cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bisexuality

Bisexuality

I know I won't find much other than patronizing rhetoric on this, but I guess I'll ask anyway. Say what you have to say, but I won't respond to thoughtless answers.

I'm bisexual, I've had sex with men and women, and I find no need to be forgiven, or to ask for forgiveness. I don't really know how to word my question, so... I guess tell me what to do about this, if anything.

To preempt the obvious-
    No, I'm not straight, I'm not gay, and I'm not confused. I am attracted to both sexes.
    NO, I am NOT attracted to children, animals, or any of the other kinks I've seen people associate with anyone who isn't perfectly straight.
    I have tried (following the instructions of a priest) praying to God asking him to "rid me of Satan's temptation" and it did not work. Obviously.
    I did not make a choice to be bi any more than you chose to be straight. Use your heads, guys. If it were really a choice, everyone would be straight.
    Finally, I'm not interested in marriage or having children, so please keep comments regarding those issues to yourself.

Thank you for any constructive comments,
    -Xeno Dragon

I completely trust what you've posted. I can see where there are questions and concerns, but I want to be careful of not misunderstanding them. Do you agree that bisexuality and a sexual attraction to both sexes is wrong, and is one of your questions about what to do about it, about how to overcome it?

I know I won't find much other than patronizing rhetoric on this,
    Then why bother posting??? You shoot down any opportunity for answers or help by implementing reverse psych.

I'm bisexual, I've had sex with men and women, and I find no need to be forgiven, or to ask for forgiveness. I don't really know how to word my question, so... I guess tell me what to do about this, if anything.
    But you do need to be forgiven, we all need to be forgiven for our sins.

I did not make a choice to be bi any more than you chose to be straight. Use your heads, guys. If it were really a choice, everyone would be straight.
    Everything is a choice, gay, straight, bi or even tri, a bank robber, a murderer or even a Christian, life is all about choices, except for situations some are forced into.

As an ex drug dealer, ex-user, ex -alcoholic ex-everything I made the choice to stop and become a believer in The Word of GOD, my choice, my decision to surrender to his will.

I have my own opinions about it being right or wrong. Personally, I don't think it has an innate moral polarity any more than preferring Coke over Pepsi has an innate moral polarity. I'm also unsure about the quotes I've been fed about homosexuality from the Bible. There are so many translations, and so many possible meanings to the key words used, there are roughly 3^10th possible interpretations in total. Most likely more, but I'm not educated in said translations enough to say more than that.

However, if it is wrong, why, and what do I do to fix the situation?

The Mighty Sword, if it's a choice to be gay, then you choose it. Right now. Not permanent, just for a few minutes. Make the choice to be gay, and let me know how that works for you before you tell me I chose this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Dragon View Post
    The Mighty Sword, if it's a choice to be gay, then you choose it. Right now. Not permanent, just for a few minutes. Make the choice to be gay, and let me know how that works for you before you tell me I chose this.
    I can't do that because I choose not to, see I know and believe GODs Word and I know the consequences behind such an act, I'm not judging you because I was worse than you in so many ways I am simply giving you an alternative, see what you are lacking in understanding Xeno is it war out there, the enemy is waring for you, by lieing to you, tugging on your ear telling you, it's ok to be gay and it is if you choose that lifestyle, just like I choose the Christian lifestyle. What I am sharing with you is by experience.

You can't choose it because it's not a choice. You talk about actual choices, like your religion. You were not BORN a christian, you chose it. You were not BORN a bank robber, a murderer, a drug dealer, a user, or an alcoholic, you made a choice for each of those. You can't naturally choose your hair color, your eye color, or your skintone, and I did not CHOOSE my sexuality, it's just THERE.

The day you know more about my body than I do is the day you put on a skirt and bow to Allah. Please refrain from insulting my ability to read my own bioelectrical signals if you would be so kind. I am here looking for help, not your ignorant bigotry and narrow-minded hatred of that which you do not or cannot understand.

You can't choose it because it's not a choice. You talk about actual choices, like your religion. You were not BORN a christian, you chose it. You were not BORN a bank robber, a murderer, a drug dealer, a user, or an alcoholic, you made a choice for each of those. You can't naturally choose your hair color, your eye color, or your skintone, and I did not CHOOSE my sexuality, it's just THERE.

The day you know more about my body than I do is the day you put on a skirt and bow to Allah. Please refrain from insulting my ability to read my own bioelectrical signals if you would be so kind. I am here looking for help, not your ignorant bigotry and narrow-minded hatred of that which you do not or cannot understand.
    All your doing is surrendering to the flesh, try surrendering to your spirit.

not your ignorant bigotry and narrow-minded hatred of that which you do not or cannot understand
    Your attack is in vain because your not my enemy, The devil is my enemy and yours and he hates you he hates you enough to destroy your life and spend eternity with him.

Please refrain from insulting my ability to read my own bioelectrical signals
    You're wired like every body else, you just refuse to fight the lies instead you succumb to them.

If we were all wired the same, we would all be the same. Obviously, your statement is untrue.

I make no attacks. I label your behavior. If you don't like it, shape up. I'd sooner leave this site and turn my back on the entire Christian religion than be treated like an idiot. Watch what you say. Is that too much to ask?

I surrender to nothing. I never surrender. I'm too young and arrogant to give up on anything. (lol) But acting on biological urges and giving in to evil are different. Even if I do not act on my sexual urges, they're still there, and I am, as you put it, 'wired' the way I am. Unless you can find me an electrician, I think I'll be wired this way forever.

If we were all wired the same, we would all be the same. Obviously, your statement is untrue.

I make no attacks. I label your behavior. If you don't like it, shape up. I'd sooner leave this site and turn my back on the entire Christian religion than be treated like an idiot. Watch what you say. Is that too much to ask?

I surrender to nothing. I never surrender. I'm too young and arrogant to give up on anything. (lol) But acting on biological urges and giving in to evil are different. Even if I do not act on my sexual urges, they're still there, and I am, as you put it, 'wired' the way I am. Unless you can find me an electrician, I think I'll be wired this way forever.
    But we are all the same.

There are men and there are women, we bleed the same thing, we hate, we love, we need, and we all have a GOD shaped hole in our heart that only GOD can fill and we are all wire to worship something, some people worship alcohol, drugs, money, perversion, themselves, who or what do you worship???

Sure you do, you surrender to righteousness or wickedness and you can change with GOD and through GOD all things are possible. Biological??? nonsense, it's a choice and you know it, if it wasn't everyone would be gay but we choose not to and you know it, accept it.

Blog Entries
    I know I won't find much other than patronizing rhetoric on this, but I guess I'll ask anyway. Say what you have to say, but I won't respond to thoughtless answers.

To preempt the obvious-
    No, I'm not straight, I'm not gay, and I'm not confused. I am attracted to both sexes.
    NO, I am NOT attracted to children, animals, or any of the other kinks I've seen people associate with anyone who isn't perfectly straight.
    I have tried (following the instructions of a priest) praying to God asking him to "rid me of Satan's temptation" and it did not work. Obviously.
    Finally, I'm not interested in marriage or having children, so please keep comments regarding those issues to yourself.

-Xeno Dragon
    A question then, do you believe morality is absolute / objective, or relative, or "other"?

Blog Entries
    Xeno,

I don't know if this will help, but let's see... bear with me for a second.

Several years ago I was at a marina and watched a drunk man throw a ball in the path of a speed boat. His lab (a beautiful dog) did as he was trained to do, and obeyed his programing and training and swam out into the channel to get the ball. The speed boat was on plane, and going way too fast to stop... and the black dog's head was not all that visible over the surface of the water anyway as he swam into the path of the boat to retreive the ball for his master.

I wanted to swim across the channel, it was not far. In my mind, I pictured doing so and taking that man off of the dock. He had me by a hundred pounds, but having once been a rescue swimmer I know I could have controlled him in the water. In a second I actually pictured holding him under until he stopped breathing. Rage at this man, washed over me as I watched the boat get closer and closer to the dog... faithfully swimming his heart out to fetch the ball that his master had purposefully thrown into the path of the boat.

As I stood on this shore, I was actually only waiting for the boat to get clear enough to dive off of the dock to start to swim across the channel and kill this man.

Thankfully, a small voice within me told me not to move. I stood. I watched and waited. The boat hit the dog, but by some miracle he surfaced and was not cut by the props... he circled wildly and then spotted the ball... he picked it up and turned back.

Then I noticed a woman in a truck with a young boy . She was watching, and seem to be crying. She started saying something to the man, he threw down his beer and got in the truck. He nearly drove off without the dog, who barely made it back in time to leap into the back.

If you are still reading this too long post.....

The dog was born to fetch. He did so, and it nearly killed him. He was faithful, and was just doing what he was trained / programed to do. Live or die, I do not think he had much say in the matter. I don't really think we are much like the dog in out every day lives.... some times it seems like it. Ideas of men often are used to support their beliefs. I know this, Christ sets us free... I do not believe that the ball is thrown in the path of the boat... or if it is I do not believe that we have to chase it.

I know that I am not fit to judge anyone. I can not judge you, as I have just publicly stated in this thread I would have murdered a man OVER HIS MISTREATMENT OF A DOG if the Lord had prevented it. I do not understand all of why a path is right or wrong, I know that the Lord loves us SO much that He sent His own Son to die on a cross to pay for our (my) sin. If so, and He says to avoid a path, that is enough for me.

Blessings to you, may you find the answers you seek.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Blog Entries
    I have my own opinions about it being right or wrong. Personally, I don't think it has an innate moral polarity any more than preferring Coke over Pepsi has an innate moral polarity. I'm also unsure about the quotes I've been fed about homosexuality from the Bible. There are so many translations, and so many possible meanings to the key words used, there are roughly 3^10th possible interpretations in total. Most likely more, but I'm not educated in said translations enough to say more than that.

However, if it is wrong, why, and what do I do to fix the situation?
    If you can accept the situation is wrong then what you do about it is stop having sex with people who are not your spouse.

It's easy to say things like "I was born this way". I am a heterosexual man, so my desires are towards women. But my wife is unlikely to take a very enlightened view if she found I'd been sleeping with a collection of women, no matter how much I justified it by saying I was born with attractions to women.

The desires you have are the desires you have. You aren't forced to act upon them. We can see what the Bible clearly says about sexual immorality

1Co 6:18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

Sexual immorality covers a whole range of things, it's not just about homosexuality. If we are to flee sexual immorality that includes homosexuality, adultery, fornication, lust, all sorts of things. Whether we label ourselves straight, gay, bi, whatever doesn't matter.

You may not be able to choose who you are attracted to but you can choose what you do about those attractions, right?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Xeno Dragon,

This principle took me many years - even as a Christian - to learn.

It's not a matter of your sexual preference or the way that your body responds to men and then to women. It's a heart condition. Give your heart over the Lord.

Jesus said in Matthew 15:19: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."

I became a Christian early in my life, but did not live like one until later. I had to repent of a lot of things. I had tried to understand "why" things were wrong, but I tried in my own power and failed. I got mad at God sometimes and couldn't understand all the restrictions - or at least things that I saw as restrictions at the time.

I tried to repent on my own and change on my own, but couldn't do it.

When I submitted and made Jesus the Lord of my life as well as Savior - things changed and I was a much happier and more productive person, woman, and Christian.

".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

To preempt the obvious-

-Xeno Dragon
    You're likely not going to like my comments but I'll bne honest, more honest than I've ever felt the need to be before. You have made a choice and the first step to you ever going anywhere is to learn to deal honestly with yourself and stop lying to yourself. I, also, was bisexual, it was my choice. I am heterosexual and saved, it is my choice!

You can go to a priest , a pastor, a deacon and you can even go to a teacher like myself and we can give you a thousand different prayers to pray but until you choose to follow God, you will not! God has given you the right of choice and if you choose not to serve God and to loose yourself in your immorality God will allow you to burn in the Lake of Fire, all alone, for all eternity.

If you decide to follow God and to resist the sin of Homosexual Relations the desire will not cease, you will need to learn to resist that sin just as every other sinner in the church has had to learn to resist their favorite sin. Much like Paul, this is the thorn in our side and God will not remove it but He will, if your willing to spend eternity in Heaven, use it to make you a great Christian.

In summary, you have a choice to make on where you choose to be for eternity. It's just that simple and it is up to you.

Thread Information