cure-real
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102

Thread: God knowing the number of our days

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Smithsburg, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    472

    God knowing the number of our days

    Feeling like this is a dumb question but I have had people ask me....Such as for example if a drunk driver hits and kills someone or a robber goes into a convenience store and shoots someone, does God know this will happen before that person is born..I think yes because He knows our days but then think no because the person sinning did this, did God know they would do these wicked things to people...

    might as well post my other dumb one... Babies....God knew us before we were in the womb, but I don't have a good answer for example.. babies born to drug addicts....born to ones that abuse their babies almost immediately ........have trouble with that one too......that one I really don't understand including why a family that would be excellent parents do not have the opportunity to be parents....but so many unworthy ones have them one after the other... Could be there isn't an answer I suppose.
    THANKS
    Last edited by beachbum53; Mar 11th 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

    PRAYERS FOR MIEKE AND CHARLES


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere big like Texas
    Posts
    2,273
    I know that God is all-knowing from beginning to end. Does He chose who gets the babies? Honestly I don't know. I do know that He allows us to make choices. He made us to pro-create. Does He choose who can and who cannot? That I don't know for sure either although in the bible it appears that humans felt that it was God who closed the womb or opened it. I think of Hannah and Samuel.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

    My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

    Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

  3. #3
    He knows our days - Do you know that in our DNA is a timer that when it runs out we die, Our bodies just stops regenerating.
    God knows all of the choices we can make and where they lead to. Yet the choice is still ours to make.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the land that is desperate for PEACE
    Posts
    15,914
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJarvis View Post
    He knows our days - Do you know that in our DNA is a timer that when it runs out we die, Our bodies just stops regenerating.
    God knows all of the choices we can make and where they lead to. Yet the choice is still ours to make.
    You are touching on a very interesting concept ... care to elaborate on that
    The LORD is my Miracle

    G_d was gracious He has shown favor


    Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Smithsburg, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    472
    Thanks guys, Yes I understand the DNA part. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

    I have had people ask me questions concerning accidents and "was it their time to go" Or was it truly an accident and it was not 'their' time. The same questions come up with occurrences of child abuse and etc with children. We just had an incident at work (again) two babies dying at the hands of a caregiver.

    People know I am a Christian and I do get asked these questions at times or 'they' will wait to hear what I have to say. My answer is truthfully I do not understand everything....
    My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.Ē

    Last night my mind was working overtime again Thinking this morning I don't suppose there is an answer in this life....that has been my believe but sometimes things nag at me...but it is still curious to me ( accidents etc) My brother died in one when he was 21...

    Anyway this has been shown before when I used to be here in the past, but if someone has not seen it.. pretty cool. Saw Louie at Chris Tomlin concert and bought the DVD...there is actually three parts to it but this one has the laminin picture in it..( what holds us together)




    Have a blessed day
    9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

    PRAYERS FOR MIEKE AND CHARLES


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    14,963
    Blog Entries
    8
    Have you ever looked at the back of a cross stitch??? Kind of crazy huh? When you look from the top side of the cross stitch, you can see a wonderfully woven tapestry of color, well thought out, and makes a beautiful work of art. While we are here on earth looking up, we tend to see the knots and strings seemingly in chaos and it doesn't make any sense to us, nor does it seem to have any rhyme or reason. When God looks at it from above, it is a well thought out tapestry that is art in it's finest form. I tend to think things like this are simply a matter of perspective. As long as we are down here looking up, we will never understand it. One day when we are up there and can see the big picture, it will make a lot more sense to us.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

    If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

    Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,278
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum53 View Post
    Feeling like this is a dumb question but I have had people ask me....Such as for example if a drunk driver hits and kills someone or a robber goes into a convenience store and shoots someone, does God know this will happen before that person is born..I think yes because He knows our days but then think no because the person sinning did this, did God know they would do these wicked things to people...

    might as well post my other dumb one... Babies....God knew us before we were in the womb, but I don't have a good answer for example.. babies born to drug addicts....born to ones that abuse their babies almost immediately ........have trouble with that one too......that one I really don't understand including why a family that would be excellent parents do not have the opportunity to be parents....but so many unworthy ones have them one after the other... Could be there isn't an answer I suppose.
    THANKS
    God knows everything that has and will happen, yes. As for why He lets it happen, it's a mystery, and I don't think we're meant to know the answer (cf. Job, esp. the concluding chapters). Or as something of an illustration, take any fictional novel. Which are the more interesting, the more rewarding to read? The one's with little or more suffering? The latter, of course. Though unless you know the end of the book, the middle - where all the suffering occurs - can be a horrible and seemingly senseless thing. I admit that comparison may be offensive, and perhaps overly simplistic, but hopefully the point is made and understood.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    God knows everything that has and will happen, yes. As for why He lets it happen, it's a mystery, and I don't think we're meant to know the answer (cf. Job, esp. the concluding chapters). Or as something of an illustration, take any fictional novel. Which are the more interesting, the more rewarding to read? The one's with little or more suffering? The latter, of course. Though unless you know the end of the book, the middle - where all the suffering occurs - can be a horrible and seemingly senseless thing. I admit that comparison may be offensive, and perhaps overly simplistic, but hopefully the point is made and understood.
    it's my understanding that God knows everything that could have happened also.
    A choice that could have led you down the wrong path that you did not take.
    now does God know every choice you will take?,
    or does he know all the choices you have to take?
    he knows the chances or odds of you taking the right choice over the wrong one. "time and chance happeneth to all."
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta-An View Post
    You are touching on a very interesting concept ... care to elaborate on that
    i was looking for the info on the max life controled by your DNA and am still looking for it.
    i do alot of reading and have read about it.

    like when they Cloned a sheep. Many people do not know what they are doing when they clone something.
    Let me explain it.

    They take a unfertilized Egg of a female. And remove the DNA in the Egg.
    And replace it with New DNA from Red blood cells from what they want to Clone.
    See they really are not making anything but taking an Egg and fertilizing it with only one host.

    The problems they have is the blood cells they used was from a Sheep was already Old.
    Sheep Life span, 6 -11 years so the Max life is 11 years. The sheep that the blood was taken from was 8 years old and will only live for 3 more years and it had all the infirmities and arthritis of the old sheep at birth.
    also they have to do this to about 5000 eggs to get one that will work.

    They are looking at ways to remove the timer in our DNA so will not die of old age.
    Maybe with this info you can find more on this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    pushed out by those who say they're my brother
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum53 View Post
    Feeling like this is a dumb question but I have had people ask me....Such as for example if a drunk driver hits and kills someone or a robber goes into a convenience store and shoots someone, does God know this will happen before that person is born..I think yes because He knows our days but then think no because the person sinning did this, did God know they would do these wicked things to people...
    Itís not a dumb question at all. Itís an excellent question that many of us have asked ourselves.

    When you say that God knows this will happen before the person is born because He knows our days, I assume you are referring to Psalm 139:16, ďYour eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.Ē

    Even if this verse says that God knows the exact length of our lives before weíre born, it doesnít say that God knows everything that will happen to us before weíre born.

    Also, the Lord can change what has been ordained and written in His book. God told Hezekiah he would die but changed the length of his life after Hezekiah prayed to Him (Isa. 38:1-5). The length of Hezekiahís life was alterable.

    might as well post my other dumb one... Babies....God knew us before we were in the womb, but I don't have a good answer for example.. babies born to drug addicts....born to ones that abuse their babies almost immediately ........have trouble with that one too......that one I really don't understand including why a family that would be excellent parents do not have the opportunity to be parents....but so many unworthy ones have them one after the other... Could be there isn't an answer I suppose.
    THANKS
    I donít know of Scripture that says God knew each of us individually before we were in the womb. But your questions are good ones. We must keep in mind we are born into a fallen and oppressed world. The combination of the fallen state of mankind along with Satanís oppression is the reason for these things happening. Remember that the devil is hard at work, but Jesus came into the world to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8). The Body of Christ is to fight against the powers of darkness by showing love to the hurting world around us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    43
    I would think the eternal God would be at the beginning and end of creation simultaneously. God knew us before we were ever created, but he had to create us to know us and how we lived our lives.
    God could not say he won't create mankind because they would rebel, even though he knows all things, he still had to create mankind to know they would rebel.
    Its like forming creation, then going through all of time, to the very end, and then jumping back before creation began, thus knowing what happens.
    It is an eternal paradox that can be difficult to grasp.
    For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,278
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJarvis View Post
    it's my understanding that God knows everything that could have happened also.
    A choice that could have led you down the wrong path that you did not take.
    now does God know every choice you will take?,
    or does he know all the choices you have to take?
    he knows the chances or odds of you taking the right choice over the wrong one. "time and chance happeneth to all."
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
    God doesn't just know the "chances or odds," no (I'm assuming you're advocating a form of open theism). If we're going to talk about God's middle knowledge - counter factuals, to get technical on everyone - then perhaps that's a question for another thread, as it seems to me this thread is primarily concerned with suffering in light of God's knowledge, not God's knowledge itself. And, if you are advocating Open theism, then it's intellectual suicide, in the very least.

    Sorry if I've misunderstood you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum53 View Post
    Thanks guys, Yes I understand the DNA part. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

    I have had people ask me questions concerning accidents and "was it their time to go" Or was it truly an accident and it was not 'their' time. The same questions come up with occurrences of child abuse and etc with children. We just had an incident at work (again) two babies dying at the hands of a caregiver.

    People know I am a Christian and I do get asked these questions at times or 'they' will wait to hear what I have to say. My answer is truthfully I do not understand everything....
    My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

    Last night my mind was working overtime again Thinking this morning I don't suppose there is an answer in this life....that has been my believe but sometimes things nag at me...but it is still curious to me ( accidents etc) My brother died in one when he was 21...

    Anyway this has been shown before when I used to be here in the past, but if someone has not seen it.. pretty cool. Saw Louie at Chris Tomlin concert and bought the DVD...there is actually three parts to it but this one has the laminin picture in it..( what holds us together)




    Have a blessed day
    Wow, just wow on the video

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    pushed out by those who say they're my brother
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMirror View Post
    I would think the eternal God would be at the beginning and end of creation simultaneously.
    Where is that in Scripture?

    God knew us before we were ever created,
    Where is that in Scripture?

    but he had to create us to know us and how we lived our lives.
    God could not say he won't create mankind because they would rebel, even though he knows all things, he still had to create mankind to know they would rebel.
    Its like forming creation, then going through all of time, to the very end, and then jumping back before creation began, thus knowing what happens.
    It is an eternal paradox that can be difficult to grasp.
    It's difficult to grasp because it goes against reason.

    I don't mean to pick on this post at all. I've thought the same things and so do many others. I just want to encourage us to support what we think God is like and what we think the nature of the future is with Scripture. In this way, I believe we will be better able to address the OP with more accuracy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    pushed out by those who say they're my brother
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    God doesn't just know the "chances or odds," no (I'm assuming you're advocating a form of open theism). If we're going to talk about God's middle knowledge - counter factuals, to get technical on everyone - then perhaps that's a question for another thread, as it seems to me this thread is primarily concerned with suffering in light of God's knowledge, not God's knowledge itself. And, if you are advocating Open theism, then it's intellectual suicide, in the very leastÖ
    We canít talk about suffering in light of Godís knowledge without talking about His knowledge. Scripture teaches that God knows all things there is to know. He is infinitely intelligent and infinitely wise. But if there are parts of the future unknown to Him (if He didnít create a reality where the nature of the future is exhaustively pre-settled), then that doesnít diminish His omniscience.

    The question is a valid one. Hereís a similar one. If God knew certain children would grow up to be rapists, into child porn, sex trafficking, murderers, etc., why did He fashion them together in their mothersí wombs? To take it a step further, if God knew certain children would grow up (maybe even go through a tragic life of suffering) and thrown into hell after their deaths, why did He fashion them together in their motherís wombs?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1290 days, 1335 days (Dan. 12:10-12)
    By Nihil Obstat in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Feb 6th 2011, 05:09 AM
  2. 45 days for the vials of God's wrath? = 1335 days /Daniel 12
    By vinsight4u8 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 19th 2009, 09:35 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 16th 2008, 11:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •