I was told by God to drive 940+ miles to a city to pray for it . . .
1. How were you told, verbal, auditory, dream, letter, another person?
2. How did God identify himself, by name, by title?
3. Why send you, who was 940 miles away, and not someone who was closer?
4. Did he reveal why this particular city needed prayer?
5. What did he tell you to pray?
also attend various services and church events
1. Was this a general instruction? Was his command a general command such as "attend various services and church events", or did God give you specific services and church services to attend?
The money was provided . . .
1. How was the money provided?
2. What did you use the money for?
3. Why didn't God provide the money for meals?
The next morning in prayer, the Lord revealed what I was to do that day . . .
1. Were his instructions general in nature, or were they specific?
2. Did he give you an itinerary?
3. Did he tell you when to leave?
4. Did you know about these events in advance?