cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pray For Sleep

Pray For Sleep

I ask that you pray God will send me restful sleep. I have been battling some serious health problems for several months causing me pain and I can't sleep well at all. The only time I sleep is when I take both Vicodin and Restoril (a prescription sleeping pill), both of which are addictive if used long term. I also have to use benadryl and melatonin which are non prescription sleep aids. I am cutting back dose on these to try to get off them and sleep is pretty much impossible.

I pray continuously that God will heal me, but so far He has not.

Thanks for the prayers.

I am praying that God will show you what might help. I know that sometimes all we can do is pray, but I know that I myself always want to help things along. And if there is anything you can do to help, I pray God shows you.

I understand the part where you say, "but so far He has not." I have/had cancer and was really bad sick about 2 years ago. It was for me a very incredible experience. The pain was intense and lasted for months. Non-stop pain. I guess everyone responds a little differently, but for a while there I was not handling it as well as I should. Lost 30 lbs. (150 to 120) in less than 2 months on the "I think I'm dying diet". It was not until I accepted the fact that God could leave me in the state if that was His purpose, that He finally allowed the healing to begin. And even then it was (and continues to be) gradual. So all I can say is "Hang on." Relief will eventually come one way or another. I am praying this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

So what do you do while your not sleeping? Any hobbies?

I can sure relate, bountyhunter, and will pray that the LORD delivers you from this sleeplessness.

I also agree, from experience, that you need to get completely away from the Benadryl, which is not good .

Sure am and will be praying for the LORD's leading and deliverance in this.

I just sent up a prayer for you.

As for "so far He has not" my Daddy was diagnosed with what was supposed to be a terminal cancerous brain tumor. He had chemo, radiation, surgery, etc...a year later it came back. He started a new chemo, a new..never before nationally tried chemo regimine. Here we are facing year 3. He is tired and not as strong as before the tumor...but he laughs, loves, travels, lives...LIVES...God didn't say "Boom, thou art healed!" His recovery has and is taking years.......but it is a miracle from God that he is here and doing sooooooo well. (BTW: We had a HUGE prayer going for him in many churches and states for many, many months!)

*They had to leave bits of the tumor behind to preserve his ability to speak. We were told that those bits would regenerate tumor. There was not "could develop" it was "would develop" and they did a year later. However, the last chemo zapped it and miraculous MRI after miraculous MRI show no signs of it happening again. To GOD be the glory!

I have to remind myself......God doesn't say, "Here is the answer to your prayer" in a precise number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years according to man's timepiece, but instead His own. We have to develop patience with our faith. I am speaking to both of us!

Hope tonight is restful. I am praying for you my friend!

SAVED!
    Last edited by Saved!; Jan 1st 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Blog Entries
    Praying for your peaceful sleep and healing.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I am praying that God will show you what might help. I know that sometimes all we can do is pray, but I know that I myself always want to help things along. And if there is anything you can do to help, I pray God shows you.

I understand the part where you say, "but so far He has not." I have/had cancer and was really bad sick about 2 years ago. It was for me a very incredible experience. The pain was intense and lasted for months. Non-stop pain. I guess everyone responds a little differently, but for a while there I was not handling it as well as I should. Lost 30 lbs. (150 to 120) in less than 2 months on the "I think I'm dying diet". It was not until I accepted the fact that God could leave me in the state if that was His purpose, that He finally allowed the healing to begin. And even then it was (and continues to be) gradual. So all I can say is "Hang on." Relief will eventually come one way or another. I am praying this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

So what do you do while your not sleeping? Any hobbies?
    Mostly I sit at the computer posting prayers for other people...... sometimes I wish there were more prayers to do. In the middle of the night, it makes me feel like I am doing something positive and gets my mind off my problems.

Thank you for the words about healing, I certainly hope you are all well now. Like you, I am not handling the pain as I should. I wish I had stronger faith, but the flesh is weak and I whine sometimes like all humans do. I have had severe back problems in my life and I actually can tolerate high levels of pain, but the not sleeping really tears me apart mentally and physically.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SFASH View Post
    I can sure relate, bountyhunter, and will pray that the LORD delivers you from this sleeplessness.

I also agree, from experience, that you need to get completely away from the Benadryl, which is not good .

Sure am and will be praying for the LORD's leading and deliverance in this.
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved! View Post
    I just sent up a prayer for you.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved! View Post
    I have to remind myself......God doesn't say, "Here is the answer to your prayer" in a precise number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years according to man's timepiece, but instead His own. We have to develop patience with our faith. I am speaking to both of us!
    I certainly agree. I do wish I had more patience and stronger faith, but I have been sick for several months and sometimes it seems as if there is no end to the black tunnel. I wish I was a better Christian (braver one) but I am weak and just want this to be over with so I can have a life again. But thanks for reminding me that there are many who suffer more than I with greater grace...... maybe there is a lesson in it for me, I do know that my life will change if I ever get my health back.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Praying for your peaceful sleep and healing.
    thank you for the prayer

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    Mostly I sit at the computer posting prayers for other people......
    Hey, if you enable your email (private message) I will write to you. I just tried and I guess you don't have email enabled. Heck, perhaps I don't have it enabled! That would be a laugh.

I didn't even know it hadto be enabled...?

I just checked my PM box and it had a note in it from somebody else so it should be good to send?

Blog Entries
    bountyhunter, I'm praying that the Lord will heal you and make you whole in every part of your body, giving you peace and rest, renewal and strength. I praise Him for all He is doing and will do for you. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Thank you, I appreciate all the prayers.

Father I pray for You to give this woman the sleep she so desperatly needs and Father please take her pain away.
    In Jesus name,
    amen

Blog Entries
    Having both sleep problems, and chronic pain I can identify with your situation. I received a word from the Lord that I will share with you. I was being prayed for, and anointed and believe that the Lord told me I would be heald. I puzzled over this word for some time, and eventually realized that I did not know if He intended be to know I was to be healed in this life, or in the kingdom... over the years I have come to believe that it does not matter when... knowing I will be healed is enough. Blessings,

:pray

Father,

I thank You for Your Word. Thank you that while sorrow and suffering endure for a night, Your Joy is coming in the morning! I thank You that You give us comfort and that You are sufficient for us in all things. Lord please give this child of Yours peace, and rest. Please grant every good gift, including the Faith that allows us to endure whatever comes.

Lord, this flesh troubles us. You know our pain, You have known suffering unto death. You can provide comfort, and even bless us in the midst of suffering. Please comfort Your child, and glorify Yourself in Your ministry.

Thank You Lord that we do not suffer alone. Thank You for the privilege of being able to pray for one another, and for the ability to come before Your Throne at all. We know that we only can through Your Son, and it is in His Name I ask.

AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    I ask that you pray God will send me restful sleep. I have been battling some serious health problems for several months causing me pain and I can't sleep well at all. The only time I sleep is when I take both Vicodin and Restoril (a prescription sleeping pill), both of which are addictive if used long term. I also have to use benadryl and melatonin which are non prescription sleep aids. I am cutting back dose on these to try to get off them and sleep is pretty much impossible.

I pray continuously that God will heal me, but so far He has not.

Thanks for the prayers.

Thread Information