cure-real

Thread: Voices

Blog Entries

Voices

Question -- do you believe that hearing voices is always a sign of mental illness, or could it possibly be attributed the the spiritual realm? Furthermore, what if those voices are of another language?

Any input would be helpful.

Blog Entries
    It could be mental illness (hearing things is a fairly common symptom of schizophrenia). It could be the voice of God talking, or it could be evil spirits. If it were in another language (i.e. one not understood by the hearer) I'd be inclined to think it was probably not from God, although without some context it's hard to know for sure.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm....no, definitely not schizophrenia. I am talking about many voices, speaking at the same time. I am wondering if there is a chance that it could be spiritual?

Interesting question, Welder. It certainly could be either. I'm anxious to read other replies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    Hmmm....no, definitely not schizophrenia. I am talking about many voices, speaking at the same time. I am wondering if there is a chance that it could be spiritual?
    Several voices talking? Can you give any insight into what they are saying?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Before I go any further, this is a child we are talking about.

These voices talk at the same time, to one another, in an unintelligible language. Sometimes, there are a few, and other times, many. Some of them will whisper her name, as though they are trying to get her attention. They will not directly communicate with her, i.e. hold a conversation with her -- they are just present.

Does this make sense?

Blog Entries
    How does the child feel about the voices? Do they seem friendly, or frightening? Is the child a Christian, or living in a Christian home if not old enough to have made their own commitment?

---

Blog Entries
    Yes, she is definitely a Christian, and lives in a Christian home. Her mother claims to have been physically visited by demons.

The voices do not scare her. She is curious. She wants to talk to them, and even talks back to them when they whisper her name, but they will not talk with her.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    Question -- do you believe that hearing voices is always a sign of mental illness, or could it possibly be attributed the the spiritual realm? Furthermore, what if those voices are of another language?

Any input would be helpful.
    No I don't always think it's mental illness. It could be paranormal but you would want confirmation if possible,maybe do an EVP session.

Blog Entries
    What is an EVP session?

Blog Entries
    You take a tape recorder into the room and see if it can capture the voices, I seen it on Ghost Hunters EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon

I feel, hear, and sense voices all around me. They are not foreign, but some are good and some are bad. Some are holy, some are discouraging, some are love.

It takes years and years of constant conflict and searching out we are in God and who Jesus is to discern those voices. Take heart.

Blog Entries
    but, JesusMySaviour, this is a child we are talking about. Is this the advice that you would tell me to give him or her?

Thread Information