cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a good scripture for when.....

Unhappy What is a good scripture for when.....

What is a good scripture to read when it seems like satan is really trying to get you mad? It's been one of those days when he seems to be working overtime. It's been one thing after another today and then tonight something really got me down and I can't seem to pull out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by peacewithin View Post
    What is a good scripture to read when it seems like satan is really trying to get you mad? It's been one of those days when he seems to be working overtime. It's been one thing after another today and then tonight something really got me down and I can't seem to pull out of it.
    Hi!!!peacewithin,

How are you?

Here some giudeline on how to control satan: James 1: 19- 20 Wherefore my beloved brethen, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

v.20] For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

2 Tim. 2: 19 Nevertheless the foundation God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Hope this help.Thanks and God bless./RT.

Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
    Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
    Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
    Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
    Eph 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
    Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
    Eph 6:15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
    Eph 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
    Eph 6:17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
    Eph 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.

Prayer will work wonders.
    Tit 3:2 to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Blog Entries
    These verses always helped me: Jas 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says, God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble. Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Jas 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones. Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness. Jas 4:10 Be humbled before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

They showed me that if I submit to God then He will be near me and give me the grace to resist the devil. The key though is submitting. As another poster said prayer works wonders. Get with God in prayer submitting to Him and worshiping and praising Him: Heb 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Focus on Him instead of on the problems and He will lift you up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThyWordIsTruth View Post
    Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
    Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
    Eph 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
    Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
    Eph 6:15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
    Eph 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
    Eph 6:17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
    Eph 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.

Prayer will work wonders.
    Hey, ThyWordIsTruth,

You made a well quote, you are completly dresses with a warrior armaments.

By the way do you understand what you' re talking about?

1]armor to stand in the evil day
    2] Belt and breast plate
    3] shoes on your feet
    4]shield to extinguish the flaming dart
    5]helmet and sword
    do you really know all of this? can you share it with us?If not,Preach first to yourself before you preach unto other.
    Rom. 12: 3For I say, trough the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you not to think of himself more
    highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
    Thanks,virgilio

Eph 4:26 Be angry and sin not... I have found that when I get mad at a person for something they did or did not do it helps me to remember that they may not be saved and I ought to pray for their salvation. If they are a Christian then my anger is lost in my love for them as fellow believers. You will get angry it is how you deal with the anger that is important.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries
    I just gave this page a quick once-over, but it looks really good.

I am bookmarking it for myself.

CLICK HERE

(Oh, and read Diggindeeper's article on the front page......)
    ".....it's your nickel"

Anger hurts. The love of God heals. Sorry, not a scripture, but my thoughts. I'm dealing with someone right now who is angry. I'm tired of the anger - I just wish this person would turn it all over to the Lord. Love the page Jayne posted.

I invariably lean on James 4:7, because of it's brevity and succinctness, but also consider it a principle which I can apply, regardless of the circumstances of the spiritual battle.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

(As cited by Nyoka, previously, post #5)

I John 4
    4 - You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Blog Entries
    Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    I John 4
    4 - You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
    Grrrr, took the words right out of my keyboard. [
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

There isn't any majic scripture for me.

Wish there could be.

What gets me frustrated is when those that should know better don't do better...in fact they do worse.

That is always frustrating to me.
    Makes me angry.

Then something else domes along...normal life pressures...and boy howdy...do I know how you feel.

right there with ya.

Whatsoever is good, Whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is pure....
    Think on these things and..........

Some days are soooooo tough.

I wish tere was a place a person could go for an emotional vacation.

I have had my share this week of emotional roller coasters. Final exams, overdue bills, ex spouse issues, child issues, and family issues and employment issues.work politics issues. Gets to be a bit much after a while.

can't walk away from them all....they follow us everywhere.

Getting angry and frustrated is normal and healthy. Not getting past these and living life constantly angry is no way to live either.

Bitterness can set in...the only cure for that is forgiveness and some grace...which is for others and not ourselves.

Which is another cure...getting our minds off of ourselves and onto others. I ain't saying that you are self-centered...but that when "me" is hurting it is tough to get our minds on being who we are supposed to be.

Blog Entries
    Run and get on your knees! I am a firm believer it is the most powerful place a Christian can be. When Satan sees you there..he knows you are surrendering yourself to God and he can do nothing.

While you are there:
    1 Peter 5:7-"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

It is an awesome privilege to go before the throne of our King!
    Hebrews 4:16-"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Thread Information