cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the New Orleans Saints pull it off?

Can the New Orleans Saints pull it off?

As a long suffering NO Saints fan, my Saints are ONE game away from playing in the Super Bowl. The Saints were close about two years ago but got beat by the Chicago Bears.

They play the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday and I think they can win the game. The Vikes have a pretty good defense but I see some weakness in the secondary.

If the Saints offensive line can give the QB good protection, Drew Brees will be able to pick them apart.

Keys for the Saints to win the game are:

1. Establish a running game, keeping the Viking defense honest on the pass rush. If the Saints OL can give the QB time to sit back in the pocket, Brees will find the open receiver.

2. Contain the Viking running game. Adrian Peterson is a good RB and can burn you. If the Saints can keep the Vike running game in check, it will be a long night for Farve and the Vikes.

3. Score more points than the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddJack View Post
    As a long suffering NO Saints fan, my Saints are ONE game away from playing in the Super Bowl. The Saints were close about two years ago but got beat by the Chicago Bears.

They play the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday and I think they can win the game. The Vikes have a pretty good defense but I see some weakness in the secondary.

If the Saints offensive line can give the QB good protection, Drew Brees will be able to pick them apart.

Keys for the Saints to win the game are:

1. Establish a running game, keeping the Viking defense honest on the pass rush. If the Saints OL can give the QB time to sit back in the pocket, Brees will find the open receiver.

2. Contain the Viking running game. Adrian Peterson is a good RB and can burn you. If the Saints can keep the Vike running game in check, it will be a long night for Farve and the Vikes.

3. Score more points than the Vikings.
    Sorry, I have to pull for Favre.

Can the New Orleans Saints pull it off?
    I sure hope so. They are very talented. Plus I'd like to see that smug face of Brett Farve toned down a bit. (Yes I misspelled on purpose)

I have to go with the Vikings.There was a reason Minnesota wanted Brett Favre. Too bad they're not playing in Minnesota,and not in a dome.That would be something to watch. I think the Colts will pull it off in the AFC.

Um. Actually New Orleans does play in a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Um. Actually New Orleans does play in a dome.
    Yes,I'm aware of that,so does Indy,Az.,St.Louis,Detroit,Atlanta,and Dallas. I'm just saying back in the 70's,nobody,but nobody wanted to go to Minnesota and play late in the season.I just think football should be played outdoors,not in a dome.

Gotcha. Yes that's true. There is nothing like outdoor football.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    I sure hope so. They are very talented. Plus I'd like to see that smug face of Brett Farve toned down a bit. (Yes I misspelled on purpose)
    Tell us how you really feel.

BTW, Saints win by 10.

Tell us how you really feel.

BTW, Saints win by 10.
    No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    C'mon Kat, I thought you were an Arky. Give us some luv down here.

Oh man, Saints win! Saints win!!! Wow, I never thought I would see this day.

C'mon Kat, I thought you were an Arky. Give us some luv down here.
    I'll root for them for the sake that this is their first ever Superbowl or Championship of any kind. I'll root for the Saints before I'll root for the Dallas Plowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    I'll root for them for the sake that this is their first ever Superbowl or Championship of any kind. I'll root for the Saints before I'll root for the Dallas Plowboys.
    Speaking of:

What do you call 100 millionaires watching the New Orleans Saints playing in the Super Bowl?

The Dallas Cowboys.

The way these sports reporters are down here they almost expect everyone to be a Cowboy fan because Jerry Jones,a former Razorback owns the team now.Jerry's been living in Texas now going on 20 years,so there goes that theory.I lost all respect for them and most of their fans for calling them God's team. Man,that really chaps my hide.

I'm pulling for the Saints, mainly because my boy Pierre Thomas is a University of Illinois alum and that is where I got right now!

Thread Information