cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Head Wound

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Head Wound

    The wound is a deadly blow but not unto death for the beast will regain his strength and power.


    Nebuchadnezzar

    Head wound - Kingdom taken away

    Da 4:11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

    Da 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:

    Wound healed - Kingdom restored

    Da 4:36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.


    Satan

    This is indeed a parallel whereby we can understand the head wound in Rev 13. It is not a physical wound to a head attached to a body rather a blow to position and power. We see the description of Satan receiving such a blow described in two books, Dan 7 and Rev 12.

    Dan 7

    Satan is like a lion with eagle's wings. of course a counterfeit

    Da 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings:

    Here we see the wings plucked ie the head wound

    Da 7:4 I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked,

    Now we see the transformation from beast to man ie the wound healed

    Da 7:4 and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

    Rev 12

    The dragon receive a head wound in battle and is cast out from heaven.

    Re 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, Re 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

    The dragon is now upon the earth and of course no longer in spirit but restored as a man.

    Re 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

    Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.


    The Lion now becomes the Lamb. Of course counterfeit.

    Re 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. Re 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

    Re 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

    Da 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.


    Mark

  2. #2
    Nope.

    Wounded head-literal.

    In addition, a wound by a weapon.

    Also, healed and, therefore, doctors involved.

    Medical science did not have the technology to heal deadly head wounds before WWI.

    REV 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

    REV 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

    REV 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,264
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Nope.

    Wounded head-literal.

    In addition, a wound by a weapon.

    Also, healed and, therefore, doctors involved.

    Medical science did not have the technology to heal deadly head wounds before WWI.

    REV 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

    REV 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

    REV 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    So if he isn't healed by supernatural means, why would anyone be impressed..let alone amazed? It wouldn't be considered a miracle but an everyday occurrence. Everyday people with major life threatening injuries are saved including head injuries...people brought back from the dead due to CPR, electrical shocks and so forth...


    ross3421...interesting study..thanks. One thing though I always thought was odd...lambs don't ever have horns.

    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Wounded head-literal.
    Okay. Which head? He has seven.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    Okay. Which head? He has seven.
    The most literal head....of course!!! None of those silly alleghorical symbolic heads.

  6. #6

    Perhaps,...

    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    So if he isn't healed by supernatural means, why would anyone be impressed..let alone amazed? It wouldn't be considered a miracle but an everyday occurrence. Everyday people with major life threatening injuries are saved including head injuries...people brought back from the dead due to CPR, electrical shocks and so forth...


    ross3421...interesting study..thanks. One thing though I always thought was odd...lambs don't ever have horns.

    God bless
    ...They wonder because of his message, and his blasphemy of God. Why do you care?

    As for which head, who cares, again.
    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

  7. #7
    How about a real answer?

  8. #8

    How about ...

    Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    How about a real answer?
    ...A real question?

    The heads are not described as being distinct in any way, what are you asking?
    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...They wonder because of his message, and his blasphemy of God. Why do you care?

    As for which head, who cares, again.
    The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, (all the world wonder after the beast that had the deadly wound) whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.


    Then the heads are seven mountians, And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

    So how is one of the heads wounded? The beast that was in the past, but now isn't, and yet still is! What beast in the past? Daniel 2, 7

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    The heads are not described as being distinct in any way, what are you asking?
    You said that it was a literal head being literally wounded by a literal sword. If you're interpreting the head which is wounded as a literal head, why not the other six heads? In other words, since you're interpreting the head being wounded as a literal head, do you interpret the seven-headed beast as a literal seven-headed beast? Or do you interpret it as a one-headed human being? If so, why the inconsistency between one head being literal, yet it's not one of seven heads of a literal seven-headed beast?

    Moreover, why do you interpret it as a literal head being literally wounded by a literal sword when the Revelation plainly reveals the meaning of imagery for us? The seven heads aren't literal heads, they're symbolic of seven hills and of seven kings (not the heads of seven kings... the kings themselves).

  11. #11

    Oh, I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, (all the world wonder after the beast that had the deadly wound) whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

    Then the heads are seven mountians, And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

    So how is one of the heads wounded? The beast that was in the past, but now isn't, and yet still is! What beast in the past? Daniel 2, 7
    But, I'm not sure it matters, because even though the beast will mimic the corruption of the Roman Empire, does not mean it will be situated in Rome. Russia and China both mimic the Romans in corruption. I would think that some of the things that other dynasties had done were as bad as Rome, also.

    REV 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

    However it is done, the beast returns.

    REV 13:14 ...which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

    I would say that the returned beast has one of it's heads wounded by a weapon and would have died except for the healing.

    The incident has nothing to do with the past, except that the beast also existed in the past. But, if the wound had been in the past, it would still be obvious today, as would it's healing.

    REV 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

    The seven (returned) heads will support the city (the whore) financially, intellectually, but probably not physically. I say that because the angel is explaining figuratively. A woman (city) sits on mountains (supported by the heads of the beast). But I'm guessing here and that is why we have to wait and watch.

    REV 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

    This does not say that the five kings will be fallen before John's life or just before the beast returns. But, I would think that the prophecy is about the future not the past.
    Last edited by dan; Apr 27th 2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: content
    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    But, I'm not sure it matters, because even though the beast will mimic the corruption of the Roman Empire, does not mean it will be situated in Rome. Russia and China both mimic the Romans in corruption. I would think that some of the things that other dynasties had done were as bad as Rome, also.

    REV 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

    However it is done, the beast returns.

    REV 13:14 ...which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

    I would say that the returned beast has one of it's heads wounded by a weapon and would have died except for the healing.

    The incident has nothing to do with the past, except that the beast also existed in the past. But, if the wound had been in the past, it would still be obvious today, as would it's healing.
    I believe the past is everything, its shows the beast. John sees the "beast" coming out of the sea and decribes it as an Leopard, Bear and Loin just in reverse of Daniel 7:4-6. This beast of the sea is the fourth beast as told by Daniel 7:23 saying that it shall be the fourth kingdom upon the earth.

    Then all we have to do is read Revelation 17:9 to define the heads, which is seven mountains of the beast in which the woman sitteth.
    And that time is of the fourth beast there are seven kings: five have fallen, and one is: What is the fourth kingdom upon the earth?

    And from that kingdom five kings have fallen and one is.....in John's day.
    REV 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

    The seven (returned) heads will support the city (the whore) financially, intellectually, but probably not physically. I say that because the angel is explaining figuratively. A woman (city) sits on mountains (supported by the heads of the beast). But I'm guessing here and that is why we have to wait and watch.

    REV 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

    This does not say that the five kings will be fallen before John's life or just before the beast returns. But, I would think that the prophecy is about the future not the past.
    I think that is the point that John is making, that five have fallen and one is or the sixth king is ruling at that time.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    So if he isn't healed by supernatural means, why would anyone be impressed..let alone amazed? It wouldn't be considered a miracle but an everyday occurrence. Everyday people with major life threatening injuries are saved including head injuries...people brought back from the dead due to CPR, electrical shocks and so forth...


    ross3421...interesting study..thanks. One thing though I always thought was odd...lambs don't ever have horns.

    God bless

    A lamb with two horns is a ram. The symbolism recalls Daniel's Media-Persian ram (chapter 8) whereby the two horns of a single animal symbolize the dual kingdom of the Medes and Persians.

    In John's modern context, the two horns of the lamb (ram) symbolize the duality of modern Western Civilization: West Europe and North America.

    I wrote an ebook about this, which you can preview at http://www.thesymmetrysolution.com

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by David505 View Post
    In John's modern context, the two horns of the lamb (ram) symbolize the duality of modern Western Civilization: West Europe and North America.
    Except John wasn't writing in a "modern context", he was writing in first-century AD, Judaean kingdom, Roman Empire context. You leap from connecting the second beast's horns to Media-Persia on to present-day Europe and America? Where's the Scriptural reasoning for such an interpretation?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,626
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    ross3421...interesting study..thanks. One thing though I always thought was odd...lambs don't ever have horns.

    God bless
    Thanks.

    The two horns represent the ORIGIN of the lamb...........notice 10 horns in the first beast so we have a total of 10+2 = 12. So what could these divisons represent? Israel. This phony lamb is first seen with Israel and the two horns represents the house of David which includes the tribe of Judah.

    A counterfeit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. the first beast's fatal head wound
    By Nihil Obstat in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Mar 28th 2009, 09:16 PM
  2. get out of my head
    By Aimwell in forum Young Adults Fellowship
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 12th 2008, 10:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •