cure-real
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Know God vs. Know about God - the "isms" problem

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I was told by God to drive 940+ miles to a city to pray for it and also attend various services and church events, one being a Youth Ministry service to learn from. The money was provided quite surprisingly and on top of this, I only had to purchase meals on the trip down, 3 during the trip, and all meals in return. All else was provided for. During this trip, each day God revealed what I was to do. I learned this when I prayed the first night there and I received nothing that I would consider guidance, specifics concerning this prayer I was to do etc. The next morning in prayer, the Lord revealed what I was to do that day, how I was to only be a participant during this prayer and another was to be the one who voiced the prayer.

Travel time plus the actual days in the city was 6 days. God led each day, guided all I (we) did, and provided as well.

So, here's another testimony... do with it what you will
    Okay, since you insist on giving us your testimony, do you mind if I ask some questions?

You said,

I was told by God to drive 940+ miles to a city to pray for it . . .

1. How were you told, verbal, auditory, dream, letter, another person?
    2. How did God identify himself, by name, by title?
    3. Why send you, who was 940 miles away, and not someone who was closer?
    4. Did he reveal why this particular city needed prayer?
    5. What did he tell you to pray?

also attend various services and church events

1. Was this a general instruction? Was his command a general command such as "attend various services and church events", or did God give you specific services and church services to attend?

The money was provided . . .

1. How was the money provided?
    2. What did you use the money for?
    3. Why didn't God provide the money for meals?

The next morning in prayer, the Lord revealed what I was to do that day . . .

1. Were his instructions general in nature, or were they specific?
    2. Did he give you an itinerary?
    3. Did he tell you when to leave?
    4. Did you know about these events in advance?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    Okay, since you insist on giving us your testimony, do you mind if I ask some questions?
    OK Brorog... I will help you if you help me.

You're the one who got upset when I gave testimony of how the Lord told me to go 940+ miles to another city to pray for that city, how He revealed each day what He wanted me to do... how He even financed the entire mission because it was His will... I guess I do believe you really don't believe God will use servants today.

Also... which scripture am I blowing off? And again, which scripture supports you that the Holy Spirit doesn't lead us and that we don't do anything through the Holy Spirit?
    Let's help each other first. I leave here in about 5 minutes to head to church due to our Breaking the Chains Ministry is meeting tonight. So I'm on the way to church in a few and get the meeting room ready. Will be home tonight about 9PM and tonight is a night of prayer with the Lord which I don't know how long I'll be, it's up to God.

So... I will ask, once I allow you into my life and how the Lord uses me... what are you really gonna do with it. You already give me no credit even though the Lord seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    As for the being led by the Holy Spirit myself, I'm being led by the Holy Spirit right now to warn you of these things.
    You tell me that the Holy Spirit led you to give me some correction and even though I haven't seen any from you based on your avoidance to answer the request for scripture to support your position that the Holy Spirit don't led Christians... how did He lead you to correct me? What did He sound like, was it adible... as a matter of fact, please use all your own questions to answer this, since you have a standard to go by.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

My desire... and I will use that word you tossed at me and I had to look up... is to be obedient to what God want's me to aspire to. So if this means doing His will and allowing His empowerment to manifest, I will be an obedient vessel. Where it takes me, He knows and I'll find out as the Holy Spirit guides me.
    If you really aspire to be obedient then study to show thyself approved unto God 2 Tim 2:15. Gods will is made known by Gods word. Vessels used of God are emptied of self prior to being filled with the Holy Spirit for service. Stewards are required to be faithful. The Holy Spirit operates through the word of God. It is the Holy Spirit that opens the word to us and guides us into the truth contained in Gods word. Do not forsake the word of God. Why do you doubt Gods ability to lead you through His word by His Holy Spirit?

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself but will speak those things He has received from Christ and the Father. John 16:13-15 If you really and truely want the Holy Spirit to guide you meditate in Gods word day and night. It may lack the glamor and glitz of whirlwinds and dancing fire upon folks heads but it is the way God moves among His people. Luke 18:9-14 is an interesting contrast of attitudes among those who profess to know God.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I don't think you can just select a person and/or event from the Bible and use it as pattern for your own self. God chose persons in the past to perform unique specific tasks, which He empowered them to perform.

Moses parted the Red Sea. It was for a reason. I grew up on Lake Huron. I could stand there forever, holding a stick over it and the Lake wouldn't move an inch. Am I faithless? I mean if Moses could do that, why not me?

In the case of Annanias, the guy was chosen specifically to do a job for God. An important one. He had the task of ordaining the greatest Christian writer/preacher/spokesman the world has ever seen. Apostle Paul. It is not surprising that God told him where to go and what to do and say.

I don't believe you can just take that as an example for today. Where God speaks directly to you and says go into the Wal-mart, look for a guy with a Detroit Tigers cap and preach the gospel to him. Are you comparing yourself to Annanias? God is not writing the Bible any more. It is written.

You know something....Jesus said among men born to women there was not one so great as John the Baptist. He had a faith that would shame any of us and was selected by God, and you know what? Not a single solitary miracle was ever attributed to him.

all the best...

I certainly wouldn't look at what specific individuals did and assume that I'm going to be doing the exact same thing. Moses parted the Red Sea, Elijah called down fire from heaven, and so on. But I also wouldn't assume that because the last Amen is written in the Bible that God has suddenly become impotent and incapable of using people in spectacular ways. It might not be literally calling fire down from heaven (although there's no reason why God shouldn't do that if he sees fit) but it might be in ways that confound human understanding.

If we look at what individuals did and assume we'll be just like them the chances are we'll be disappointed. But if we look at what God did through those individuals and allow God to do whatever he wants to through us who knows where that path will take us?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Why do you doubt Gods ability to lead you through His word by His Holy Spirit?

John 16:13-15 If you really and truely want the Holy Spirit to guide you meditate in Gods word day and night.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Hello Roger, I would like to ask something.
    How does the Holy Spirit lead people through his word?
    If he wants me to move to another state to do something.
    How will he tell it to me through the word?

Your posted verse says: "and he will shew you things to come." So how will he shew me?
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Blog Entries
    I was told by God to drive 940+ miles to a city to pray for it and also attend various services and church events, one being a Youth Ministry service to learn from. The money was provided quite surprisingly and on top of this, I only had to purchase meals on the trip down, 3 during the trip, and all meals in return. All else was provided for. During this trip, each day God revealed what I was to do. I learned this when I prayed the first night there and I received nothing that I would consider guidance, specifics concerning this prayer I was to do etc. The next morning in prayer, the Lord revealed what I was to do that day, how I was to only be a participant during this prayer and another was to be the one who voiced the prayer.

Travel time plus the actual days in the city was 6 days. God led each day, guided all I (we) did, and provided as well.

So, here's another testimony... do with it what you will
    I was one of those individuals Slug met. I too traveled 3000 Kms to be with some of the best people I have met in my life. People filled with faith-love of ministry and priority of prayer. We heard from God about specifics and we were obedient. Slug and Cheech (his wife) were used in mighty prophetic acts. You had to be there to experience what we did.
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post

Your posted verse says: "and he will shew you things to come." So how will he shew me?
    That's the whole thing. I don't think God is going to tell you to move to another state.

Or buy the Ford, Or go to so and so Church, Or to Home Depot, or date this girl, or any of that. None of that conflicts with His written will one way or the other.

all the best...

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    I was one of those individuals Slug met. I too traveled 3000 Kms to be with some of the best people I have met in my life. People filled with faith-love of ministry and priority of prayer. We heard from God about specifics and we were obedient. Slug and Cheech (his wife) were used in mighty prophetic acts. You had to be there to experience what we did.
    Is this something you wish to discuss? Did you leave there with the same belief that the word of God is to be subordinate to the Spirit? Are you advocating for the concept that feelings about God are more genuine than what Gods word has revealed about God?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Is this something you wish to discuss? Did you leave there with the same belief that the word of God is to be subordinate to the Spirit? Are you advocating for the concept that feelings about God are more genuine than what Gods word has revealed about God?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Hey Roger, The bible says the Spirit and the Word agree in One.

[1 John 5:7]
    "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

The Holy Spirit will never do anything contrary to the Word of God!

Second, You keep saying feelings about God. God is not Felt, He is Known!

Third, You never gave a response to my question:

We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

When one who knows Christ is conflicted over a decision and brings the matter before the Lord the Lord directs the believers heart in the matter. I find my heart is a peace when I yield to Gods will. If I continue to struggle then I am resisting what the Lord is saying.

Prayer and the study of Gods word are essential to preparing the heart to receive what the Lord has for those who will be obedient. Christ brings the abundant life to the believer. John 10:10

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

When one who knows Christ is conflicted over a decision and brings the matter before the Lord the Lord directs the believers heart in the matter. I find my heart is a peace when I yield to Gods will. If I continue to struggle then I am resisting what the Lord is saying.
    Prayer and the study of Gods word are essential to preparing the heart to receive what the Lord has for those who will be obedient. Christ brings the abundant life to the believer. John 10:10
    Hey, Roger.
    I need you to elaborate because its looks a-bit encrypted.
    How does the Lord direct the believers heart? How does the believers heart receive what the Lord has for them?
    Do the Lord Speak or in what ways does the Lord reveal it? How?

If I continue to struggle then I am resisting what the Lord is saying.
    How do i know what the Lord is saying?

Hey Roger, The bible says the Spirit and the Word agree in One.

[1 John 5:7]
    "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

The Holy Spirit will never do anything contrary to the Word of God!
    This is part of the point I have been trying to make. God does not act contrary to His word and the Holy Spirit opens the word to the heart and mind of the believer.
    Second, You keep saying feelings about God. God is not Felt, He is Known!
    Very good. I'm not the one who is claiming feelings but the word of God as my standard. God is known through His word. Christ is referred to as the word made flesh who dwelt among us. John 1:14

Some here seem to be advocating the need to be free from any constraint the word of God may impose upon their desire to be carried away in the spirit.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Hey, Roger.
    I need you to elaborate because its looks a-bit encrypted.
    How does the Lord direct the believers heart? How does the believers heart receive what the Lord has for them?
    Do the Lord Speak or in what ways does the Lord reveal it? How?
    The Holy Spirit illuminates a passage and reveals a parallel specific to my situation.
    How do i know what the Lord is saying?
    Draw close to the Lord and trust Him to make it plain. Ask the Lord to reveal to you the sin in your life that is preventing you from knowing what it is that He wants you to receive.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Did you arrange to meet in advance? Did you go as part of a group? Was this a scheduled meeting advertised in advance? How did you hear from God, prophet, audible, voices, dreams? What did you accomplish there? Why did God ask you to go there?

The Holy Spirit illuminates a passage and reveals a parallel specific to my situation.
    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    OK, now: Going back to the first Question i asked you, wayyyy back.
    What if you went to work through public transportation bus. And one day, the Holy Spirit tells you: "When your going to work today, go to the back of the bus, You will see a man seating at your right with blue coat. Tell him about Jesus"
    According to what you said: Tell me how the Holy Spirit will reveal that to you through the scriptures?

Thread Information