Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: In The Regeneration?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102

    In The Regeneration?

    According to the following scriptures, those that follow Jesus will be rewarded in the regeneration, they will receive the kingdom appointed/promised to them, when Jesus will sit on his throne.

    If the followers of Christ do not receive their reward until after the millenium, when Jesus makes all things new, then should we today expect otherwise?

    Matthew 19:27,28,29,30.
    27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
    28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
    29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
    30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

    Luke 22:28,29,30.
    28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
    29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
    30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

    Revelation 21:1,2,3,4,5.
    1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

    God bless!

    Firstfruits

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    We shall receive an hundredfold and everlasting life in the regeneration, which though it is promised we have not yet inherited it.

    Mt 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

    1 Pet 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

    Firstfruits

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    We shall receive an hundredfold and everlasting life in the regeneration, which though it is promised we have not yet inherited it.

    Mt 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

    1 Pet 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

    Firstfruits
    Actually, the receiving of the hundredfold refers to this temporal time that we're living in and the everlasting life refers to the eternal age to come in the new heavens and new earth.

    Mark 10
    29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
    30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

    The difference between receiving a hundredfold and inheriting everlasting life is that even now we have received life more abundantly (John 10:10), but we are still waiting to inherit everlasting life on the new earth.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    Actually, the receiving of the hundredfold refers to this temporal time that we're living in and the everlasting life refers to the eternal age to come in the new heavens and new earth.

    Mark 10
    29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
    30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

    The difference between receiving a hundredfold and inheriting everlasting life is that even now we have received life more abundantly (John 10:10), but we are still waiting to inherit everlasting life on the new earth.
    I agree with receiving some things here, but eternal life and the disciples being with Jesus is in the regeneration, according to his promise.

    Firstfruits

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    I agree with receiving some things here, but eternal life and the disciples being with Jesus is in the regeneration, according to his promise.

    Firstfruits
    Right. I just wanted to point out the difference between the hundredfold we receive in this lifetime and the everlasting life of the eternal age to come, which isn't evident in the Matthew 19 passage, but is in the parallel Mark 10 passage.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    Right. I just wanted to point out the difference between the hundredfold we receive in this lifetime and the everlasting life of the eternal age to come, which isn't evident in the Matthew 19 passage, but is in the parallel Mark 10 passage.
    Thanks Eric,

    God bless you!

    Firstfruits

  7. #7
    So when is the "regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory"?
    That "regeneration" remind me of Titus 3:5

    5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    According to the following scriptures, those that follow Jesus will be rewarded in the regeneration, they will receive the kingdom appointed/promised to them, when Jesus will sit on his throne.

    If the followers of Christ do not receive their reward until after the millenium, when Jesus makes all things new, then should we today expect otherwise?

    Matthew 19:27,28,29,30.
    27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
    28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
    29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
    30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
    Mat 19:28 is not the born again experience. It is the regeneration of the original plan of God from the garden -social order and renewl of the earth -tree and water of of life. It's the return of the kingdom to earth. It is not the new earth.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    [QUOTE=Beckrl;2356791]So when is the "regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory"?
    That "regeneration" remind me of Titus 3:5

    [I]5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,

    It is when God make all things new, after the millenium in the New Jerusalem.

    Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

    The following is when we come to Jesus and are renewed.

    Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

    God bless you!

    Firstfruits

  10. #10
    In the regeneration occured when Jesus rose from the dead, and His chosen ones rose with Him, and have been made to set down with Him in heavenly places. eph 2:

    6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,301
    Really? It says
    "ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel"
    So what matters are they judging in heaven and why just the 12 tribes?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    Mat 19:28 is not the born again experience. It is the regeneration of the original plan of God from the garden -social order and renewl of the earth -tree and water of of life. It's the return of the kingdom to earth. It is not the new earth.
    If judgment day is after the millenium why is it not the new earth which comes after the millenium?

    Firstfruits

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    milton keynes
    Posts
    16,102
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony57 View Post
    In the regeneration occured when Jesus rose from the dead, and His chosen ones rose with Him, and have been made to set down with Him in heavenly places. eph 2:

    6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
    All things have not been made new, all things are not made new until after the millenium in the new Jerusalem.

    Firstfruits

  14. #14
    firstfruit:

    All things have not been made new,
    2 cor 5:

    17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    Really? It says
    "ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel"
    So what matters are they judging in heaven and why just the 12 tribes?
    The Twelve Tribes are all the elect of God, the Judging was Spiritual as God used them for the outcalling of the elect in the then known world. They were the foundation eph 2:

    19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

    20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

    Jesus prays for all future believers, who believe on Him through their [ His apostles] word Jn 17:

    18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

    19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

    20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Baptismal Regeneration Refuted
    By MidnightsPaleGlow in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: Jul 22nd 2008, 02:11 AM
  2. IMPORTANT Salvation Regeneration Doctrine Lost?
    By Anikaii in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 14th 2008, 10:30 PM
  3. Post Regeneration Synergist
    By DSK in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 857
    Last Post: Aug 31st 2007, 10:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •