cure-real

Thread: When the soul comes into play

When the soul comes into play

I know this is a question that no one can really answer definitively, but at what point do you believe the soul enter the body? When sperm reaches egg, or when a baby is born etc. Does the soul form inside one or is it given? This also comes into play of how sinful abortions really are I guess too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffinator View Post
    I know this is a question that no one can really answer definitively, but at what point do you believe the soul enter the body? When sperm reaches egg, or when a baby is born etc. Does the soul form inside one or is it given? This also comes into play of how sinful abortions really are I guess too.
    The exact moment of conception.

Blog Entries
    Well, let's look at the most famous baby ever born: Jesus. As God, He gave up His place to become man. At what point do you think the infant inside Mary was deity? I'd say from the moment of conception. I'd thus suggest that every conception consists of a sperm meeting an egg imparting life into the union and including body, soul, and spirit into that cell. There is no greater miracle than what happens not only at conception but how that single cell becomes a baby uniquely individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frecs View Post
    Well, let's look at the most famous baby ever born: Jesus. As God, He gave up His place to become man. At what point do you think the infant inside Mary was deity? I'd say from the moment of conception. I'd thus suggest that every conception consists of a sperm meeting an egg imparting life into the union and including body, soul, and spirit into that cell. There is no greater miracle than what happens not only at conception but how that single cell becomes a baby uniquely individual.
    But what about babies that die moments after conception, they not yet developed an individual mind, personality ect. So when and if they go to Heaven what would they be like, they have no identity because they have not lived long enough to form one. It's almost like them being born at all doesnt matter. What about test tube babies, are they essentially creating souls in test tubes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffinator View Post
    But what about babies that die moments after conception, they not yet developed an individual mind, personality ect. So when and if they go to Heaven what would they be like, they have no identity because they have not lived long enough to form one. It's almost like them being born at all doesnt matter. What about test tube babies, are they essentially creating souls in test tubes?
    Does a display of personality or a certain level of mental development determine one's humanness? I don't think so. Ask any mother if the baby in her womb has a personality and she'll say yes. I've heard women with multiples in their womb say they could distinguish between them. In the womb, God knew the personalities of Jacob and Esau.

Babies, born or unborn, go to heaven. What their heavenly body is like I do not know because the Bible does not say and I've not been there to see for myself. They have an identify because God created that at the moment of conception--even before because God said that He knew us before He knit us together in our mother's womb.

Yes, test tube babies have souls and spirits just as babies conceived the usual way.

Thread Information