holy Ghost. He was killed by British soldiers at the Battle of Bossenden Wood, on May 31, 1838 in Kent, England.
more at the link.
Mt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. TWTaylor